The New Indian Team

Couldn't see how you could possibly have 2 International Indian sides when the current and only one can't even make it to the Super 8's in the WC.

wfdu_ben91 said:
Couldn't see how you could possibly have 2 International Indian sides when the current and only one can't even make it to the Super 8's in the WC.
Well I guess the second team would be the one that has been walloping international opposition in second-level competition for years now.

One day Amol Muzumdar will make it to the team...

That day India will realize how much they missed by not picking him for 10 years.

iceman_waugh said:
Are you out of your mind ?
Tendulkar as captain ? It wont take India much time to slip to the last position in ODI rankings.
Even though,we didnt make it past the first round,I'd still say that the worst ever captain India has had was Sachin Tendulkar.
Also,I feel he's getting too much of the demi-god status and he desrevs to be dropped after that batting display in the Caribbean.

Giving it to Yuvraj is not such a good option rt now.The only reason I say this is cause,India plays quality opposition in the next few months.We have around 21 matches with the Aussies.Instead,if you want a younger one,go for a bowler.How bout Zaheer Khan ?

The best man to succeed Dravid would have been M.Kaif.Sadly,his palce in the side is not at all warranted.

At that time he was too young now he is experienced enough and has a good buch of players .he deserves a chance if he wants it.

His place in the team is not yet fixed.How can you make him the captain only on the fact that he is old now ?

Give it some time and if Sehwag gets into shape half of the people here will be saying bring him back, make him captain hes what our team needs. No wonder Indian players lose their form so often because as soon as they play a few bad games they lose support from just about everyone, if Aussies were the same than Hussey would have been dropped already.

Tendulkar needs to take it on himself and retire, hes from has been bad and if he waits any longer he wont be considered as great as he is. Too many times in sports great players wait too long to retire and for 2-3 years they play way below their careers averages, they get one good performance which gets them thinking maybe i still got it.

Biggest problem with India is the bowling, their batting will almost always be good with the players that they have all they need is the bowlers to give the batsman a target that they have a chance of chasing. India needs to take a good look at their Pace bowling and bring in some international coaches and focus on that more, they will almost always have good spin bowlers so it wont be a big problem to concentrate more on the fast bowlers. They need to get Kumble to retire and give Harbhajan the responsibility to carry the burden of the main spin bowler, the constant switching of Kumble and Singh cant do good to either of them so in my opinion it would be best for Kumble to retire or for the selectors to finally say we are gona get some youth in the team and a few oldies have to go. I would keep Dravid and Gangully there as mentors and as cor of the team and i belive that Dravid should retain the captaincy.

saisrini80 said:
Sachin will not be going anywhere. If Ganguly is dropped, I hope he quits. He doesnt have anything else to fight for. he made a come back, got good scores but failed in the WC. now he shd quit if dropped.
So u mean scoring 162 runs in 3 WC matches is a failure.
Sourav has had only two failures since his return to the Indian team and has scored 7 50's
It's ridiculous to think that he will be dropped.

Last edited:
Kaarthik is being seriously thought of to succeed Dravid. No joke.
He's had alot of Captaining experience- U-19 team, Tamil Nadu, club team (Jolly Rovers-Includes many intl and domestic players). And of Course Kaif.
But the only thing that they're not guaranteed spots in the team either..
Peh, Greame Smith was captain very early in his career, when his spot wasn't cemented either-why not KKD??

No One Can Remove Him!!!!!!!

iceman_waugh said:
His place in the team is not yet fixed.How can you make him the captain only on the fact that he is old now ?

His place in team is fixed.No one can remove him .He is the best batsman in the world.If he plays well INDIA wins and if he doesnt India loses ((most times)).

Dare said:
Tendulkar needs to take it on himself and retire, hes from has been bad and if he waits any longer he wont be considered as great as he is. Too many times in sports great players wait too long to retire and for 2-3 years they play way below their careers averages, they get one good performance which gets them thinking maybe i still got it.

In every series tendulkar performs good .He will always be considered great.No one can score as many centuries as he has .He have scored most centuries against good teams not minnows.He will score 50 centuries in his ODI career.He should continue till 2011 world cup.

Last edited:
offdriven4 said:
Tendulkar has been average for the past 2-3 years

I agree he has been average but his allround game has improved his bowling
has been great and his batting still is useful for the team.

superuploader said:
His place in team is fixed.No one can remove him .He is the best batsman in the world.If he plays well INDIA wins and if he doesnt India loses ((most times)).

In every series tendulkar performs good .He will always be considered great.No one can score as many centuries as he has .He have scored most centuries against good teams not minnows.He will score 50 centuries in his ODI career.He should continue till 2011 world cup.

He has been a great player probably during his younger days he was a complete batsman with every shot and great technique but now he is on
not the same injuries have taken the toll on hi m but still he deserves his place.

superuploader said:

If he plays !
Well that is something that does not happen.
And face it- no one has the guts to drop him but he deserves to be dropped.

If you can drop a captain like Ganguly, WHY not Tendulkar ?

Cricketman93 said:
Kaarthik is being seriously thought of to succeed Dravid. No joke.
He's had alot of Captaining experience- U-19 team, Tamil Nadu, club team (Jolly Rovers-Includes many intl and domestic players). And of Course Kaif.
But the only thing that they're not guaranteed spots in the team either..
Peh, Greame Smith was captain very early in his career, when his spot wasn't cemented either-why not KKD??

KKD will be good.
I have seen someof the games he's captained the side in.A young and a vibrant force.

ok every body is talking about sachin about his form i think there is nothing left him to prove about his talent so just allow him to play freely he will back in smashing form so dont worry about him. but i am worried about the sardar ( bhajji) he has not picked a single wicket from last 4-5 matches and before that he was not playing the cricket of his caliber . so he should be given a chance in ranji and then he should be picked in the team other wise we are wasting his and romesh powar talent becoz they both cant be played in same match . i want to share my some thoughts with you people .have you ever thought about the combination with our team played wc .i mean ganguly, sehwag, robin , sachin 4 opener in our team and no allrounder and three bowlers ( dont count bhaajji becoz he is worst then parttimers like sachin).i think if at that point of time dravid thougt of right team composition then u would find a great team then that was playing see the team i am giving

ganguly
sehwag/ robin
dravid
sachin
dhoni
yuvraj
pathan
kumble /harbhjan
zaheer
agarkar
munaf
now you have seen this team here you have 5 regular good bowlers and 6 regular batsman and 1 extra batsman or allrounder pathan . you can use him as a flotter in slog overs becoz of his ability to HIT the bowl clean . but dravid have some other plan well that is now past . we cant do anything about that now but dravid should be more proffesional in his job becoz they have the potential.
Now sir vivian richards thought about indian team " I thought before wc that india is very capable of winning it .But the way they played was very disturbing . If they need any help from me I can give them time. .Because I like challenges and this is a kind of challenge for me ."
That was past forget it.It was bad time for INDIA .For future ALL THE BEST INDIA

Last edited:
hi,
I think the BCCI should bring back the players who had not played for this cup.I mean they should get back Raina/Laxman/Pathan to bring back the lost fame of the Indian team.Ganguly should stay back and the team needs few bowlers.

Two INDIAN TEAMS

Do u think that this will solve the problem.well I guess that only way to improve the performance is to pay as per the performances. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread