Story The DBC 2017 Fantasy League

I'll take Aus.

It's taken mate, only Bangladesh left I think, and maybe Afghanistan if anyone has made a decent team in the academy. I'm tempted to close new team additions soon. Think how long all this is going to take to sim!

Anybody got the Paddys?

Yes. Should I be open to collaboration between people here? Like a board of selectors?

I want some feedback here if I am doing anything that isn't conducive to the league. It's a democracy, but I get the final say :D

Okay I'll take Bangladesh or Netherlands if possible...

Okay apparently I'll be getting the game today. I've got Twitch set up. I'm waiting for England and New Zealand team sheets so I can set up the first test.

I am going to be closing applications for teams. If I cant get teamsheets for a certain team within say 48 hours I will open them up to someone else.

What shall I do if I get one teamsheet for a fixture but not the other? Make up my own team? Play a different fixture?

Ireland team for opening clash with Pakistan....

William Porterfield (capt),
Paul Sterling
Gary Wilson
John Anderson
Kevin OBrien
Stuart Poyntor (wk)
Sean Terry
George Dockrell
Barry McCarthy
Tim Murtagh
Peter Chase

Zimbabwe Test Match against Bangladesh

Line-Up

1. Hamilton Masakadza
2. Sikandar Raza
3. Forster Mutizwa
4. Sean Williams (c)
5. Craig Ervine
6. Malcolm Waller
7. Regis Chakabwa (wk)
8. Tawanda Mupariwa
9. Tendai Chatara
10. Shingirai Masakadza
11. Donald Tiripano

I will upload the Zimbabwe Team tomorrow with the players, kits and Stadium (I will let you know the username and ID then)

Do we get to choose our home ground & conditions etc. If so here are my conditions for the team I have selected above.

Stadium: Queens Sports Club: Bulawayo, Zimbabwe (doesn't look to be in the academy, I will create it tomorrow).

Pitch Conditions: Green Top

All other conditions can be set random or of your choosing or if Markkkkk wants to he can be home team I don't mind.

Last edited:
Hi there

Thanks for the teams. It would be great if you could send them on the academy. I will check and do some tweaking if there is stuff I dont think is correct, but I dont think I will be doing this a lot.

You can select your home ground but not your conditions (yet). I may consider changing this though. Would people think this was a good idea? I'm a bit tired of all the home dominance in real cricket and wish they did something about it. I am not sure how much of an effect conditions has yet in DBC 17.

Waiting on @Dutch @wealey88 to give me teams for the first clash. As I will have a basic copy of the game with nothing added, you can always point me towards good user teams on the academy. I know someone made a cracking NZ team. I think there is also a good Lord's.

Last edited:
@kushari can have india, i really just said it for the wind up :)

Thanks mate, but if you really want you can go ahead & play. I actually missed the post where India was selected. You can carry on if you want, if not I will be glad to participate.

Thanks mate, but if you really want you can go ahead & play. I actually missed the post where India was selected. You can carry on if you want, if not I will be glad to participate.

No honestly it was just so I could mention Navjot Sidhu, Indias greatest ever batsman. ;)

It's my pleasure to hand it over to you mate.

India team for match against West Indies for 5 Day Test (pink ball day night)....

1. Murali Vijay
2. Lokesh Rahul (Wicket Keeper)
3. Cheteshwar Pujara
4. Virat Kohli (Captain)
5. Ajinkya Rahane (Vice Captain)
6. Rohit Sharma
7. Ravichandran Ashwin
8. Jayant Yadav
9. Ravindra Jadeja
10. Bhubaneshwar Kumar
11. Mohammed Shami

12th Man: Umesh Yadav

Home Ground: Eden Garden, Kolkata

Last edited:
@Langeveldt I'm not sure if you want to wait that long but eventually we'll have all the teams with real kits and players and if you check the thread I made it'll have all the best versions of each teams.

@Langeveldt I'm not sure if you want to wait that long but eventually we'll have all the teams with real kits and players and if you check the thread I made it'll have all the best versions of each teams.

Nice, nice. I will take things as they come. I dont mind making my own teams if I have to, but obviously this will take longer.

Kiwi Team;

1. Jeet Raval
2. Tom Latham
3. Kane Wiliamson (Capt.)
4. Ross Taylor
5. Henry Nicholls
6. Colin de Grandhomme
7. BJ Watling (WK)
8. Mitchell Santer
9. Tim Southee
10. Matt Henry
11. Niel Wagner