The state of off-spin bowling/suspect actions/doosra bowlers worldwide

I too have the same feeling while ajmal was surely chucking, you cant be sure in mild cases, or say narine gets reported of a higher angle etc At the same time i feel UWA are just really pissed that icc has moved forward without them and are just playing it out for publicity and bad PR.

We cannot really break it down to mild cases and severe cases. Either someone is chucking or someone is not. Also its possible that UWA, remains confused over where the start point of the trigger should be, but ICC has made up its mind to hold it on the severe side (the one that will have more bowlers called for chucking), and move on with this. So the UWA thing may not be that big a deal.

So Yousuf has the magic ability to tell the precise amount of flex? Get him umpiring asap....

Just keeps confirming my suspicion that Murali had a lucky escape

except results were 10.3 degree...or something that murli said, there certainly was flex but with in the limt proposed, wasnt that why the whole law of 15 degree was made, wouldn t it be pointless to set that limit if the person considering whom mainly the law was made was breaking that limit.

Ajmal just needs to act smart here. Once his action is legalized, he should use simply that. There is no way or no technology that can check all deliveries you bowling are fair or not. He can use 'dussra' in between his normal spin deliveries which must be within allowed criteria though. Basically once you led Murli bowling, then you have no rights to blame Ajmal or anyone else. Yes Murli passed bowling action test conducted by ICC. But that was in lab. There was no way to check that every delivery Murli has bowled on cricket pitch was with in same range of action that he bowled during bowling test.

Saeed Ajmal back in Pakistan squad for all three formats | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Knight Riders relent as Narine appears for retest | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

While the long overdue bowling action crackdown last year has been going excellent, this current situation with Narine and Ajmal is a bit curious.

Except for some PAK A matches vs Kenya last december, Ajmal has not bowl against testing opposition with his new action - yet the ICC has cleared him.

Narine however who i never felt his action was suspect at all, remodeled it - bowled Trinidad to victory in the windies domestic 50 overs comp in January. So if further tests in the India lab find anything wrong with it - something fishy is up.

Both of them cleared the ICC test in London so I don't see why they shouldn't come back in the international cricket. Narine's case is a bit weird because he was cleared by the ICC in London but BCCI wants to retest him to make sure that he is not chucking.

Surely this is undermining of the ICC, if a player is cleared by an international sporting body, as Narine was at Loughborough, shouldn't he be cleared of that everywhere?

Narine's case is a bit weird because he was cleared by the ICC in London but BCCI wants to retest him to make sure that he is not chucking.

It really is weird.

From what I understand, since he was called in a non-international tournament he did not undergo the "standard ICC tests". He was tested at some other facility which was later approved by ICC, but ICC itself stayed away from testing

On the other hand, he was called in a tournament governed by the IPL. And BCCI rules say, if you have been called twice for chucking in a BCCI tournament you have to undergo tests through BCCI before you can play a BCCI approved tournament.

Some crazy shyt like that

Was approved at Loughborough last month I believe, which has been ICC approved since around last September or October.

Yes, but all confusing "reports" say despite approval from ICC, ICC was very pointedly staying away from it :|

Saeed Ajmal back in Pakistan squad for all three formats | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Knight Riders relent as Narine appears for retest | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

While the long overdue bowling action crackdown last year has been going excellent, this current situation with Narine and Ajmal is a bit curious.

Except for some PAK A matches vs Kenya last december, Ajmal has not bowl against testing opposition with his new action - yet the ICC has cleared him.

Narine however who i never felt his action was suspect at all, remodeled it - bowled Trinidad to victory in the windies domestic 50 overs comp in January. So if further tests in the India lab find anything wrong with it - something fishy is up.

The one with Ajmal is highly suspicious.

However there remains a question mark over Narine, his bowling in the 50 over domestic finals in WI was a bit suspect.[DOUBLEPOST=1428110979][/DOUBLEPOST]
Both of them cleared the ICC test in London so I don't see why they shouldn't come back in the international cricket. Narine's case is a bit weird because he was cleared by the ICC in London but BCCI wants to retest him to make sure that he is not chucking.

As far as I know the IPL is more or less independent from the ICC so in that case I see nothing wrong with them wanting to do their own testing.

From what I understand, since he was called in a non-international tournament he did not undergo the "standard ICC tests". He was tested at some other facility which was later approved by ICC, but ICC itself stayed away from testing

On the other hand, he was called in a tournament governed by the IPL. And BCCI rules say, if you have been called twice for chucking in a BCCI tournament you have to undergo tests through BCCI before you can play a BCCI approved tournament.

This clears it up alot then. Narine has always been a bit suspect in my opinion, moreso when bowling in the IPL!

Users who are viewing this thread