The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
Yes Bollinger has a contract.

I must say I really liked the list this year, made a lot more sense than last year's. I couldn't figure out Hodge until now, glad to see him back in the test team. Deserved it more than he did in the ODI team.

Must say selectors were spot on in picking Marsh, hes going great guns in the IPL. Could find himself filling Gilly shoes in our ODI team.

Haddin is going to be great. It amazes me as to how many people think we should look elsewhere. The truth is, Gilly was past his prime and was not performing well enough to hold his spot in the upcoming year or so - that's why he retired. Haddin was putting too much pressure on him.

I still feel that Haddin should be the No.1 for Tests and Ronchi needs to be given a run in the ODIs. Else,they will have to look for another opener in the ODIs. Maybe Hussey or Clarke could fill the gap.

Haddin has opened in ODI before but I suspect they will promote Hopes to open until Watson gets himself back into the team.

Haddin has opened in ODI before but I suspect they will promote Hopes to open until Watson gets himself back into the team.

How about Shaun Marsh for the same role ? The las has impressed me in the IPL. His strokes too have been just perfect. He has really played well. Deserves a palce in the ODIs.

Shane Watson could maybe play a finishing role or an opening role. His bowling is a bit suspect but batting he pips Hopes.

Shaun Marsh should be openor in Test and ODIs as well. Watson will definately be back for ODIs as well. Bye Bye Hopes.

Shaun Marsh should be openor in Test and ODIs as well. Watson will definately be back for ODIs as well. Bye Bye Hopes.
Are you serious? He should replace Jaques or Hayden in the test lineup because he's scoring runs for the 'inset ridiculous name of the team he plays for' in the IPL?

Using IPL form to decide test spots is a bit like watching the national volleyball championships to predict someone's final English exam mark. Even ODI's are a fair bit different to Twenty20.

We will see. He looks solid and has good technique. If you have seen the games you will have noticed he hardly slogs. He plays authentic cricket shots and yeah like all WA batsman loves pull and hook.

Users who are viewing this thread