The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
I think Johnson has great potential as hes got pace, swing but just needs accuracy so he can pitch it outside offstump with nearly 100% success rate.

Personally, I think he can't improve, but I'm willing to give him a chance before he retires just go back to First Class cricket and get hammered there instead of at international level.

Johnson has had enough chances to impress, ship him back to FC and see if he can do what Bollinger and Noffke did.

I thought Johnson was a great prospect when he first got into the side but he hasn't performed as of late and maybe it time for another bowler to have a go. I think Australia will give him a go and if he doesn't then Bollinger, Noffke will get a go.

the end of aus dominance?? lmao rofl
as long as they keep winning series whether it be 2-0, 3-0, or 5-0 against eng :P
they'll be alrite. Although, there biggest miss will be when hayden retires. just don't see how they will replace him.

you cant say end of Aussie dominance but surely the other teams have started giving them tough competition

the end of aus dominance?? lmao rofl
as long as they keep winning series whether it be 2-0, 3-0, or 5-0 against eng :P
they'll be alrite. Although, there biggest miss will be when hayden retires. just don't see how they will replace him.

Katich
Right now we have the problem of dropping a guy that made 2 100s in his past 2 test matches and averages 60 in the Test series the highest for the Aussie batters.

Hayden's made 3 centuries in the last 3 Test Matches his played against much more quality opposition in India.

Katich can play as a special spinner and bat at number 8. :D

I'm happy to keep Katich in, I'd rather drop Jaques at the moment.

Next test match for me:
In: McGain, Bollinger
Out: Casson, Johnson

aus5892 added 0 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Next test match for me:

Katich > Symonds, Clarke, Jaques

Unfortunately, Katich will most likely be heading back to NSW :(

Next test match for me:

aus5892 added 0 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

Next test match for me:

Dean are you sure you want a 36 year old leg spinner in McGain rather than Casson. I thought Casson looked quite promising in his first test, he needs to work on a few things but he look like someone who had a good future.

I thought he got owned. The wickets he got were due to a) great fielding and b) loss of concentration.

Then again...wickets are wickets.

Like i've said before, they don't need to force the issue of spin into their bowling attack. They should back their strengths and go with a four-pronged seam attack!

He should get fined and penalized accordingly.

Its not like he doesn't have Clarke and Symonds.

I thought he got owned. The wickets he got were due to a) great fielding and b) loss of concentration.

Then again...wickets are wickets.

Like i've said before, they don't need to force the issue of spin into their bowling attack. They should back their strengths and go with a four-pronged seam attack!
Why bother when McGain is one of the best bowlers waiting in the wings? He's definitely better than Johnson.

I'd rather focus on the now than the future, because we aren't playing well enough to keep 'building' for the future. McGain is a better spinner than Casson, and that's what matters to me. Additionally, as a 36 year old who's only just cemented his spot in the Victorian lineup at the beginning of last season, he's probably a lot keener to keep playing than most other people his age.

At the end of the day though, his body will only be capable of playing for another 2 years, it's not like he's a batsman like Hick, he has to reel through lots of overs a day, which must be straining on a 36 year old body. From what I saw of the test match, Casson looked pretty good, he got some good bounce and more importantly he turns the ball, and he really got a few balls to really rip and spin. He's a young guy, obviously he's going to have flaws, but he's got talent, he performed well last season in Aussie Domestic cricket, he has a good wrong-un, and although the stats aren't great at the moment, he's got plenty of time to improve them. I wouldn't write the lad off yet, he's certainly no Warne though.

Users who are viewing this thread