The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Dont bring up another arguement about Murali. His ball is legal officially, end of story

for Murali his ball is officially legal now.

But you're right of course, this is not the time or the place to talk about Murali's chucking. The thread is for bashing Australia and for everyone to try their best at convincing each other, even a year after the thread was actually started, that Australia's dominance is finally over.

in the 80's and early 90's you were at a low,
now 15 years later its time to go back to the 80's for you boy

Oh my, I missed this one.

Umm back to the terrible 80's it is then? Didn't we win this little thing called the World Cup during the 80's? Didn't we have rubbish players like Allan Border, Dennis Lillee, Greg Chappell, Steve Waugh, Rod Marsh, Craig McDermott, Merv Hughes, David Boon and others play for us during the 80's too? Oh well... I guess it's back to the 80's.
disbelief.gif

The 80's was actually when we started to come good. The 90's was when we dominated, and most of the 2000's too. We're definitely not going to recede into nothingness and suddenly become a bad side though!

Why is it that India is really mad about cricket and yet are number 4. in OD games. It doesnt make sense they have 2 billion we have 23 million and all this rubbish about cricket being a "past memory" or something is rubbish they just cant produce enough tendulkars.

Although India is improving at a rapid pace they have to remember that it was Tendulkar who won them the finals.

2000-2007:p

Speak of the devil, I was talking about you just yesterday, CG. Where have you been? Did you have some trouble choosing which team you were going to go for this month or something?
smirk.gif

Why is it that India is really mad about cricket and yet are number 4. in OD games. It doesnt make sense they have 2 billion we have 23 million and all this rubbish about cricket being a "past memory" or something is rubbish they just cant produce enough tendulkars.

Although India is improving at a rapid pace they have to remember that it was Tendulkar who won them the finals.

It's actually more like 1.1 billion, but it's still quite pathetic.
wink.gif

It's about 1.1 Billion.

Yeah but our money to spend on sport is higher and our experts are better
Shouldnt their experts be better since they watch cricket since they were like 6 and get taken to the ground whenver India is playing another country.

It's about 1.1 Billion.

Still no excuse, how many times is that by our population?

EDIT: Do cows count as population?

There is no way in hell that australia will decline as a dominant force.

i bet there second team could give the likes of NZ and england a run for there money.

australia are nowhere near as good as they used to be when mcgrath,warne and langer we're playing,but there is no doubt that there youth system is there to bring through another set of superstars.

it would be very,very silly to write this team off.

Last edited:

well the amount of talent in both batting and bowling departments india
has right now is better than most,we have the best allround bowling attack in tests,i believe we are 2nd in the test rating now and will be no 1
after beating australia 3-0 at home,tendulkar played a important part but the rest of the team also contributed likes of rohit sharma,yuvraj,dhoni,robin,praven,shreesanth,bhajji,piyush all played their part,now days we win as a team which is impotant look at the perth test nobody got a hundred but we still won as everybody from1-11 contributed.also in 2nd final iishant was unavailable but still some one stood up,zaheer,shreesanth were unavailble for the tests still ishant stood up,so our bench strength is stronger than any nation,and we have potentially world class left arm seamer by the name of sangwan coming through our domestic circuit so indias future looks rosy

Yeah, it takes 50 Indians put together to be as good as 1 Australian. :D

well its takes 1 sikh to beat the 23 million australians:p:cool::p

Speak of the devil, I was talking about you just yesterday, CG. Where have you been? Did you have some trouble choosing which team you were going to go for this month or something?
smirk.gif

It's actually more like 1.1 billion, but it's still quite pathetic.
wink.gif

well you should have trouble chosing your team,as the future world champs are india and i bet you had ahard time seeing your team hammered

There is no way in hell that australia will decline as a dominant force.

i bet there second team could give the likes of NZ and england a run for there money.

australia are nowhere near as good as they used to be when mcgrath,warne and langer we're playing,but there is no doubt that there youth system is there to bring through another set of superstars.

it would be very,very silly to write this team off.

australia have declined,they have really 1 strike bowler,and their batting stars are near retirement,with out haydos and ponting they will struggle more
,also lack of spinners will hurt them i n tests and odis
as brad hogg gave them crucial breaks in odis,which is undervalued immensely

Yeah, but we're still talking about 1.1 billion people vs 21 million people.

well its not about population,then china would be no 1 in all sports
its about infrastructure,economy,

Shouldnt their experts be better since they watch cricket since they were like 6 and get taken to the ground whenver India is playing another country.

Still no excuse, how many times is that by our population?

EDIT: Do cows count as population?

do kangaroos count in your population census ?

Last edited:
Of late our young spinners seem to be coming through very nicely. Dohety for ODI and Casson for Test. Selectors might even play Casson for ODI even though he can't make the NSW OD team. Both guys performed in the finals for their teams so it's not as bad as it was 3 months back.

Users who are viewing this thread