The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Damn you people, please stay away from mentioning any country.
You all are nothing in front of any respective countries.
Anyway whatever people are saying but Marsh is a real find. I am not saying this because He is cheapest of player in IPL or He has scored some aggressive runs but He has great potential as He can steer the innings and same time can attack any opposition.
I am looking forward to see him in playing in Aussis national team.

Yeah well it was a typical Indian response to a pretty obvious statement. :rolleyes:

Pomersbach is class and has the potential to be one of the world class players in the world weather you narrow minder Indians wanna believe it or not.

I watch australian domestic cricket and Pomersbach hasn't impressed much in the ODIs. Though your right he has potential. I wouldnt say world class but certainly can be a force. I'm more interested in Marsh...

His FC is crazy though so there is every chance his ODIs will stock up.

Last edited:
Yeah well it was a typical Indian response to a pretty obvious statement. :rolleyes:

Pomersbach is class and has the potential to be one of the world class players in the world weather you narrow minder Indians wanna believe it or not.

If you look at my posts, everytime I have used 'I think' and not forced my point. It is just that Marsh impresses me more than Luke. And I think Luke is not class but strength.

You need more than strength to score hundreds against England and South African test standard line-ups. I'm with Ben, I think Pomersbach will be the superior test batsman, but until they both make it into the test team it's only guessing. Pomersbach has been awesome in FC cricket though, an average of 52 is brilliant.

I agree Pomersbach looks to have strength but that could be because he can use it. In a test match he can play in a far more calm manner. But his OD domestic average is a problem (24) which doesnt give him a chance in the international just yet. As for potential its all mental. Mark Waugh was always the more elegant, talented brother than Steve yet steve has eclipsed his brother. I think in the end it depends on who is mentally tougher. Its gonna make interesting viewing.

You need more than strength to score hundreds against England and South African test standard line-ups. I'm with Ben, I think Pomersbach will be the superior test batsman, but until they both make it into the test team it's only guessing. Pomersbach has been awesome in FC cricket though, an average of 52 is brilliant.

I can only see him getting in the ODI team, not the test team. But seeing his OD average, that looks far away too.

*He may get into the test team. Do not quote me if somehow he gets into the test team*

Pomersbach has been awesome in FC cricket though, an average of 52 is brilliant.

I reckon people are only saying Marsh is better because he is the much flashier and eye catching player. I doubt they've even seen Pomersbach in full flow. Let's give them each some time to see their consistency, before making a judgment.

Oh, and if you think Pomersbach's entrance to the FC stage has been spectacular, take a look at Tiwary's record.

http://content-www.cricinfo.com/india/content/player/35565.html

Yeh, I noticed Tiwary's record the other day, simply stunning. For a young player to have converted 8 fifties into 6 hundreds is amazing. He also emulates Kevin Pietersen which gives him some kudos in my eyes. He can't have been playing long though, or has changed his technique in recent years, for him to have developed and copied Pietersen's style. He's going to be a top talent I reckon, India certainly have a gem on their hands.

Tiwary had one spectacular season followed by one okay season. He needs a couple more seasons to prove his consistency.

Tons of players average over 50 in Indian domestic cricket. Rarely any Aussie youngster averages over 50 in first-class cricket which makes him so amazing.

If common sense prevailed and you ignored statistics & age and you judged batsman on how they bat & perform then clearly Pomersbach would be rated highly amongst this forum.

Tiwary look all at sea against Australia a few months ago whilst Pomersbach destroyed the English & South African bowling lineup at 19 years of age.

I'd hardly rate his List-A career as an indicator as at times his been batting at 5 or 6 as he was introduced into the team along side the likes of Ronchi, Marsh, North, Rogers & Voges and at times Gilchrist, Langer & Hussey.

Notice how Pomersbach was chosen for the Twenty20 International and Marsh wasn't?

I bet if Pommers was playing for another country, he'd have already played a test match.

Gilly Fan added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Are you only judging on IPL?

I'd be guessing so. I doubt he'd be following our Domestic Season.

Users who are viewing this thread