The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
skateboarder said:
This would probably be the team for the fourth test at Melbourne if the retirements were with immediate effect:

1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting (captain)
4. Mike Hussey
5. Michael Clarke
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Adam Gilchrist (wicket keeper)
8. Brett Lee
9. Stuart Clark
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Stuart MacGill

I still wouldn't fancy facing it!
i think im right in saying they've already announced the lineup for the next test so i suppose the players have made a commitment and wouldnt be aloud, but you never know. both would retire at teh end of the series i guess. I bet in the press conference warne is actually just announcing some new hair product hes using :p /

Grass-roots in England has been growing for a while now due to the ECB trying differnt methods to get kids interested. C'mon those who are 16 or there abouts remembers primary school with the plastic bats and squashy ball trying to madly hit the ball out of the open hall doors in summer??

I know i do :p

But kids are becoming much more interested after 2005's Ashes, which is a great thing, but you can see the effect of our "search for spin" that England have moaned about for yonks since Warne first hit on the stage, and now we have Panesar at the moment but we have a few more younger players who are looking very good!

duded64 said:
I bet in the press conference warne is actually just announcing some new hair product hes using :p /

It is somthing Shane Warne would traditionally pull!

duded64 said:
I bet in the press conference warne is actually just announcing some new hair product hes using :p /

Warne; "I'd like to publicly announce my retirement...from having bad hair! That's it men, never go another day with your dodgy barnet and get some real style with 'fro in a can!"

Makes sense now.

gambino said:
mate the whole world doesnt revolve around the ashes

in a sense you must think that aslong as you watch aussies and england matches you know everything about cricket,

so i dont watch and couldnt care less about the australian domestic cricket,
i dont have to

The point I was making was why start a thread in which you say Australia are buggered if you have no idea what you are talking about? Also why start a thread about Australias future if you couldn't care less?

Funny how you had no answer to my question, I take it then that you don't actually watch any cricket?

Why must I think that as long as I watch Aussies and England I know everything about cricket? I've watched in the last week alone, NZ against SRL, India against Saffers and Eng v Aus. I got to see Pakistan in the English summer, as well as Windies when India went there. I would say I get to watch a fair amount of teams other than England and the Aussies ;)

I must admit I do find it amazing that they are able to provide internet access to under bridges these days. The wonders of technology :p

skateboarder said:
This would probably be the team for the fourth test at Melbourne if the retirements were with immediate effect:

1. Justin Langer
2. Matthew Hayden
3. Ricky Ponting (captain)
4. Mike Hussey
5. Michael Clarke
6. Andrew Symonds
7. Adam Gilchrist (wicket keeper)
8. Brett Lee
9. Stuart Clark
10. Nathan Bracken
11. Stuart MacGill

I still wouldn't fancy facing it!

Lee thats a NSW bowling attack :)
We've got a few youngsters coming up, heres my list of them.

Batsmen
Chris Rogers - Mr consistent, always near the top of the batting stats for FC he is 29 so not te youngest guy, this season 4 matches, 638 runs, avg 91 and high score of 279
Adam Voges - Well hes in our Test squad so that shows his potential
Marcus North - Always rated a chance for the Baggy Green but consistency has been a problem.
Shaun Marsh - Talented player, hasn't been a great season for him though
Mark Cosgrove - Simply awesome last year not so awesome this year but still young so I'd expect him to bounce back
Phil Jaques - Another Mr Consistent until this season where hes in a bit of a form slump
Cameron White - Real good prospect with the bat, hes rescued a team a few times just like a Hussey/Bevan would, bowling has gone to part time
Travis Birt - Dashing left hander batsmen, quite a big hitter and one of Tassies best.
Michael Klinger - Looks to be a promising batsmen, not a regular in the FC team of Victoria but going great guns in the OD game this season and is top of the Ford Ranger Cup batting stats
Ed Cowan - Only played a few games but was a star in the u19
Tom Copper - yet to make it into the NSW team but another star from the u19 comps.

Bowlers
Tait - Well most have seen him, not at his peak this season but still tops the FC stats with 24 wickets.
Hilfenhaus - Looks to be a real promising swing bowler at 140km/h, when its swinging watch for a 5 wicket haul.
Cullen Bailey - The best of our leg spinners, 17 wickets this season but hes bowled a ton of overs.
Dan Cullen - Already played for Australia, has been quiet this season through injury.
Aaron Heal - At the WACA he is the best spinner, in his 3 matches hes got two 5 wicket hauls with a tally of 16 wickets this season.
Mitchell Johnson - Swing both ways at pace and left armed also rated a once in a lifetime bowler by Lillee
Doug Bollinger - Similar to Johnson, hes started to get more wickets in FC this season and has already shown himself to be a good OD bowler.
Paul Rofe - Feels like hes been around forever but hes only 25, last season he was quite good this season not so great.
Nathan Hauritz - Looks to be a OD bowler rather than a FC one
Beau Casson - Was promising last season, came to Sydney where hes been struggling to make the team. Hes basically a Brad Hogg clone.

Wicket Keepers
Brad Haddin - Would be our next keeper I suspect, very consistent with the bat
Chris Hartley - Best glovemen in this country, batting is alright
Luke Ronchi - Very aggressive but still inconsistent probably be our ODI keeper
Tim Paine - Hes come from no where for me, only just took the gloves from Clingeleffer

All Rounders
Shane Watson - Bowling has been improving, had some good speed before his latest injury, batting is his strong point.
Moises Henriques - Real bright prospect from our ranks, already has a 5 for with his bowling in FC, sadly hes been injured so couldn't continue his development.
Andrew MacDonald - Only heard of him this season but hes been one of the batsmen in FC and his bowling ain't too bad plus with his height (1.94m) he should get good bounce like a McGrath/Harmison would.
James Hopes - Tops the table for our OD comp in the wickets department, consistent batter, his bowling would be near Shane Watson.

Australia will be number 1 until the rest of the world can catch up with the way they constantly bring through new quality players.

In my opinion the English county system has too many teams, that reduces the quality of the competition, Australia only has 6 teams but the quality is greater, i think the English team would benefit from reducing the number of sides in their county structure, this would make players have to rise to a higher level to get a spot in a team, fiercer contests breed better quality youngsters. Australia benefits greatly from the high standard of our state cricket.

as kp said there are too many players content to pick up a paycheck and average under 30 with the bat or over 35 with the ball

Zaibatsu22 said:
In my opinion the English county system has too many teams, that reduces the quality of the competition, Australia only has 6 teams but the quality is greater, i think the English team would benefit from reducing the number of sides in their county structure, this would make players have to rise to a higher level to get a spot in a team, fiercer contests breed better quality youngsters. Australia benefits greatly from the high standard of our state cricket.

Yes the reason Australia can churn out quality players is becuase they really need to fight for their place in the first class game. The aussie state system is designed to make talented players into international cricketeters. The english county system allows anyone to breeze through an average county career with in which you don't have a sniff of an England call-up.

Zaibatsu22 said:

I agree mate,getting to play for your state side is an high honour in itself.I don't think a lot of people realise that the the state sides are the players affiliated clubs.State sides are the best of the best done by a selection process.

puddleduck said:
The point I was making was why start a thread in which you say Australia are buggered if you have no idea what you are talking about? Also why start a thread about Australias future if you couldn't care less?

Can you quote anywhere where i said the australian team are buggered or anything to that effect?

gambino said:
Can you quote anywhere where i said the australian team are buggered or anything to that effect?

Well saying Australia will go from number 1 in the world to losing/drawing most of their matches and just winning a "few" would suggest you are saying they will be "buggered"

I think we are talking more long term than the first match without them

the 1st match should give us a clear idea straight away how the aussie team will fair as after ashes their first test match is against india in nov 2007

Users who are viewing this thread