The state of off-spin bowling/suspect actions/doosra bowlers worldwide

"WICB needs to step in to save one of their best bowlers" This writer is a moron, sorry to say that but the IPL has always come first for Sunil Narine, this is the same guy who sat out the World Cup so that he could safely play in the IPL. I am sorry but no second chances for people who disown their countries for riches!

Once again my friend it is ridiculous & disingenuous to try to paint Narine & any windies player who have chosen IPL over windies duty in recent years, without considering the the devise role the WICB has played in making the relations between their players, the worst among all test playing nations in the last 20 years.

Once again my friend it is ridiculous & disingenuous to try to paint Narine & any windies player who have chosen IPL over windies duty in recent years, without considering the the devise role the WICB has played in making the relations between their players, the worst among all test playing nations in the last 20 years.

Be that may the WICB issues how bout the time when Bravo/Plollard/Narine chose IPL over representing the T&T Red Force in their last appearance at the IPL, even when the sports minister of Trinidad had matched their salaries? And why should the same WICB accept him now?

I stopped watching that IPL crap years ago and I'm sure that is case with a majority of non Indian fans. I'm just glad unlike a few seasons ago international cricket has not stopped all over the world during these two months.

Same, the only cricket "fans" that I know who watch the IPL are Indians or some Pakistanis who enjoy the Bollywood flavour, other than that, no one who seriously enjoys cricket watches it, or watches it regularly that is.

I'm also glad that international cricket doesn't have to prioritise the IPL fiasco and that a number of players, especially the English, are deciding to stay and play in England or for England, that shows a certain level of commitment to their international careers.

the English, are deciding to stay and play in England or for England, that shows a certain level of commitment to their international careers.

Lol nobody wants to be KP'ed i guess :p

apart from that who will be picked? ..

Last edited:
Apart form that its a money spinner because it easily attracts non serious cricket fans like old people, woman, people who cant spend 5 days in their hectic lives etc cause of its short time entertainment value.

Exactly. I actually managed to interest my "born-and-bred-in-Canada" roommate to watch a full IPL game last night because it was not too long and more exciting in the short run - he wanted the players to keep hitting "home runs" and scoring "points". When Matthews hit a ramp shot - he was totally bewildered as to how such a "hit" was even physically possible. Eventually he did start using the right terminology :cheers.

Before this, I used to watch a lot of Test cricket and he used to sit for two minutes and then leave. Now he is interested in playing DBC as well :) I think T20 is general definitely helps bring in new fans and also fans from all demographics.

Lol nobody wants to be KP'ed i guess :p

apart from that who will be picked? ..

Joe Root, Ravi Bopara has been offered in the past, I'm guessing if ALi didn't have a massive beard, wasn't a Muslim and of Pakistani descent, he'd get a call up too. Let's be honest, the level of the IPL cricket, below some of the international stars, is absolutely terrible. All I see is medium pacers with zero swing waddling up to ball to flat track bullies. Heck I'd take Samit Patel over any of them.

please don't insult samit like that

Joe Root, Ravi Bopara has been offered in the past, I'm guessing if ALi didn't have a massive beard, wasn't a Muslim and of Pakistani descent, he'd get a call up too. Let's be honest, the level of the IPL cricket, below some of the international stars, is absolutely terrible. All I see is medium pacers with zero swing waddling up to ball to flat track bullies. Heck I'd take Samit Patel over any of them.

joe root,bopara,moeen ali lol sorry no offence they will at best be a backup bench guys they are hardly match winners in limited overs let alone t20.. but who knows ipl does sponsor bench warmers time to time.

The level of IPL cricket is basically t20 if you can accept that as a form of cricket then iPL is of the same if not higher standards of t20 with sparkling of talent showcase. if you loathe t20 you are not going to like it.

please don't insult samit like that

ya ofcourse when he is better of aiding the national unit whose spinners seem to be bowling nothing but half trackers.

I'm guessing if ALi didn't have a massive beard, wasn't a Muslim and of Pakistani descent, he'd get a call up too

Umm .. what ?

You are funny

Edit: And just in case you are wondering why I find your comment funny and amusing. The third highest wicket taker in this year's IPL fits all of those categories

See I saw this thread as a promising thread where people were understanding each other's point of views and having a decent discussion. However, since War posted that absolutely horrendous article by stating "Caribbean media speaks out", it has gone downhill. I mean that was one pathetic article and I thought this thread can't get any worse. However, that Moeen Ali comment broke all the records and has to be one of the worst comment I have seen on this forum.

Edit: Just on the quality level of IPL, If you had a spinner like Yuzvendra Chahal show up in county cricket, he would be fast tracked into English side within 2 weeks and he'd be playing first test in summer against NZ.

Good point mate it really highlights the downfall of T20 cricket, in general no exemplary cricketing skills are ever on display!

See I saw this thread as a promising thread where people were understanding each other's point of views and having a decent discussion. However, since War posted that absolutely horrendous article by stating "Caribbean media speaks out", it has gone downhill. I mean that was one pathetic article and I thought this thread can't get any worse. However, that Moeen Ali comment broke all the records and has to be one of the worst comment I have seen on this forum.

Edit: Just on the quality level of IPL, If you had a spinner like Yuzvendra Chahal show up in county cricket, he would be fast tracked into English side within 2 weeks and he'd be playing first test in summer against NZ.

Well first time in a long time have seen you post something I agree with that editor is nothing less than a moron!

With regards to the Moeen Ali comment its more than justified since the Paks have been exiled from the IPL over the years for seemingly issues emanating from a religious perspective, Ali is an Englishman but is a devout muslim!

Now that is a clear joke, fast tracked :lol? From county cricket :lol? Maybe if he was from Yorkshire :p.

In all honesty though he doesn't look like the kind of bowler that would be effective in FC cricket anyway and his stats so far represent that.

Users who are viewing this thread