This is it - Ashes Cricket (Beta Feedback)

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Going through the thread and what phenomenal improvement we see in Ashes Cricket from DBC14 (the last BigAnt Cricket game I played). In all honesty, the gameplay does look massively improved and while I understand some members here still trying to extract answers on how close to real-life it has become, we ought to realize that copying real life gameplay has taken both Fifa and PES franchises in Football genre of cricket gaming at least a decade or so. While with BigAnt, we've got a massive improvement in the form of Ashes Cricket (haven't played it, only judging by the videos posted here) in a matter of just 5 years since their first launched cricket game.

For me, player likeliness is a hallmark of a good sports game or how am I supposed to get myself involved in a game where Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli look the same? This is hwere Ashes Cricket wins it for me - even if the gameplay was a slight improvement on Don Bradman 14 (which it isn't, it's a great improvement), I'd have still lauded BigAnt for the time they've invested in this one. Further, never before have we seen a game replicate international cricketer's style so closely - Steve Smith for instance, Maxwell as well. It simply isn't fair to criticize sometimes just for the sake of it, we should realize that from the timespan of 2007-2014, we had no cricket game coming to markets and now that we've, we need to constructively criticize, not give out wishlists that we too somewhere know will take sometime to translate into cricket gaming.

The bowling actions seem smooth. I'm someone who looks how difficult it is to play pace vs spin, how easy is it to play spin on Australian tracks as opposed to Indian tracks - and these are the parameters on which I judge the game. Not to say that it's easy to achieve. But bowling actions compared from DBC14 to Ashes Cricket, to me there's a great leap here and that's good to note - it's the first step to having a BigAnt cricket game with 100% unique actions but the first step itself cannot be the one that's perfect, that's all we need to note while criticizing.

Saying which, the beta looks massively impressive - kudos BigAnt, looking forward to this one.

Danial Hamdani

School Cricketer
Yeah, and it was an authentic forward defensive prod onto pad!
thanks for your efforts, your videos have really done wonders for the promotion of this game, rightly deserved though, can we expect more game play videos from you soon ?

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
Yeah, and it was an authentic forward defensive prod onto pad!

How are edges from spinners generally? I always found them a bit odd in DBC'17, for example if you bowled an off-break to a right-hander you'd usually be more likely to get an outside edge whereas if you bowled a doosra it would get the inside, pretty much the opposite of what you would expect. Also has anyone had a bowled through the gate from a defensive shot with a spinner?

Another one: Are keepers still taking edges that go to 2nd slip off the spinners? :p

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
that's grkrama's, posted without credit, and trying to get subscribes to his own channel. he's added nothing and it's just a grab for views and subscribes: it's not really on.
Oh... I was referring to his earlier video. Just noticed its grkrama's, definitely not on in that case...[DOUBLEPOST=1509954538][/DOUBLEPOST]Off-Topic: Blocker (@blockerdave ), high time you update your signature warning, as Ashes Cricket is nearly officially here...

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
that's grkrama's, posted without credit, and trying to get subscribes to his own channel. he's added nothing and it's just a grab for views and subscribes: it's not really on.
I hope it was not intentional he might have forgot to add credits ! @AnmolJ kindly edit the video credits if possible... thanks!

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
Only really acceptable if you ask for permission and actually provide something to the video, not just a simple copy/paste job.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Only really acceptable if you ask for permission and actually provide something to the video, not just a simple copy/paste job.

exactly. even crediting it isn't good enough really, no added value.

twistie's commentary on BA's latest vid is a good example: giving his perspective and highlighting things he noticed - that's doing it right.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Do they fielders use their dominant hand to throw? Or just its that they throw using either of their hands? Because its kinda Odd and its been existing in the past 2 games.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Can some one kindly clarify on the tailenders shot animation here , this and the separate swing/seam attributes are the only question mark for me as far as the gameplay is concerned.

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@WealeyH @blockerdave @grkrama

What is the most surprising and interesting addition in career mode you guys noticed?

Which you feel truly as an X factor of career mode?

Stats are like DBC 14 is highly positive :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread