The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
McGain is not an ordinary 36 year old though, he has only played a couple years of domestic cricket and so his muscles are likely not as fatigued as a 26 year old who has played six years domestic cricket.

But he had to get picked from somewhere, maybe he played 15 years of Grade cricket?

But he had to get picked from somewhere, maybe he played 15 years of Grade cricket?
Yeah he's been playing premier cricket for a while, but that's still not as much of a strain as domestic or international cricket. I actually met him at a clinic once, he seemed like a nice guy and I think he was talking about retiring at the end of the season, and that was the year that Warne retired and he got called up by Victoria.

He's played for them before, but never as consistently as he is now.

in my two threads
there are barely any australian in it
That's because you're looking for ODI players, rather than players with decent first class records. People can mention Pomersbach, Marsh, Hughes, Blizzard, Siddle, Ronchi, etc, but they don't count. Ronchi wouldn't even count because he's 27, but after only 2 and a half seasons as WA's primary keeper, he's hardly a old hand.

I don't think it is end of Australia Dominance. I am sure they will find some quality players. Australia may not the same team without Mcgrath and Warne. But capable of winning the series anyways. Even though current Australia team is not better than previous Australia team, but is still better than every teams ;)

MalikBrother added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Now it begins because Shaun Marsh and Watson are back

Nice Siggi by the way :D

I don't think it is end of Australia Dominance. I am sure they will find some quality players. Australia may not the same team without Mcgrath and Warne. But capable of winning the series anyways. Even though current Australia team is not better than previous Australia team, but is still better than every teams ;)

MalikBrother added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Nice Siggi by the way :D
It's actually too big. 300x100 including text. He'll have to remove the text.

Aiden Blizzard looks somewhat promising, but I'm not convinced whether he has a future in FC cricket yet. In OD and T20, he looks great though.

End of Australian Dominance?

There's definitely problems over at the Aussie camp at the moment. A 2-0 loss to India and now about to lose to the South Africans at home, possibly even a whitewash.

There greatest strength has been their effectiveness of their bowling attack - with the likes of Warne, McGrath, and Lee hitting the batsman hard constantly. McGrath and Warne are gone, Lee is injured and is in horrible form.

Even without McGrath and Warne, Australia had a strong enough batting lineup to win them matches. They could put up 500 in a 5 sessions and have plenty of time to bowl out teams twice. But their batting now is in disarray with Hayden not getting runs and about to retire.

Simple question really, is it the end of the Aussie era?

We have the best batting in the world, the problem is the selectors atm. We put in injured Symonds(who shouldn't be in the test side anyway) an out of form Lee, out of form Hayden. Also Hussey is out of form but thats not selectors fault. We also have like 5 injuries. Bowling will sort itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread