TITLE Suggestion for BIG ANT CRICKET !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Shane Warne and Ricky Ponting were title players for Codemasters while EA had the ACB licence, so I don't think you can rule out players in the current squad.

Brian Lara was really a great player to have on the cover of previous games, there's very few players in the game now that command that level of respect from the fans from all the other teams - and if they want to make a series out of it, you want someone who is at that level but still has years ahead of them in the game.

If you want to build the franchise, you'd need to do it with a player who isn't just about to retire.

I fear that my bit of sledging fell on deaf ears!:p

----------

Having sent my sledge to the third umpire i realise where it went wrong as it should have read....

.....I guess the title is based on a player who doesn't really come into consideration for the present Aussie squad... Which rules in the present Aussie squad..... (:facepalm)

The biggest names in cricket for me at the mo are Dhoni and Gayle, I'd be happy with either of those players, both amazing cricketers and I think respected by everyone. Although might be expensive for their license.

The biggest names in cricket for me at the mo are Dhoni and Gayle, I'd be happy with either of those players, both amazing cricketers and I think respected by everyone. Although might be expensive for their license.

Don's license is free

Any of the top Indian cricketers would be too expensive and Gayle might be a better option for a T20 based title. Somebody like Cook, Clarke or AB De Villiers would be a decent option.

Any of the top Indian cricketers would be too expensive and Gayle might be a better option for a T20 based title. Somebody like Cook, Clarke or AB De Villiers would be a decent option.

Cook and Clarke are on the Ashes Cricket cover, that rules them out.

A fine player though he is, AB De Villiers does not have a name that works so well around the globe.

Its not gonna be any name that any previous cricket title used. So shane warne, lara, ponting, yuvraj etc are out. Using their names will confuse customers and they will think this is a sequel by the previous developers. That is not something BA would want given the sorry state of many of those games.

I have a feeling that it might be Adam Gilchrist's Cricket 14 :yes

I read somewhere BigAnt Studio's Cricket 2014, which I thought was a good shout but due to the fact that the name reveals more about the game I doubt this will be the case. If it is Australian then the only two Australians who would really affect sales would be David Warner and Michael Clarke. Michael Clarke is on the cover of AC2013 so my bet is David Warner's Cricket 2014.

I read somewhere BigAnt Studio's Cricket 2014, which I thought was a good shout but due to the fact that the name reveals more about the game I doubt this will be the case. If it is Australian then the only two Australians who would really affect sales would be David Warner and Michael Clarke. Michael Clarke is on the cover of AC2013 so my bet is David Warner's Cricket 2014.

But David Warner is a "hit or miss" sort of a cricketer and not guaranteed to make it into the team for any length of time. You wouldn't want title of your long running franchise (cricket video game in this case) to be tied to such a player.

I don't think it's a pre-requisite to have the title named after a current player. As an example look at one of the most successful franchise in video sports gaming - Madden. John Madden coached football (NFL) in 70s and was a successful commentator and the franchise still carries his name. We may have Richie Benaud, Don Bradman, Mike Hussey, Steve Waugh, Adam Gilchrist etc. who can be the face of the franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread