The End Of Australian Dominance?

Is it offically over now? As of 30th December 2008?

• Total voters
i doubt we'll see "the end" of dominance. It's only 1 match lost, that doesn't mean anything. BTW the match isn't over yet, Australia will come out today and post a huge score :D:D

Who are going to tour the Australians in November 08-Mrach 09.
I think it will be South Africa and Pakistan because from what I can remember, Pakistan last played in Australia in 2003-04 or 2004-05.

tomorow will surely signal the end of the australian dominance,

You have got to be joking

1 match which isn't even lost yet doesn't signify the end of Australia's dominance. They drew with India in 2004 and lost to England in 2005 but still are at the top of the world rankings.

I can't believe I'm going to see them lose their first Test match in 2 and a half years. What a run!

It's not like Australia can't hit 400 odd runs. We've done it before. All we need is a century or two and a couple 50's from our decent bats! Which is entirely possible.

Aussie domianance will end the day Hayden, Gilchrist and Punter (last of invinsibles in my book) hang boots. I think next Ashes series will see two of them retiring.

We have enough experienced players to once again make the transition smooth. David Hussey would be in the 11 in any other country and then the 2 youngsters I mentioned have already shown they can handle international attacks. Haddin is at the peak of his powers and will be eager to replace Gilly.

Haddin is at the peak of his powers and will be eager to replace Gilly.

I read somewhere that they don't believe Haddin is ready to replace Gilly yet. Sure he is good, but apparently he needs some more work, because they want him to be at Gilly's level when he is introduced into the side.

On the batting or keeping front? His batting may not be as aggressive but he has been NSW best batter apart from Jaques.

i dis agree there batting line up is been exposed right now,in a few years with hayden gone,they are really goping to struggle with the openers,bowling wise-i was really dis appointed with johnson,tait they were so overhyped but they were only hype.with out a quality spinnr there days as no 1side will be numbered sooner

phil jacques and mitchell johnson are both quality players who with time and experience will show the consistency that we usually associate the australians with.

And I dont know what you mean by their batting lineup being exposed as well. By the time Hayden goes, Jacques would have settled into the side. The rest of the batting is as strong as ever. (Clarke, Hussey, Symonds, Punter and Gilchrist)

I read somewhere that they don't believe Haddin is ready to replace Gilly yet. Sure he is good, but apparently he needs some more work, because they want him to be at Gilly's level when he is introduced into the side.

If nyone wants to get to Gillys level he will have to take 2 births.

I think the experience of the openers showed in this last test as both were removed cheaply. It may be a warning for the future that these new players may be good, but in certain high pressure situations, they might not play as well as more established players like Ponting, Hayden, Hussey etc.

This is bloody hilarious.

Australia lose 1 test to a very good cricket team and all of a sudden they are on the downhill slope?

Ha.

This is bloody hilarious.

Australia lose 1 test to a very good cricket team and all of a sudden they are on the downhill slope?

Ha.

You're telling me - the cricketing world never ceases to amaze me when australia suffers a loss....the knives come out quickly and all of a sudden you'd think we'd just lost 3 consecutive series. That article by peter english that was just posted on cricinfo is hilarious...that guy is constantly knocking australia and i'm guessing that he's just hoping that the laws of chance will one day make him correct. We lost one test match......am I the only one who remembers that we won the first two tests of this series?

I think australia are getting too used to winning.

Even though i am an australian supporter i hate to see this but see a flow of losses for australia soon in my opinion

We have got growing youngsters but most of our players are old.

You look at india they got so many great talent and they are only young

for example Ishant Sharma 19 years old and already troubles Australian Batsmen like Ricky Ponting.

Australia have Shaun Tait, Mitchell Johnson, Michael Clarke thats bout it thats already in the side

This is not the end of Australian dominance. I think it is right to suggest an end to dominance if they lose a series or two (at full strength) but they have just lost one match against an Indian team who were inspired (for example, Ishant's spell to Ponting). Remember that Australia were without Hayden too.

Users who are viewing this thread