The state of off-spin bowling/suspect actions/doosra bowlers worldwide

Simon Doull got to be blind if he thinks Narine chucks. But Narine could do himself some favour like Ashwin & start bowling with short-sleeves though. The long sleeve thing carries a stigma.[DOUBLEPOST=1411853954][/DOUBLEPOST]Dolphins v Lions, CLT20, Group A, Bangalore : Mohammad Hafeez reported for suspect action | Cricket News | Champions League Twenty20 | ESPN Cricinfo

Right so all the known chuckers/suspect action bowlers of recent times in international cricket have been officially called now. The crackdown is complete.

Simon Doull got to be blind if he thinks Narine chucks. But Narine could do himself some favour like Ashwin & start bowling with short-sleeves though. The long sleeve thing carries a stigma.

You never know who he was referring to though. He might have referred to Hafeez who also bowls with a full sleeve. His tweet time also suggest that because he tweeted at the time Lahore Lions were playing.

You never know who he was referring to though. He might have referred to Hafeez who also bowls with a full sleeve. His tweet time also suggest that because he tweeted at the time Lahore Lions were playing.

Ye true.

It wasn't Hafeez. I read the tweet and then in response to the tweet he got some stick, from Pak fans saying just leave Pak players alone or something to that effect, and he clarified he was not referring to a Pak player.

Last edited:
This was just brought to my attention, seems like some PAK fans have their in heads in the clouds & up their buts...

A message to the ICC - Isn't it Time that Narine was also tested.

Haha I am familiar with that site. It is as the name says a very passionate site. The fans are passionate to the point of being extreme and bordering on the irrational.

As an Indian fan its fun to visit the site and read some of the posts after an Indian win over them. They blame everything and anything, including the BCCI manipulating the DRS and Hawk Eye (in the World Cup Semi), for their defeats. Its quite fun.

Last edited:
I always felt that the best way to support your team is to assume that they're going to lose, and then be genuinely surprised when they manage to win something. That probably comes from being Scottish, where you grow up with your national football team struggling to beat the Faroe Islands while steamrollering the French twice...

I've not watched Narine bowl a whole lot; but I've always heard him compared to Ashwin. Doesn't that mean that he shouldn't be chucking it, and if he is then its both clearly his fault and something that's easier to fix since the deliveries that he uses can be bowled properly?

^ I think the general norm cannot be first test all bowlers and only then let them bowl. Just because Ajmal has been banned is no reason to take a look at Narine or Ashwin or well whoever.

The norm should be let everyone bowl, and take a closer look only if that bowler gives them a cause to do so. One high profile bowler banned doesn't mean automatically start testing everyone else.

Having said this watching Ajmal bowl is a pleasure, and lets hope he can sort out his issues soon and return.

As an Indian fan its fun to visit the site and read some of the posts after an Indian win over them. They blame everything and anything, including the BCCI manipulating the DRS and Hawk Eye (in the World Cup Semi), for their defeats. Its quite fun.

Haha, I remember that one. Also had a couple of Pakistani friends in Vancouver who claimed that the DRS was rigged and edited on the fly and the video was "photoshop-ed" :P Was quite hilarious

I don't think Narine is helping himself by bowling in long sleeves. I didn't watch the game today so I don't know how weird his action was when he bowled but people have now started to question Ashwin. Ashwin surely has an unusual action but I still don't think he chucks and I am not being biased here. I also have the same opinon about Narine even though his action is much better than Ashwin. Ashwin sometimes also bowls with a slightly different action in T20 than what he does in tests.

Users who are viewing this thread