The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Not likely unless Marsh becomes a lower order player that can rescue a team. As thats what I see a Bevan type player as.

I love it, 1 decent twenty20 competition and he's being considered over Chris Rogers and Phil Jaques. Marsh isn't ready for test cricket, a FC average of 33 just isn't good enough at this stage. I'm with Ben aswell, Pomersbach will be better, been incredibly impressed with him, has some real talent, and has already been performing in Aussie FC cricket.
He made the list before IPL, so it's actually two decent T20 competitions!

Shaun Marsh in a nutshell: Hugely rated junior, made the WA side at a young age. Floundered a bit with the discipline and commitment clashing with the sort of activities most young blokes tend to want to do. Recently did manage to develop his game a bit; always had the immaculate drives, but the horizontal bat shots were needed. The question of commitment came to a loggerhead when he and Pomersbach were suspended for having a night out before a game. Marsh's 07-08 season was as consistent as you're ever likely to see. His averages were high in all three competitions and he was WA's most valuable player.

Although his career FC average is forgettable, his performances are seen as something of a coming of age for a batsman who definitely has the ability to play top level cricket. Compare the situation with Michael Clarke, whose First Class average was less than 38 when he made his Test debut. I can also see a lot of comparisons between Shaun Marsh and Michael Vaughan, a similar sort of player who made better impressions through style than through numbers.

Why does everyone think Pomersbach is great? He is more of a mid-wicket slogger. I don't think he will be a good ODI/TEST player.

Pomersbach had a way better season in FC than OD. You don't do that if you are a slogger, hes got the big match temperament including scoring 100s against SA and England.

Why does everyone think Pomersbach is great? He is more of a mid-wicket slogger. I don't think he will be a good ODI/TEST player.
Are you kidding? His a brilliant batsman and has dominated ever since his come into first-class cricket. Before he even made his debut he destroyed the South African & English in practice games, making world class bowlers look like park bowlers and making 100s in both games.

He'll probably be one of the best batsman in the world in a few years.

Are you kidding? His a brilliant batsman and has dominated ever since his come into first-class cricket. Before he even made his debut he destroyed the South African & English in practice games, making world class bowlers look like park bowlers and making 100s in both games.

He'll probably be one of the best batsman in the world in a few years.

Want a bet on that?

I wouldn't bet that he is necessarily better than Rohit Sharma in limitrd overs' games.

A 100,000 vCash bet?

lol.gif

'Internet Warriors'

Badrinath > Pomersbach.

I agree he's a great batsman, but I must say that Badri is simply better.
Tiwary is probably better as well.

India's domestic circuit is simply exploding with high quality cricketers at the moment.
To say he is better then any is quite an uneducated response...

What Aussie has 'Pom' in his name anyways :p

May I ask how so many Indians feel they know a lot of about Australian domestic players? I don't care if you've seen Marsh in the IPL, you haven't seen any of them in the Pura Cup if you live in India so I find it difficult to understand how you are comparing two players when you've seen a lot of one and a little bit of Twenty20 cricket of the other.

I wouldn't bet that he is necessarily better than Rohit Sharma in limitrd overs' games.

Nor would I.

Marsh couldn't compare to India's youth gun batsmen at the moment. Yeah, he is playing really well at the moment but he doesn't have the x factor like Sharma does. In the Ford Ranger Cup, Marsh makes the odd 50 and doesn't really show much flair to be honest.

Although, he is really playing well now! So who can really say?

Pomersbach would already be playing International Cricket if he lived in any other country. How he didn't get a cricket Australia contract is aboslutely beyhond me.

And I don't care how many first-class games his played. His played in an extremely strong domestic competition and his first-class average wouldn't be any different if he had've played 30 games in a weaker competition starting at age 17 then 10 games in a stronger competition while starting at age 20-21-22.

You haven't seen what his done, obviously. His destroyed the English & South African bowling attacks and his Shaun Tait bowling 145kph + over his head for 6 when he scored 87 in a List-A game. He has a Kevin Pietersen like feel about him, the way his just come out of nowhere and dominated whereever his played.

Badrinath is like 5 or 6 years older then Pomersbach, his almost 28 infact. Michael Clarke is younger and has played almost 40 Test Matches and over 100 ODI's.

His name is Pomersbach. So his obviously a Pommy Basher.

Users who are viewing this thread