TITLE Suggestion for BIG ANT CRICKET !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But David Warner is a "hit or miss" sort of a cricketer and not guaranteed to make it into the team for any length of time. You wouldn't want title of your long running franchise (cricket video game in this case) to be tied to such a player.

I don't think it's a pre-requisite to have the title named after a current player. As an example look at one of the most successful franchise in video sports gaming - Madden. John Madden coached football (NFL) in 70s and was a successful commentator and the franchise still carries his name. We may have Richie Benaud, Don Bradman, Mike Hussey, Steve Waugh, Adam Gilchrist etc. who can be the face of the franchise.

Fair enough. Problem is if the casual gamer (most likely a kid/teen as they are a major market) rolls up to the stand and sees a name like 'Richie Benaud Cricket 2014' they may not know who he is. All in due time?

So perhaps Tom Waterhouse Cricket 14 would be more apt - all the kids know who he is by now.

I don't think Cricket has its Madden equivalent - especially as you'd need a globally recognised face, while Benaud is more or less just known in Australia. That's fine for in the commentary for the game, but on the box you need someone a bit more global.

So perhaps Tom Waterhouse Cricket 14 would be more apt - all the kids know who he is by now.

I don't think Cricket has its Madden equivalent - especially as you'd need a globally recognised face, while Benaud is more or less just known in Australia. That's fine for in the commentary for the game, but on the box you need someone a bit more global.

"Victoria Beckhams World of Cricket and Underwear 14"??

I reckon it will be Ricky Ponting. Massive reputation that won't be damaged but he's still playing and getting publicity.

Has AC2013 got the ICC license? Conspiracy time. Ross has done the ?????? ??????'s Cricket 2014 to trip us up, and the name is in fact ICC Cricket 2014 :spy

If either of them had it they would have released for the Champions Trophy.

I'm sure there'll be a game for the 2015 World Cup.

If either of them had it they would have released for the Champions Trophy.

I'm sure there'll be a game for the 2015 World Cup.

That's a pretty decent shout. A 2 year gap would be about right, and seeing as the World Cup is in aus I could see that being a huge possibility. Even if they didn't have the licence for the world cup, everyone would have cricket fever and be up for a new game.

Personally i hate the idea of a new cricket game every year. The improvemenrs will be bare minimum in sich cases. I would like the 2 years gap also.

T...and seeing as the World Cup is in aus I could see that being a huge possibility.

I imagine... Ross would be meeting with the relevant folks about a week after his title releases this year to have discussions about licenses and ICC rights to release a new version for the World Cup. If only Ross knew someone that worked next door to the ICC Head Office...

EDIT:

Also...

http://cricket14.com/

Well played.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread