The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure it's just the Ford Ranger cup matches as I don't remember seeing the Pura cup listed in the Cricket channel when I was in Asia.

May I know where in Asia and the name of the channel ?
We get all Ford Ranger Cup games live and some Pura Cup games on STAR CRICKET.
I remember the commentary team as one which consists of Border and Mark Waugh.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

However Iam sure that they show more Ford Ranger Cup games than the Pura Cup.
Pur Cup matches were shown more frequently a few years ago than they are now, quite ironically so because its only been a year since the Cricket channel started.

The coverage of English County cricket is very comprehensive.

I was in Singapore, they had the Cricket channel which is basically what Star Cricket shows. They had the tour games live as well, like India vs WA (example).

Tour matches I know that Star were covering themselves, but actual state vs state matches more than once a year in whites?

To bring this thread back on topic, I have to say it is pretty impressive to see the Windies team challenge the Australian one consistently--even if it is only in 1-2 innings of a Test match.

The sooner Hayden comes back the better, we definitely need him in India. Lee and Clark are going to have a lot to carry over there.

We gotta get rid of Johnson & Casson.

Deadset, it's not like we struggle for class performers either. We have easily 10 players who deserve to be playing for Australia over these 2 goons.

When will this threads dominance end.

Australian team are no doubt still a strong unit, but I think the other teams are catching up. West Indies too are giving them a run for their money now.

This is good for cricket, higher quality cricket can be played and the balance can be restored. I don't want a permanent top dog, three teams fighting for the mantle is always going to prove better for the game.

Probably unfortunately in test cricket atleast I still think there is a considerable gap between the Aussies and the rest. They win the big games.

They still know how to finish it off and I'm sure they'll get the victory in West Indies tomorrow, as well. But they haven't been as dominating as one would have expected them to.

Us Aussies didn't really expect the sort of crushing dominance we had with Waren and mcGrath in t he attack but we still expect to win. Its getting a bit like when Aussie dominance was first starting to bite. Winning series but having to fight hard to do it in by no means one-sdied contests.
As for Casson - he needs more experience. Bowlers need a series of consistent bowling to establish themselves. Johnson probably rescued himself with that four wicket haul. He may turn out to be one of those guys who, when his position may be threatened, pulls out a blinder.

And then goes over 5 an over after the blinder. I truely hope the selectors over look his tail stealing wickets and see how ineffective he has been.

People who need to be replaced:

Mitchell Johnson
Beau Casson
Andrew Hilditch

That is all.

I think Johnson has great potential as hes got pace, swing but just needs accuracy so he can pitch it outside offstump with nearly 100% success rate.

Users who are viewing this thread