The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
LOL

And I've heard all of this stuff on Sachin Tendulkar.

That he can't live a normal life because the entire country is obsessed with him. Because they all wanted to be just like him and that in the 90's they used to rely on him and that the Indian population would turn him on as soon as he failed.

The same thing with MS Dhoni aswell.

And they've been reports of Indians taking their own lives because India got eliminated in the group stages of the world cup. And as soon as another country's player reacts to an Indian gesture, they go out of there way to burn posters of that particular player.

India takes cricket way to seriously for it not to be their first preference in life.

LOL

And I've heard all of this stuff on Sachin Tendulkar.

That he can't live a normal life because the entire country is obsessed with him. Because they all wanted to be just like him and that in the 90's they used to rely on him and that the Indian population would turn him on as soon as he failed.

The same thing with MS Dhoni aswell.

And they've been reports of Indians taking their own lives because India got eliminated in the group stages of the world cup. And as soon as another country's player reacts to an Indian gesture, they go out of there way to burn posters of that particular player.

India takes cricket way to seriously for it not to be their first preference in life.
This post doesn't even deserve a response. Since when are extremists used as the barometer for people? All I have to say is that you really need to carefully think about what you read, especially if it's coming from a local Australian newspaper.

Of late our young spinners seem to be coming through very nicely. Dohety for ODI and Casson for Test. Selectors might even play Casson for ODI even though he can't make the NSW OD team. Both guys performed in the finals for their teams so it's not as bad as it was 3 months back.
Casson looks good, but not ready yet IMO. McGain really does deserve the mantle of second spinner.

Meh, from what I've seen Casson looks hardly threatening and isn't International standard. I think Michael Clarke's a better spin bowler.

Our spinners are so poor that we'd be better off playing part-time spinners and playing 4 quickies like the West Indies did.

Yeah but surely a country who get packed stadiums and love it like a mans best friend that they should get more tendulkars.

I actually think Australians are naturally more gifted except for Tendulkar.

You Do Not get it,do you ,tendulkar is once in generation player there can never be a tendulkar,after losing badly you have to say the current lot of indian cricketers are more naturally gifted than their aussie counterpart
look at the guys you have who are coming through ,they are average at best as always after a generation of talented crickets that you have had the next generation is always worse.

Why in gods name would I have trouble picking my new team for the month? When I've only gone for one team my whole life and will always go for one team, through the good times and bad, the country I was born and raised in (unlike some).

Somewhat like you it seams, who was so proud and honored that he went for India, that he had "Everyone" in his national team, when they were crap...

Pathetic
lol.gif

You Can delete australia from my teams list rest are fine :p

3-0? What series were you watching?

i am talking about the upcoming test series in india where if we ha ve a good year we should be close in points to australia

Last edited:
You Do Not get it,do you ,tendulkar is once in generation player there can never be a tendulkar,after losing badly you have to say the current lot of indian cricketers are more naturally gifted than their aussie counterpart
look at the guys you have who are coming through ,they are average at best as always after a generation of talented crickets that you have had the next generation is always worse.
How do you know if they havent been tested?

How can you say Tendulkar is one in a generation. They've been many players to average in the mid 50's in Test Cricket.

I'm sure he does not mean only the averages.Tendulkar is far better a batsman and i believ he has proven himself over the years.So,yes,in a sense he is once in a lifetime player.

He's not really a once in a generation player in a practical sense, maybe if you're talking about Indians. Dravid's not really a match winning type of player and as we saw last week, the best of Sehwag tends to come out for draws as well. If there's a player who really seems to tilt the scales for India it is Tendulkar.

On the world stage, though, there have definitely been plenty of peers. Lara's ability to 'turn it on' was rather unparalleled. His tally of double hundreds is second only to Bradman. I think Sangakkara is possibly the closest to Lara in terms of this ability, though his overall career might fall short of the aggregates. Ponting's ability to consistently produce hundreds is probably a notch ahead in terms of matches played, though Tendulkar's long career will probably prevent an over-take. Hayden's uncompromising style combined with conversion rate is quite uncanny and I can see a 35 year old Pietersen holding an even more powerful aura.

Users who are viewing this thread