TENNIS Tiebreak - Official ATP & WTA game

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Yep I am done with it until there are some updates .I have too many games and not enough time lol.
Apparently a patch is due out soon according to a reply made on the Steam discussion. Maybe they’ll go back to their past days of Friday patches

Nard2020

Club Captain
I've found it feels worse than before, despite all the changes. The AI makes even more mistakes, there is appears to be no volley animation at all when coming to the net.
The AI making mistakes is good- and was heavily requested. For me it’s impossible to be worse, because nothing could be worse than the movement they had before this patch. It made the game nearly unplayable due to the auto pull forward on baseline shots.

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant
I've found it feels worse than before, despite all the changes. The AI makes even more mistakes, there is appears to be no volley animation at all when coming to the net.
What feels worse? We need more info on the specifics, it's fine to be like ok game is bad but what are you not liking? We can't make things better if you don't elaborate on what feels bad.

AI rarely makes a mistake, often points will end via a frequent unforced error by the player.
This was the comment left on your steam review so I'm not sure what kind of balance you want to have. But I would love to here what you have to say.

Last edited:

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Had a play last night with the new patch.Some points and suggestions in no particular order.
Tried with both run assist and without could hardly get anything over the net when no run assist.It might be me but the game seems to be edging towards simulation rather than pick up and play i think you need a balance so i would adjust it on very easy to not be so harsh for the flat shot or make an optional marker that indicates the ideal time to hit the ball.
Also i don't know if this is a bug or deliberate but previously when facing serve i would press the B button as he served to get max power on the return now if you do that the player just doesn't move at all.To me and i acknowledge that i am a weaker player the game seems harder than before.Also i would make on option to use the buttons for the different serves.Its just more intuitive than having to cycle through them with the trigger.Not sure about the grunting thought it was for a foul serve some of the time.Maybe one day i will be able to hit it to the other side of the player or hit a volley that doesn't go into the net.30 unforced errors and 30 winners is not uncommon but an ugly group of stats and cpu has one winner.

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Further to the above there seems to be a bug on easiest if you serve from the edge of the court it will always be an ace the cpu player just doesn't move.This led me to try that serve in expert mode and wow its like a completely different game to easy mode firstly my shots rarely now find the net and cpu makes more unforced errors than me .I can play a competitive game on that setting with a variety of shots.There is a bug though the cpu always seems to hit the net when it comes Forward to play still its a revelation almost like a completely different game .

saturator

Club Cricketer
Hi folks

I have tested the new patch for TieBreak.

I think the game goes to the right direction but there are al lot of corrections to add toi enhanced the gameplay

- Now, AI always serves in the opposite corner, it's make the game predictable and too easy to return the service.
- Before the patch, AI often played the next shot on the same corner than our player. Now it's often left to right, etc... It's make the game not enough surprising to play, even on expert difficulty.
-I like the serve variety for our player but I haven't made only one ace in 20 hours, AI is always able to return it, even when I served a craker on the line at 240 km/h. It 's not realistic.
- The animations are better than itsTWT2 or AO Tennis 2, but some forehands are stranged and have not enought details in the animations.
- When you play at the net, the mouvements are the same than on the baseline : I have never seen a player to make a volley with two hands. Please fixed it please.
-Hawk eye is not in the game and I love used this now since AO tennis 2.
- Stamina is not on the game too and it's really important for career mode.

In my 20 hours of gameplay, I have a lot of fun but some animations are killing this feeling sometimes.
You have added some new clothes, very nice addition, thank you.

I really appreciate this game for now even if it needs a lots of work on animations and AI.

I'm a offline player so AI has to be nice to see some real clear level difference between all the player.

Some examples of my matches with differents difficulties :

Kyrgios vs Medvedev Shanghai Hard

Murray vs Medvedev Beijing Medium

Kyrgios vs De Minaur Paris Bercy Expert

Murray vs Medvedev Roma Expert

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Game is ok if a little boring now almost impossible to win a point quickly just endless rallys until you can draw the cpu in where he will either hit the net or go long.Very hard to win a point and i am playing on easy level.Its becoming a grind like most of the other tennis games out there and what is with the shot where the ball just dies on the court.Still overall going in the right direction.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
Game is ok if a little boring now almost impossible to win a point quickly just endless rallys until you can draw the cpu in where he will either hit the net or go long.Very hard to win a point and i am playing on easy level.Its becoming a grind like most of the other tennis games out there and what is with the shot where the ball just dies on the court.Still overall going in the right direction.
Even on expert, the points always end the same way. Either you get stuck in an awkward animation and can’t get to the ball or the AI hits the net or goes very long out of the court.

That instance of the ball just dying off the racquet was in AO Tennis as well.

saturator

Club Cricketer
For now, the big problem of this game is the AI, who made non stop left to right rallies.
The animations since the last patch are better, less teletransportation but the volley is another big problem.
The animations on TWT2 when you go to net were not perfect but better than TieBreak

I have made some videos, recorded on my laptop with a 3070ti, to have a better quality than on my Rog Ally. The game runs at 240 fps on it so the videos at 50/60 fps looked sometime strange

Kyrios Vs De Minaur Monte Carlo on Expert difficulty

Kostyuk Vs Zhang Paris Bercy on Expert difficulty

Medvedev Vs Fritz Clay Hard difficulty

Osaka Vs Sakkari Madrid Hard difficulty

Last edited:

Nard2020

Club Captain

Users who are viewing this thread