The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Yeah and especially when we can get big wins and also the close ones like Sydney this year and Adelaide a couple of years ago.

Here's my predicted Australian XI in a few years time...

Phil Jaques
Michael Hussey
Ricky Ponting (c)
Michael Clarke
Luke Pomersbach
Dave Hussey
Brad Haddin (wk)
Brett Lee
Mitchell Johnson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Shaun Tait

I don't rate Johnson, surely Australia could come up with something better than him. Shaun Tait, on the other hand, needs some coaching to help him become more consistent in unlimited overs cricket. His accuracy is not acceptable, from what I've seen, especially when he rarely bowls above 150kph in Test cricket.

Is Nathan Bracken in test contention or is he purely a ODI bowler?

Bring in Hilfy!!! From what ive see of him hes a great accurate swinger.

We desperately need a decent spinner though. MacGills to old, Hogg in my opinion isnt a good enough test cricketer, so whos next in line?? Cullen?

ODI in my opnion, from the tests hes played hes never really looked dangerous over a long period of overs...

Last edited:
No chance for Tests IMO.

Bring in Hilfy!!! From what ive see of him hes a great accurate swinger.

We desperately need a decent spinner though. MacGills to old, Hogg in my opinion isnt a good enough test cricketer, so whos next in line?? Cullen?

ODI in my opnion, from the tests hes played hes never really looked dangerous over a long period of overs...

Hilfy>Johnson. Bring him in for Johnson. Johnno is way over-rated - Punter loves him. Cullen is shite by the way. Get Aaron Heal in there:p

Hilfy form has dipped of late not as great a season so far compared with Noffke, Bollinger and Innes. Still would be more consistent than either Johnson or Tait.

Batting wise we have David Hussey who can join our 30s crew and then Hughes and Pomersbach who play well above their age.

Aussie domianance will end the day Hayden, Gilchrist and Punter (last of invinsibles in my book) hang boots. I think next Ashes series will see two of them retiring.

Is this the End of the Aussie dominance in world cricket?
With Warne and Mcgrath retiring,australia will find it hard to bowl sides out unless jason gillespie and kasprowicz find their old form,

I think that they will win some matches but it will mostly be draws or losses

More draws cos of the power of their batting but who knows maybe the remainder of Dads Army might follow their lead,

i said this a couple of weeks ago when martyn retired that others will follow him very soon

I'm afraid its nowhere near the end of their dominance. Even without McGrath and Warne, they have still shown that they are the best. One or two bad games wont make them a poor side.

I expect them to remain numero uno for next few years atleast. They have an awesome domestic structure and produce the maximum number of quality cricketers.

I'm afraid its nowhere near the end of their dominance. Even without McGrath and Warne, they have still shown that they are the best. One or two bad games wont make them a poor side.

I expect them to remain numero uno for next few years atleast. They have an awesome domestic structure and produce the maximum number of quality cricketers.

i dis agree there batting line up is been exposed right now,in a few years with hayden gone,they are really goping to struggle with the openers,bowling wise-i was really dis appointed with johnson,tait they were so overhyped but they were only hype.with out a quality spinnr there days as no 1side will be numbered sooner

I think people should let Johnson mature since he's just a young lad still and he does have things to work on yes, but he does have the raw materials. He can bowl at good pace and can swing the ball and I would give him a decent go before writing him off.

Tait has as much talent as Johnson apart from a few technical flaws in his action. Tait is probably the fastest bowler in the world and can swing the ball both ways also can reverse swing it but accuracy is the trouble with him and you could not tell Tait to "bowl line and length" for a spell to keep the runs down since he will always have that aggressive nature.

I don't know about much of Australian Domestic Cricket, but surely there's someone better then Johnson?
He doesn't look Australian-Grade at all.

Tait's got pace...But so far has not been able to do too much with it in the creams.

ODI's are a different story for both, though.

Users who are viewing this thread