The field editor is a shambles.

duberryboy1

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why wasn't there a simpler drag and drop style field editor like every other cricket game in existence?

The current editor you waste time scrolling through names of positions. This isn't user friendly at all and quite frankly for people who don't know much about cricket is incredibly awkward.

Why was this thought as the best way to implement a field editor?

Why wasn't there a simpler drag and drop style field editor like every other cricket game in existence?

The current editor you waste time scrolling through names of positions. This isn't user friendly at all and quite frankly for people who don't know much about cricket is incredibly awkward.

There are many, many pre-set fields to choose from.

I don't think that the editor is bad, but some of the pre-set fields aren't great, and as soon as you get the batsman out or change the bowler you lose your custom changes.

Before I play again I'll be making some decent pre-set fields.

Also some of the fields are "decent" but have things like a first slip, which seems redundant in this game.

A more positive spin on it might've been to suggest improvements (there's one veiled one in there) rather than to call it a shambles, which honestly it isn't.

In addition to the drag & drop method (even if there is a "stencil" of pre-set positions) you've suggested above, the ability to copy a pre-set field as a base for creating a new one would help immensely. Will help save a ton of time when all you want to do is create a variant of a field with 1-2 changes.

Drag and drop would be hard to do on console, no?

What would be infinitely better than the current set up is a way to create a new field from an existing one... E.g I create a field with 2 slips 2 gullies, if I want to create an otherwise identical field but make it 3 slips by removing fine leg (but keep both pre sets) I have to start from scratch rather than using my first preset as a base to create the new one.

it would just be better to have less fields, some of them are very similar and some of them are pretty useless, and 4 or 5 slots for each aggression/bowling type for custom fields so you could save the ones you actually wanted to use.

either that or just make them all editable and saveable.

there are fields I will never use in the game, and ones I will use rarely, so it would be better if I could just save over them.

Definitely not a "shambles." I quite like the system. The Offensive, defensive, neutral etc... categories are nice. I would like to see an option maybe to save, modify and quickly select favourites, in future games though.

The in game one iis quite a lot better than the Academy one which is odd.

If the ingame one had a save function and you could move between fielders using up and down instead of just left and right it would be fine

Copy that edited version to the Academy, add delete and edit to all and I think it's job done.

Drag and drop would be hard to do on console, no?

What would be infinitely better than the current set up is a way to create a new field from an existing one... E.g I create a field with 2 slips 2 gullies, if I want to create an otherwise identical field but make it 3 slips by removing fine leg (but keep both pre sets) I have to start from scratch rather than using my first preset as a base to create the new one.

It has worked perfectly fine before. It is vital in cricket u can change the field on the fly according to match situation, this is not a simple task with this game.

Quite a lot of the included field settings are pure trash, for example players placed at mid on and long on directly behind.

Mmm no you are wrong. If you are just talking about changing on the fly its really quick and easy.

The presets are pretty bad but just don't use them

Mmm no you are wrong. If you are just talking about changing on the fly its really quick and easy.

The presets are pretty bad but just don't use them

Im not talking about changing from preset to preset. Im talking actual editing. I may want to just move Mid Off back to long off and that is not as simple as it has been in previous games.

I know what you are saying. It's very easy. If it had up and down movement like I said it would be perfectly fine.

I was agreeing with you about presets being bad.

And if you were talking about the Academy Editor then I would agree completely but the in game one is good

Folks, have a couple of quick questions related to field setting in online games...

1. Can you choose the preset fields online the way you do offline by pressing right on d-pad? I mean can you scroll the preset fields and select say "Pace Balance 1" or any other field online?

2. Let's say I have created and saved 4-5 custom fields offline. Now when I play an online game, can I access and select those fields by pressing right on d-pad?

Thanks!

Okay so I'm using the field editor in the academy for the first time and I'm not sure why it is different to the in-game version. It takes so damn long to cycle through each position.

Users who are viewing this thread