The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Gilly used to shine once in an event these days :( no doubt he is very dangerous opener in ODI and a vital 6-7th down test player . Everytime aggresive opening doesnt help to win matches. In this CBS Gilly has failed many times due to his over aggresive opening style which put middle orders in pressure but somehow we managed to win. But in final we saw Gilly once again tried out same thing and whole team had to pay for it . (though Ponting failed everytime ) :( then also Gilly Is A Legend :hpraise but there is a time when the legacy has to be over .

Had Gilly been not there Australia would not have won the matches it did in CB Series.

About the same happened last year.

I think this defeat would have hurt the Aussies a lot more than the one last year, especially because the test series was fought on a knife edge and due to the events that surrounded the cricket this summer (add to it the fact that England had lost the tests 5-0).
The defeat in the series last year was more because of the fact that they got complacent against the Englishmen who were woeful in the series till then and partly because of the fact that there was a World Cup coming up in a few days which made the series look meaningless.
Iam dead sure that this CB Series defeat would have hurt their egos badly.

I tend to think that despite all these retirements we will still be incredibly dominant. Ponting is a tenacious character and i cant see him leading the team south...despite his recent form.

People outside Australia itself just don't realise the incredible wealth of talent coming through our domestic ranks at the moment. Fast Bowling, Batting and yes wicket-keeping depth is no problem at all in my opinion. Even spin isnt as bad as what the media and everyone is making out to be. That's because they're all looking for another Warne. MacGill is still around, Doherty, Hauritz, Heal, Bailey and Cullen are all young.

MacGill is still around, Doherty, Hauritz, Heal, Bailey and Cullen are all young.

McGill is 37. He will at best play one last series. But having suffered defeats recently I think CA would like to look for younger options.

McGill is 37. He will at best play one last series. But having suffered defeats recently I think CA would like to look for younger options.

Or fall back on someone who has averaged about 5 wickets a game throughout his career and got them through many long innings. MacGills the name.

Or fall back on someone who has averaged about 5 wickets a game throughout his career and got them through many long innings. MacGills the name.

How long you think he'll last. I think hes Australias answer to Munaf Patel.

One series at best is a bit of a stupid prediction. MacGill may be 37, but he's the best spinner in Australia (and is fit) for the first time in his career. He'd want to play for at least a year before hanging up the boots.

Also they will pick macgill because the poor guys been living in warnes shadow forever and hardly ever got a game.
Whenever he finally did get a game he performed extremely well.

They will stick with macgill until he decides to retire.

Maybe will use a a few young spinners in the 1 dayers

If MacGill fitness is right I reckon he will go on to 40 to make up for lost time during the Warne era. But all we really need is 1 or 2 more seasons before our young spinners really come through. Casson is starting to show real promising taken 4 fers in the last 3 or so FC matches along with a 99 last game.

If MacGill fitness is right I reckon he will go on to 40 to make up for lost time during the Warne era. But all we really need is 1 or 2 more seasons before our young spinners really come through. Casson is starting to show real promising taken 4 fers in the last 3 or so FC matches along with a 99 last game.

It would be a tough ask to play until he's 40. Australia have to hope that he can play for as long as he can until one of the youn guys put their hand up. I think the Australian selectors aren't prepared to gamble on them either meaning if MacGill is plagued by this injury, they will have to find a 4th seamer.

270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread