The Rule you most hate in cricket

• Thread starter Deleted member 11215
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11215

After the recent posts in forum which requested opinion i thought id ask for yours.

Simple question what is the rule you hate most in cricket it could be anything from the LBW ruling to the no ball rule to the maximum hit being a 6. Feel free to post rules you'd like to be implemented.

The rule i most hate is the 5 runs extra if the ball hits a helmet or item from the fielding team, ok it shoul be runs, but 5 is a bit etreme, we had it happen 3 times in one fielding innings for us, we lost by about the same runs!

There isn't really a rule I disagree with. Though, I don't like the fact that a batsman has to remain out after being given out by the umpire even when he clearly isn't. He should be allowed to come back. And when he is clearly out, the third umpire should be able to inform the onfield umpires.

I don't like the bad light ruling. The current law states that the players and the umpires must be in danger to be offered the light. When the players do come off for it in Test cricket, it's often perfect for village cricket.

Destroy the electronic light meters and let the players say "Hey, it's too dark".

I hate the LBW ruling. It gives almost not chance to slow left armers id like to see umpires beable to give it if they dont play a shot and it pitches outside leg.

I don't like the D/L rule. It is messed up at times.

It's the best proven method.

For me, the rule which allows umpires to be practically untouchable for shocking decisons/succession of shocking decisions.

As one myself, i know my LBW percentage is about 5% compared to every othr dismissal. It isnt impossible one, specially with a good arm ball.

yeah i hate the LBW rule, as a legspiner i hardly get any LBW's due to the batsmen putting their pads well outside legstump and then sweeping or flicking me awst to the legside...i bet the 'outside leg stump is not out rule' was invented by someone who just wanted to add a random rule to make spinners lives hell, murali and shane would have probably got 1000 wickets each if that random rule was not in play...

Actually, if it wasn't for the outside-legstump rule, then spinners would bowl very wide of legstump on dusty tracks giving it big rip. If it spun really sharply for well outside legstump, then the batsman couldn't reach it and it would hit them in line. Unfair on the batsmen really.

Spinners used to be able to get LBWs from outside leg stump but bowlers kept bowling outside leg stump so the rule was made, I believe.

D/L Method? especially since matches can be unpredictable...

D/L Method? especially since matches can be unpredictable...

yeah because a team may be planning o attack later in the innings to keep wickets, and then suddenly out of the blue heavy rainfall comes and the team were just something like 0.50 behind the rate....really unfair

I am not a fan of the 'hit outside off stump while playing a shot' rule. What is the point of it, it prevents in coming deliveries (which are the most agressive) earning wickets and acts as a huge disadvantage to off spin bowlers who do not possess a doosra and do not have close-in fielders. Almost any half arsed attempt to get the bat at the ball at the last minute counts as a shot and so even batsman padding up seem to be protected by the rule.

Spinners used to be able to get LBWs from outside leg stump but bowlers kept bowling outside leg stump so the rule was made, I believe.

I could be wrong but I think that the rule was made after bodyline when the ball would shoot along the ground off short of a length and trap them LBW.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread