The Broadband thread

My connection UL 1MBPS
756944713.png

I pay Rs 700 PM :D
The speed is round about 5mbps and you say you have a 1mbps plan. :confused:

They are changing everything,,I asked Calcutta Telephones about the speed Increase,he said they are Testing This for limited time,If They Get Enough good Response From customer they will Continue this Service,And he Also Said A price Reduce is also Coming soon:banana2:banana2 ,
[hint:-4 MBPs with night Unlimited coming soon ;)]

4 MBPs with night Unlimited coming soon ]
You mean Rs 899 plan, right? But again it has 6 GB limit with 4 MB/s speed :mad:

Friend863 added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

Can anyone explain what exactly is this Combo 500 plan? It says 1 MB/s speed Unlimited at 500. Here is link :: Airtel ::

It says it's only available for Ludhiana and Jalandhar. Can I really get 1MB's speed at Rs 500?

That 50Mbps plan is 9000 Rupees? Which converted is about ?130, you can get the same packages here for about ?30/month.

I'm on a 20MB package for ?10/month, uncapped. The 4MB plan (i think it's 4) is free with our provider. Sky ftw.

That 50Mbps plan is 9000 Rupees? Which converted is about ?130, you can get the same packages here for about ?30/month.

I'm on a 20MB package for ?10/month, uncapped. The 4MB plan (i think it's 4) is free with our provider. Sky ftw.
That's uber-cheap. I'm paying $45/month (about 30GBP) for 12mbps/2mbps. That's after a $10 credit which will expire soon.

I don't think there are even consumer level 50Mbps packages available here--you'd most certainly have to get a dedicated line.

Internet in India hasnt grown big yet. In the last 5 years, the growth has been rapid, but it will take quite a while for India's internet to match up with the standards of US, UK, etc.

I think I should come over to UK. A 4mbps plan for free? WOW! I pay $45 right now for a 12mbps/1mbps plan (the UL is slower than sohum's).

I pay 40 a month for 20mb (unlimited ofcourse) and I am already getting sick of it. Need to make the jump to fiber optic 50Mb, but its 60 a month :(

I use Reliance , one of the worst internet services in India. :facepalm
Unfortunately , Airtel connection is not available in my house and MTNL is crap. Utter disgrace!!

varun_rustagi added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

How good is Tikona?

Internet in India hasnt grown big yet. In the last 5 years, the growth has been rapid, but it will take quite a while for India's internet to match up with the standards of US, UK, etc.

I think I should come over to UK. A 4mbps plan for free? WOW! I pay $45 right now for a 12mbps/1mbps plan (the UL is slower than sohum's).
UK is way backward in broadband I would wish to get leveled with Japan(160Mbps :banana2)
or South Korea(1Gbps :eek:)

Users who are viewing this thread