• Total voters
Auckland Aces all the way!!! :)

Auckland Aces --------4---- 50.00%
Canterbury Wizards --- 1--- 12.50%
Central Districts ------ 1--- 12.50%
Otago Volts ---- ----- 2 --- 25.00%
Wellington Firebirds---- 0 --- 0%

Just so 2 more people don't vote for Auckland :D

I will go for the Volts Too! They look one of the strongest teams and they have got some good overall team balance

I'm off again - this time to Hamilton for the weekend to see Brent Arnel unleashed on the Aussies, Tim McIntosh score an aggressive, attractive century and New Zealand thrash Australia within two days. :p
Update will come one Monday!

Cricket Company TV Show: Part 1

OpenerAnimation.gif

On this episode Rigor meets the HRV Cup's biggest profile overseas player, catches up with the captain of the Northern Knights, James Marshall, and you get to see how the Knights train. And of course there are a host of great competitions to enter and prizes to be won. Let's join Rigor as he meets star overseas player, JP Duminy...

JPDuminyProfile.png

MRFace.png
: Welcome to this week's Cricket Company and today I've got a very special guest with me- one Jean Paul Duminy. Now to say that this guy is a international cricket superstar would almost be an understatement. Announcing himself to the world with several sublime innings against Australia in the 2008/09 season, JP has since risen to the top of the cricket world- players such as Ian Chappell and Harsha Bhogle predciting him to be batsman of this decade. So it was no surprise when he was picked up in the IPL by the Mumbai Indians for $950,000 US. Yet he accepted a two month contract with the Otago Volts, to play in the HRV Cup, for just $20,000 NZ dollars. JP, what made you accept such a modest offer, by your standards?

JDFace.png
: Well Rigor playing in New Zealand interested me very much. You see, I've played in just about every other test playing nation in the world bar New Zealand, and I always thought New Zealand would be a very fun and relaxing place to play some cricket- but having spoken to Kyle Mills, who was in my Mumbai Indians' squad, I do realise that it is also a very serious environment on the field. New Zealand seems to be at peace and functioning well as a country - the people so far have been great, with a good sense of humour. I am really enjoying my time here so far.

MRFace.png
: So you've been with and around the Volts' players for a short time - who are the characters in the changing room, who do you warm to and who are you not so sure about?

JDFace.png
: Ha, well I'd have to say I enjoyed spending some time with Neil Broom- I'm staying with him. I asked to stay with someone, not in a hotel or something, just to keep it real. Yeah "Bambam" as we call him is a really good guy, good for talking football with! The other guy I've talked a bit with is Nathan McCullum, Kiwi. He's really interested in playing some IPL and really keen to hear about it- in return I get to learn a bit about your domestic structure here - it sounds really good. So yeah I'm enjoying the team so far.

MRFace.png
: Any characters in there, guys you're not so sure about?

JDFace.png
: I don't really know- Neil Wagner's an interesting bloke, a "Safrican" like me, not shy of a word about anything. But no one really that strikes me as being really odd or anything, no.

MRFace.png
: Right, well I guess that's good? Time will tell anyway. Now, what do you think of Otago as a place?

JDFace.png
: Well Rigor, Dunedin, which is where I?m staying, seems to be a great little city ? really sports made which is good of course ? and has a good culture. For a city of its size there really is a surprising following for the Volts, I went along to a coaching camp the other day at the Edgar Centre, a really flash indoor sports complex, and there were just hundreds of kids there, many of them in Volts replica gear, buzzing to play some cricket. It was just great!

MRFace.png
: And of course with all that support comes a surprising amount of pressure. You are seen as the big overseas star, what do you think you bring to the Volts and what impact can you make?

JDFace.png
: I?ve had some good discussions with the players and the coaching staff, and it seems like I?ll be batting at the top of the order and trying to play a similar role to that which I play for my other T20 sides, the Indians and the Cape Cobras, back in South Africa. I?ll be looking to bat through the innings while playing pretty attackingly and be at the end to either set a big total or see us home ? of course things don?t always work out that way but that?s the plan.

MRFace.png
: What about your bowling?

JDFace.png
: At this stage I?m happy to play primarily as a batsman, as the Volts have a very good limited overs spinner in Nathan McCullum, and also a very impressive young talent Nick Beard. Those guys should be the ones doing the spin bowling, but we have discussed the possibility where later in the season or if we have a few injuries I might bowl the odd over here or there.

MRFace.png
: Thanks, JP. Now just one last thing ? let?s put you under the spotlight ? who is going to win the HRV Cup this year?

JDFace.png
: Well I can only say us! I haven?t really had a chance to see any of the other sides, but I know we Otago Volts will just be too powerful!

MRFace.png
: Thanks very much, JP. It?s been an absolute privilege to meet and talk with you today, thanks for your time and good luck for the rest of the season?

JDFace.png
: Thanks very much, Rigor.

MRFace.png
: So there we have it- the HRV Cup's biggest star! I just can't believe how lucky we are to have such a player. After the ad break we'll come back and take you to the Northern Knights' temporary home at Cobham Oval in Whangarei, and chat to their captain James Marshall!

great update :thumbs btw harsha and ian chappell :facepalm the greatest batsmen of the decade: yeah right:laugh

i believe sachin still holds that place.

I think they were predicting for this decade, i.e. he might be the best batsman between 2010-2020. Anyway, thanks for the comment! Do you watch Cricket Company on TV?

^yeah, sometimes mostly for the quiz show :p, sometimes they show us what i already know sometimes they dont...

Users who are viewing this thread