The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
May I ask how so many Indians feel they know a lot of about Australian domestic players? I don't care if you've seen Marsh in the IPL, you haven't seen any of them in the Pura Cup if you live in India so I find it difficult to understand how you are comparing two players when you've seen a lot of one and a little bit of Twenty20 cricket of the other.

Thats cause we can see the action live here. We get the telecast of the Pura Cup and your domestics.

I wouldn't bet that he is necessarily better than Rohit Sharma in limitrd overs' games.

Rohit Sharma could very well be the star of the future. I can see him be the backbone of the Indian batting.

Thats cause we can see the action live here. We get the telecast of the Pura Cup and your domestics.

lol i know its shamefull that we aussies cant watch our own domestic cricket yet india can watch the whole world in any sport with super cheap prices ,we can only watch it on pay tv which costs a lot and is an absolute rip off. :help

Pomersbach would already be playing International Cricket if he lived in any other country. How he didn't get a cricket Australia contract is aboslutely beyhond me.

And I don't care how many first-class games his played. His played in an extremely strong domestic competition and his first-class average wouldn't be any different if he had've played 30 games in a weaker competition starting at age 17 then 10 games in a stronger competition while starting at age 20-21-22.

You haven't seen what his done, obviously. His destroyed the English & South African bowling attacks and his Shaun Tait bowling 145kph + over his head for 6 when he scored 87 in a List-A game. He has a Kevin Pietersen like feel about him, the way his just come out of nowhere and dominated whereever his played.

Badrinath is like 5 or 6 years older then Pomersbach, his almost 28 infact. Michael Clarke is younger and has played almost 40 Test Matches and over 100 ODI's.

His name is Pomersbach. So his obviously a Pommy Basher.

1. I don't think he would have a place in the Indian 11 at the moment.

2. How can you rate a player so highly with an average of 52.72 in just 20 innings? He is still new, and as his career progresses bowlers will find chinks in his technique and his average will drop down.

3. Again, bowlers haven't yet found his weaknesses. I have seen many sixes over the bowlers head at 145ks+ speeds, so I don't see anything much special there. And he is far far far from what Pietersen is.

4. I think it is happening with Badrinath what had happened to MEK Hussey. Nobody knows why Badri has not had his chance yet. And I feel Hussey > Clarke any day.

And I would like to add that Pomersbach looks like a very limited player who just has brute strength. And that he premeditates most of his strokes.

1. I don't think he would have a place in the Indian 11 at the moment.

2. How can you rate a player so highly with an average of 52.72 in just 20 innings? He is still new, and as his career progresses bowlers will find chinks in his technique and his average will drop down.

3. Again, bowlers haven't yet found his weaknesses. I have seen many sixes over the bowlers head at 145ks+ speeds, so I don't see anything much special there. And he is far far far from what Pietersen is.

4. I think it is happening with Badrinath what had happened to MEK Hussey. Nobody knows why Badri has not had his chance yet. And I feel Hussey > Clarke any day.

And I would like to add that Pomersbach looks like a very limited player who just has brute strength. And that he premeditates most of his strokes.
1. Obviously because you haven't seen him play in a first-class game. If he was Indian and you saw what I've seen him do in such little time then you'd be agreeing with what I' am saying.

2. His made 2 hundreds against 2 International bowling attacks which could've very well been deemed first-class status. Australia has the strongest domestic in the world and a player averaging over 50 after 20 innings if no different to a player averaging over 50 after 40 innings in English domestic.

3. Really? Cause the only other one I've seen that was on a sizeable ground was Shahid Afridi's off Brett Lee's 148kph delievery.

Face it Ben, he's not Indian, he never will be Indian and so he's just never going to be any good. Even if he scores a heap of runs for Australia, he'll still be an arrogant Australian.

Australia need bowlers more than Pommy basher. McGill and Jhonson are just dabba(box).

May I ask how so many Indians feel they know a lot of about Australian domestic players? I don't care if you've seen Marsh in the IPL, you haven't seen any of them in the Pura Cup if you live in India so I find it difficult to understand how you are comparing two players when you've seen a lot of one and a little bit of Twenty20 cricket of the other.

We get all Aussie domestic cricket. Even those games which you cant watch. :p

Last edited:
I wont compare anyone till he has played 3 years of international test cricket consistently.

I get the Pura Cup in India for free and here in the US with Zee Sports :D

Actually,we dont get the Pura Cup for free.But,its at a very affordable price. Less than 50 cents a month for Espn-Star.So,yeah,everyone has the channels.

Users who are viewing this thread