The state of off-spin bowling/suspect actions/doosra bowlers worldwide

Its an ICC approved event just like any other domestic tournament so I'm not entirely sure why he had to reclear himself after being done so by the ICC is what I'm saying. My point was surely an ICC clearance should clear you from all ICC approved (and all cricketing) events.

Its an ICC approved event just like any other domestic tournament so I'm not entirely sure why he had to reclear himself after being done so by the ICC is what I'm saying. My point was surely an ICC clearance should clear you from all ICC approved (and all cricketing) events.

Approved, not managed and owned by ICC!!!!!!!

Still doesn't change the fundamentals of what I said though, if (which from what has been said everywhere we can presume he has) you're cleared by an international sporting body why should you be banned from playing in any way from any tournament around the world for the reason of which you've just been cleared of?

The one with Ajmal is highly suspicious.

However there remains a question mark over Narine, his bowling in the 50 over domestic finals in WI was a bit suspect.

Well this is where I'd disagree my friend, since of all the mystery spinners/spinners that bowl magic balls/spinners that have unusual actions in recent times such as Narie/Ajmal/Senanayke/Hafeez/Gazi/Utseya/Ashwin/Shillingford - Narine alongside Ashwin were the two spinners who IMO actions were always clean.

Key reason being that Narine & Ashwin never were doosra bowlers, but bowled the carron balls.

So I'm starting to wonder if recent talk that the BCCI is using its known influence over the lame duck ICC to figure out Narine in some way.

Well this is where I'd disagree my friend, since of all the mystery spinners/spinners that bowl magic balls/spinners that have unusual actions in recent times such as Narie/Ajmal/Senanayke/Hafeez/Gazi/Utseya/Ashwin/Shillingford - Narine alongside Ashwin were the two spinners who IMO actions were always clean.

Key reason being that Narine & Ashwin never were doosra bowlers, but bowled the carron balls.

So I'm starting to wonder if recent talk that the BCCI is using its known influence over the lame duck ICC to figure out Narine in some way.

It would be good if you can find some highlights of that Nagico final but to an extent get what youre saying but in a couple of matches in the IPL saome deliveries from Narine has been suspect and has been protected by the BCCI in the past, not sure why they are treating him differently now.

ICC revises procedures on illegal bowling actions | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Revised procedures for dealing with bowlers reported with suspected illegal bowling actions were approved, including provisions that:

· shorten the turnaround time from a bowler being reported to the test results being announced (35 days reduced to 24 days); and

· enable the ICC to recognise suspensions from domestic competitions, as long as the bowler has been assessed by the Member using the ICC testing protocol at an ICC-accredited testing centre.

The revised procedures will take effect immediately.

why should they target him ?

Ha excusing the boring comment from Sharvi, why they would target him is what I or no one can for sure, BCCI does a lot of strange things since they became the the bosses of world cricket.

Its very suspicious that he has only being called in BCCI sanctioned tournaments and that BCCI before this IPL asked for re-test when he was already cleared before in a ICC accredited. He bowled his native Trinidad to the windies domestic title in January with his remodeled action and the the umpires did not call him - so it doesn't add up for me.

why they would target him is what I or no one can for sure, BCCI does a lot of strange things since they became the the bosses of world cricket.

like big three but nothing strange in that just grabbing more power along with eng and aus, stand against Drs would be highly debatable.

Its very suspicious that he has only being called in BCCI sanctioned tournaments and that BCCI before this IPL asked for re-test when he was already cleared before in a ICC accredited. He bowled his native Trinidad to the windies domestic title in January with his remodeled action and the the umpires did not call him - so it doesn't add up for me.

this is the first tournament i guess he is playing outside WI after being called in clt20, if trinidad umpires were going to call him they would have done so before clt20 itself, i would say he always appears fine in their books. Frankly he looks fine to me on screen clean action but maybe umpires are seeing something when he is under pressure. anyway its the same bcci committee with srinath vengsarkar that cleared him recently, so wouldn't it look bad on them to accuse so quickly back if it was bcci thing.

The best conspiracy i can think of is some sort of way to hurt KKR's chances but it didn't bother them last time and seems too fickle to go through all the trouble.

So cant see any real motive for bcci to target a player...they have nothing to gain from it! I think its purely umpires thing that's going on.

I never understand this blame the BCCI game. If something weird happens, it is BCCI's fault. There is no reason for BCCI to target Sunil Narine. I personally don't find anything wrong with Narine's action but they have reported him with not just one delivery but more then 3 to 4 deliveries. They have allowed Sunil Narine to have the footage of those deliveries so he can see the flaw in action, remodel it and come back again. If you have noticed, KKR and especially Gambhir has backed Narine all the way since he was reported for the first time last year. They are taking every possible step to make sure he is there playing cricket. That statement that you made just seems like something that a silly Pakistan fan on Facebook would write who blames BCCI for anything that happens in the world cricket. I would not make any assumption until I have full facts about the incident.

I really hope he is done and dusted. Has always ignored national duty for the IPL he still has some age left in him but the type of man Clive Lloyd is cant see him returning to the WI team even.

The BCCI are a nasty bunch of people however I dont think they have total control of this situation, meaning Narine to me has always been questionable so if the BCCI are indeed conspiring to oust him from the game then kudos to them.

There is nothing worse than cheating in the game and this situation qualifies as such. Murali was allowed to do it for his career so we may think its okay but its not! The crack down on illegal bowlers is one of the best the ICC/BCCI have done in recent history.

@War the West Indians have had a history in the last couple of decades of having bowlers reported for foul actions on the international circuit Samuels, Lawson even suspected case of Dwight Washington (Marlon (@Samuels) would know of him) The bowling of Narine, particularly in the NAGICO final you speak of was highly suspect!

Users who are viewing this thread