The Not So Great Thread of Harbhajan Singh

Heh. Pretty funny, being heavily criticised on this forum, yet talked about as one of the greatest finger-spinners of all-time on CW. Is Harbhajan Singh one of the greatest fingerspinners ever ? - Cricket Web
:rtfl

Harbajan WAS a very good spinner.
He started darting the ball into the batsmen for whatever reasons.
Rotten personality as well.

Is Harbhajan Singh one of the greatest fingerspinners ever ?

Guys like Prasanna and Bedi get regularly spoken of as some of the greatest finger spinners that have played the game.

Harbhajan is not usually mentioned in the same league despite having more wickets at a similar average and a better strike rate.

Thoughts ?.

Harbajan WAS a very good spinner.
He started darting the ball into the batsmen for whatever reasons
Rotten personality as well.

Indeed & its disappointing really. Ever since that famous 2001 series, slowly but surely over the last 9 years that wonderful flight in his bowling has disappeared. He seems afraid to flight the ball.

He is clearly is not since he has wasted his potential. But it would be fair to say he is one of the most talented fingerspinners ever though.

tactical_facepalm.jpg

Harbi and the word great don't go together. Harbi is mediocre and in fact I rate Harris higher than Harbi

Weird time to make this thread, maybe 5-6 years ago it would have been more appropriate. As of now he is only in the team based on past performances. Even hardcore Indian fans are fed up with him.

Yes i agree with Hmarka we are fed up of his non wicket taking abilities

One of the greatest, yeah maybe, how many is this, the top 10? Stats probably put him in the top 10. I think on current form though hes falling backwards.

Well give its hard to remember some of the other great fingerspinners for me, he would be in there by default. But the greatest is obviously Murali.

Well give its hard to remember some of the other great fingerspinners for me, he would be in there by default. But the greatest is obviously Murali.

Murali is a wrist-spinner though. Just that his variations is that of finger-spinner.

Users who are viewing this thread