To what degree were you impressed by what you saw in the play session?

• Very impressed

Votes: 50 23.5%
  • Impressed

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Somewhat impressed

Votes: 42 19.7%
  • On the fence

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • Not impressed

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Martyn

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kasabian21

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned

It'd be interesting to get a general consensus.

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'll reserve my judgement until all the videos are posted so we can get a well rounded opinion based on all the evidence. There were lots of good points in what I've seen so far, but you cannot ignore the bugs that really distracted from a good opinion to being formed. Hopefully only a few more hours to go.. (I need to kick that Twisty's twitter to wake him up I think).

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
I wasn't at the play session so I'm not going to "rate" phone-captured videos at a play session... But I enjoyed everything I saw, Matt did an incredible job and there's loads of good stuff to digest in that thread. Any "rating" or "judgement" is best saved until the game is released, being played by people who have had plenty of hands-on time to get a grasp of the game and experience it over a long duration in the comfort of their own home.

mattk

Associate Cricketer
I loved what I saw in the videos. But the only people voting should be the ones there at the play session

kasabian21

International Coach
I loved what I saw in the videos. But the only people voting should be the ones there at the play session

I appreciate your point, but I would like everyone to vote so we can see what people thought of what they saw. Yes, a full and proper judgement cannot be made, but initial thoughts would be good as everyone will have judged what they saw in one way or another.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Quite impressed. It was really unfortunate that we saw a buggy build but I saw plenty of really good things. No substitute for having it in my hands though.

kasabian21

International Coach
Ross has just confirmed that two out of the three machines had old builds so that may or may not influence people's judgement.

----------

Whoever changed that final option, masterfully played.

Hahahaha!!! I wish I could take the credit.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Just posted this quoted one in other thread, looks like this is more appropriate thread, re-posting it.

Just finished viewing all the videos posted in another sticky thread, my way of feel looking at those videos :

1) That 20 minute career mode video was my favorite of all. This mode has taken the cricket game to the next level really. Especially, ability to simulate till you get into the real picture was making the video itself, to feel like you are in actual picture of it.

Very well done from initial impression :clap, just hoping that equation of dropping back to domestic circuits & getting back to INTL circuits go hand in hand during the contract periods. I really would prefer me being dropped for consecutive low performances from higher level, to play domestic matches than the game sim-ing my calendar of INTL contract for years without place in team XI which would just consume the age and contract period without any benefits.

2) Both the DRS videos were top class. No words to explain those.

3) Like the ball pass factor, as in - if the throw is coming from boundary ropes and it is falling short near the fielder in inner circle, they pick and pass it towards stumps. This is a great innovative factor, but just believe that it would be only for players with less skilled in throwing accuracy and not for all the players in boundary.

3) Matt's running the batsmen out at other end, in a way is plus point. As in, it is way far better in not having the bowler just to pick up the ball and go back to the bowling crease like other games. Obviously it has happened multiple times in real cricket as well, Sachin Tendulkar's classy straight drives running out Sourav or Dravid! ;)

4) Crowd! Just Wow, like everyone has mentioned. Top class stuff especially when someone claps/cheers. This is similar in MLB the show as well.

5) At end of play in career mode, camera switches to helmet while walking back to dressing room. Very minor thing, but really top class display of innovation there. :clap

6) Personally liked the left arm spinner action, though there are many experts here talking so many details on arm actions. I don't know all those details, but personally I liked the arm action in game video.

Areas of Opportunities from video/information shared that I feel from my personal view of it,

1) List of stadiums, though looks like its not certainly known at this point considering unlockables and stuffs. I would prefer to have the stadiums of different size across the cricket nations which would really compliment the career mode. If number of stadiums is limited in this version, I would personally prefer to have that as first area of focus in next version( whenever it comes :p ) than spending time on commentary. :)

2) Some animations look to have too much team spirit within the players, like about to collide with each other. :p I believe, the system just focus on the ball location asking the players in game to go aiming at the ball alone? Not sure, but it is really a minor thing and not impacting at all. We still love it!

Overall view of mine from initial shared videos/information : I am so excited to buy this. Hats off to Ross & co for the efforts initiated to make the games to take us to next level. :clap

This game is definitely going to bring bad reputation of me in my work place, I am already seeing the signs of being addictive. ;)

----------

I like the poll's last option by the way. :D

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I said quite impressed as like Barmy said we saw a old build but after today will be the final test. I know Ross has beaten himself up about the mistakes made yesterday but most of us are not Martyn and will not judge to harshly till we see more.:clap

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Let it also be known I loved the bobbleheads... hilariously good fun.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Let it also be known I loved the bobbleheads... hilariously good fun.

I think the good thing about bobbleheads is that it allows you to see players faces a lot clearer in games. That would be a plus for me, being able to see myself in the game without having to zoom in on a replay. Heck, it doesn't even matter that much, it is there for fun.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Yeah, it's just something different and fun and it LOOKED fun during the play session... Which is what cricket is all about for me; FUN. Be a neat mode to play with friends around at home I reckon... between that and maybe a "beach" type stadium (hint hint) would be a really fun mode to have in future or DLC options for the game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Shouldn't "quite impressed" be higher than "impressed" in the list?

kasabian21

International Coach
Shouldn't "quite impressed" be higher than "impressed" in the list?

I sort of see what you're saying, but if two people came to me and one said they were impressed by something and the other that they were quite impressed, i'd take that as the latter being less impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread