The state of off-spin bowling/suspect actions/doosra bowlers worldwide

Good point mate it really highlights the downfall of T20 cricket, in general no exemplary cricketing skills are ever on display!

I own't say "ever", mainly because we have seen exceptional skills from guys like Ajmal, Gul, Afridi, McCallum, Malinga and a few others at the very highest level of the game but I do agree, with regards to the IPL, it's a swing and hit kinda game. To really bring out true t20 skill you need the pitches, conditions and the very best players. The IPL possibly only has one of those ingredients.

I need to look at some old videos, but from early viewing of watching Narine bowling today - I can't say im noticing much difference in his 3rd remodeled action from the one that was first reported in C-League[DOUBLEPOST=1431020559][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ive never been a fan of the BCCI since they threatened to cancel the SA tour because SA hired Haroon Lorgat as the CEO of CSA.

Yes was a particular shocking case.

Sunil Narine's career is intentionally being ruined by the BCCI. The BCCI wants to dominate world cricket by removing all bowlers who threaten that motive. Other bowlers on BCCI's list include Mitchell Starc, Dale Steyn, and James Anderson. It has also begun injecting banned substances into international cricketers during the IPL so they fail any drugs tests they might take.

BCCI
BCCI
BCCI

Am I doing this right?

Last edited:
Sunil Narine's career is intentionally being ruined by the BCCI. The BCCI wants to dominate world cricket by removing all bowlers who threaten that motive. Other bowlers on BCCI's list include Mitchell Starc, Dale Steyn, and James Anderson. It has also begun injecting banned substances into international cricketers during the IPL so they fail .

BCCI
BCCI
BCCI

Am I doing this right?

Some very high placed "sources" also tell me that BCCI is in bed with a group of extra terrestrial bandits, who will be used to "get rid of" the critics who stand in the way of BCCI and money. Get ready for some high profile cricket related disappearances. You read it here first

I need to look at some old videos, but from early viewing of watching Narine bowling today - I can't say im noticing much difference in his 3rd remodeled action from the one that was first reported in C-League

What? Whenever he bowls his off spinners, his action is different than his old one. However, today he didn't bowl many off spinners but when he did bowl, he bowled differently. Today, KP in Sky sports studio basically said that when Sunil Narine was reported for the second time during this IPL, he was bowling his off spinners with his old action and his speed which has been generally down since he changed his action, went back up.

I look at the rules, and I get it, but then I look at Narine and Ajmal, and those guys are nothing short of magicians with the ball. I don't understand why the angle must be 15 degrees and not 20 degrees.

The point is that in being stringent about the rules, if cricket looses genius, then are the rules really that important and untweakable. They did it once for Murali and if the rules need to be tweaked to keep genius alive in the sport, then the rules must be tweaked. I don't see the sense in the likes of Ajmal and Narine losing their careers just because someone said 15 degrees, thats it.

I look at the rules, and I get it, but then I look at Narine and Ajmal, and those guys are nothing short of magicians with the ball. I don't understand why the angle must be 15 degrees and not 20 degrees.

The point is that in being stringent about the rules, if cricket looses genius, then are the rules really that important and untweakable. They did it once for Murali and if the rules need to be tweaked to keep genius alive in the sport, then the rules must be tweaked. I don't see the sense in the likes of Ajmal and Narine losing their careers just because someone said 15 degrees, thats it.

Believe 15 was chosen because it was the angle at which flex began to appear visibly noticeable in real time. If you suddenly start changing it for example up to 20, every spinner is going to start trying to get closer to gain the benefits it gives. And when bowler start to get borderline on that, why not 30? 50? 90?

And when bowler start to get borderline on that, why not 30? 50? 90?

Well if you think about it, why not? What basic essence of cricket will be lost if a bowler does bend his arm say 80 degrees. Its still a ball, that is going to turn and misbehave, a lot more than usual, perhaps, but then again the batsman has to deal with it.

The rules have been too much in favor of Batsmen off late, anyway, if for once tweaking the rules, gives the bowlers an edge, I am all for it.

Also more than a Batsman vs Bowlers issue, I feel its a question of protecting genius. Thats what Narine and Ajmal are, and if cricket has to tweak the rules just a little bit, which doesn't in anyway affect the basic essence of the sport to begin with, then the rules should be tweaked.

Is abusing the current rules to gain an advantage over others really genius? Ajmal has shown himself to be fairly average on his return so far for starters.

if for once tweaking the rules, gives the bowlers an edge, I am all for it.

It will give more than an edge, especially also right now very few are pushing it cause of the fear of chucking and the guys who do it are the ones who are able to do borderline stuff, if not it will become the easy way out, and we would have endless allrounders as decent part time bowlers will become more accurate n threatening.

two wrongs dont make a thing right, the best way to tilt favor to bowling is good sporting pitches as we saw in the recent WI vs eng test.. it was no minefield but today's batsman are so pampered with flat tracks that they struggle at the sight of a pitch that does a bit. More of those we will have some great games.

Odi's field restriction and two newball is killing it especially spin.

when we can get the balance of bat n ball without altering the art of bowling why go for the other choice.

Last edited:
Sunil Narine is the god of spin bowling

Sunil Narine is the god of spin bowling

article-0-032265970000044D-917_468x621.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread