Story The Tasmanian Green to the Baggy Green? [UPDATED!! - Greetings from Warwickshire!]

Seeing Hooper's name brought a tear to my eye :p

Great start for you guys. Maybe you should get the stumps/TV Overlays etc? This has so much potential I haven't been this excited about a story in a long time. Really hope you can keep this up :thumbs

Great work mat. Loving this story, still haven't read my name yet tho :p

Kiu bro, this is quality

banner-3.jpg

Chapter 3: vs WA ING cup

As Hooper ran towards us, I couldn't help but notice the alarming lack of chest hair, but I noticed the Western Australian batsmen were looking a little bit more south then that. Though we soon noticed the dangerous item in his hand....

"HE'S GOT A FRIDGE!!!!!"

"OH MY GOD IT'S ON FIRE!!"

"SAVE THE BEER! SAVE THE FECKING BEER!!"

We were all worried about this crazy guy with a burning fridge, but Bevan could only care about the beer. Hooper was wearing oven mits so he wouldn't get burned. They were flower ones with a face on it and "Tea Baker" written all over it. Just when Dr Pepper was about to tackle Hooper, Hooper threw the fridge with all his might right at our keeper Dawson. I couldn't believe it, there was a flying fridge (;)) on fire in my debut match. Wow. Dawson managed to avoid it and the fire-fighters came on to put the fire out as Dr Pepper tackled Hooper to the ground.

We were all relieved and happy to let Dr Pepper do his thing with the naked Hooper... :eek:. Back to the game, we continued our domination on Western Australia as Hussey and Goodwin were feeling the heat as the chances kept rolling in. Goodwin had one lucky break when he went to sweep a ball off Downton and it only managed to hit his glove and go straight up, but unfortunately went straight over the head of Dawson' (our keeper). Then Hussey went to clip a ball off his legs and it was in the air for a while and landed short of square leg. It was very annoying.

thechanceskeptcomingcopy.png

With all these chances, it was extremely annoying when we finally did get a genuine wicket, only for the umpire to be a prick and give it not out. That was twice the umpire screwed us over and we weren't happy. As soon as Goodwin nicked it and Dawson caught it we were all celebrating the wicket and going nuts as we thought we had our 4th wicket. When we saw the umpire gave it not out we were filthy. How could he miss that one? The LBW appeal was plumb but it might have gone down leg side... If the batsmen was 20 metres away from the stumps. Anyway this was certain, the inside edge was huge.

"Your kidding me!! How on earth could that be not out!!"

We decided to stop Coxxy before he got in trouble, as we did have the upper hand in the match but still that was annoying. It could have practically put the match to an end all-ready.

catchistakencopy.png

We still had Western Australia in the stranglehold as they were 3/48 after 16 overs. They were going at exactly 3 an over and were looking at getting only 150. They are already 3 wickets down though and 2 more quick wickets should restrict them to under 180 so we are looking good at the moment.

warunratepreicitioncopy.png

Western Australia 3/48 off 16 overs
M Hussey 5* (6)
M Goodwin 10* (35)
Marsh 22 (39)

Downton 4 overs 1/9
Kremerskothen 3 overs 1/6
Wright 5 overs 1/17

Last edited:
Western Australia in trouble they are playing really slowly need to up the run rate and some hitting needed from Husey and Goodwin. Lolz loved the Hooper and Dr Pepper incident..Umpires are drunk maybe..thats why all wrong decisions are been given.

Great presentation Matt.KIU :clap

Brilliant writing mate, loving this story so far. The incident with Hooper at the beginning was quality and then you resumed to normal play and kept up the same standard. On to the match and you were unlucky not to get that wicket, although with all the criticsm to the umpire, I think he might start doing it on purpose to spite you. :p

Hooper should have lobbed the fridge at the umpire lol.

Well everything is entertaining in this match. Not only during play but off play with Hooper and Dr Pepper haha, quality.

Bad luck on not picking up the wicket, dunno what the umps were thinking then.
Good work mate, loving it

VODKA!!!!!! It was vodka not beer, and not any old vodka, but smirnoff. It died!!!!!!!!! I just need a moment..........:crying

........better now :) Anyway, WA are going way too slow here. What patch are you using?

VODKA!!!!!! It was vodka not beer, and not any old vodka, but smirnoff. It died!!!!!!!!! I just need a moment..........:crying

........better now :) Anyway, WA are going way too slow here. What patch are you using?

Sorry about that Tom :p

I'm using Tutsi's patch. They've hit a few boundaries, I'm just so pro at bowling ;)

That's why. Tutsi's is crap to bowl with. Use his stroke files with Doctor pro's AI patch for when you are bowling. Will make them a lot more agressive :D

banner-3.jpg

Chapter 3: vs WA ING CUP
Western Australia were under a bit of trouble with the score at 3/48 off 16 overs. Goodwin was batting like a snail and Hussey was new at the crease so we were looking good. With Downton and Kremerskothen operating at the 2 ends things were very tidy. Goodwin was struggling to get some runs and Hussey was just settling in. Kremerskothen and Downton both had taken a wicket and were tidy, but as they bowled a few more over's Hussey started getting into the groove. His strike rate pushed above 100 and Cox decided to make some changes. Griffith came on for his second spell, but Hussey kept scoring freely. He was looking good and was slowly picking the run rate up. Goodwin was still going very slow though but he has set himself up and will probably go nuts any over. His confidence was high and will probably go aerial soon which was a problem for us. As these two batsmen started getting into the groove we were a little on edge.

hussandgoodwinstartingtogogoodcopy.png

With the pressure on, it was my time to shine. Yep, that's right, Coxxy sent me the message to warm up! Looks like I would be bowling the next over! :D I was pumped but so nervous. What is I get attacked and hit for 6? No! I had to get those thoughts out of my head. I didn't know what to think, so I concentrated on my stretching. Griffith's over seemed to take 10 seconds, and soon another Coxxy threw me the ball.

"Good luck son, I have full confidence in you."

"Cheers, skip. Whats the plan?"

"Alrighty, well try lower Husseys strike rate. Feel free to let Goodwin and Huss pick the singles, just try to minimize the boundaries. There will be gaps down straight, deep point and square leg for them to get singles, but you have protection at short 3rd man so you can bowl out wide and not have to worry about them just using the spin... Not that you have a lot :D

"Oh yeah, on this flat pitch I'll probably only be able to spin it a little more then Warne :( :p"

"Haha, good luck mate :)"

"Cheers skip, I'll do my best."

So it was time. My first ball in domestic cricket. I was bowling to Hussey so I would need to be tight..

myfirstballcopy.png

It was a full ball, and didn't really spin as much as I hoped, I guess I got excited about my first ball and forgot I'm not much of a spinner :p Huss hit it straight down the ground but Bevan fielded it. I was happy to keep Hussey to a dot, which I'm not sure had happened much. His strike rate was just above 100 at that time. I finished my first over going for 3 runs and I was quite please. I didn't bowl to bad, but didn't find much spin out of the pitch. Wright and I operated for a few overs, with Griffith coming off after a 3 over spell and figures of 0-30 off 7. Hussey started going after him and he went for a fair bit of runs in his 3 overs.

After 29 overs, the partnership had hit 50 and Western Australia had scored over 100 runs. I had the decent figures of 5 overs 0-16. Dan Marsh came on to replace Griffith and got hit for 5 off his first over. Western Australia are still going very slow and are unlikely to make any more than 250 despite this partnership going well. 3/108 after 29 overs and WA going at 3.7 runs an over they were going too slow, but they had kept wickets in hand which might not make too much of a difference at the end if they keep this up. Goodwin has been batting like a snail so we need to keep him bogged down.

Western Australia 3/108 off 29 overs.
Hussey 39* (40)
Goodwin 31* (79)
Marsh 22 (39)

Kremerskothen 5 overs 1-17
Wright 5 overs 1-17
Downton 6 overs 1-18.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread