To what degree were you impressed by what you saw in the play session?

To what degree were you impressed by what you saw in the play session?

• Very impressed

Votes: 50 23.5%
  • Impressed

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Somewhat impressed

Votes: 42 19.7%
  • On the fence

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • Not impressed

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Martyn

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the fence I saw. I was hoping for a more fluid experience (I saw all the videos put on youtube)

The one showing the spin bowling, was just far off from anything close to real life life. Just the ball, the flight, how the batsman was playing, too far away.

Some of the medium / fast bowlers videos were decent, but the game looks more like how I saw the cricket videos from the 1940s than from 2013.

So still on the fence, cant rally make a call before playing the game

I was at the playsession, i could of played it all day

Seriously career mode will rock!!

Awesome videos ! Jus wanted to confirm about toss scene ? Do we hve to toss scene in during gameplay

Awesome videos ! Jus wanted to confirm about toss scene ? Do we hve to toss scene in during gameplay

Yes, you can see that in Twistie's video.

Even in toss, not sure whether its only me, noticed a minor innovation - game prompts you heads/tails only after the coin is tossed. Not a big one to be noticed, but idea of keeping it realistic has been given first preference is what I am seeing from different videos without any doubts.

Do share your in depth review of the event and your detailed first impressions.

Looks really impressive, but the ball speed when bowling look faaar too slow, especially when the spin video came up. Still hate that comet.

Looks really impressive, but the ball speed when bowling look faaar too slow, especially when the spin video came up. Still hate that comet.
Watch the AI bowling in the second career mode video at about 4 minutes in - the slowness is simply down to how we were controlling it trying to learn the spin controls.

You do not notice the comet while playing.

Actually was eager to see your review as you were having multiple plans to be explored in that career thread. ;) though Matt's 20 mins video was impressive, would like to know whether were you able to bowl as career bowler?

Do you start career mode as a 16 year old first choice player in a county/state side?

Do you start career mode as a 16 year old first choice player in a county/state side?
Yes.

I suppose it's unrealistic and including something like the futures league as a step below that would have been great - but the amount of teams you would need to include in the game for that would have been huge, so for a first go at a cricket career mode, I'm okay with it.

Certainly for the county teams there are enough payers in each squad to comfortably accommodate a 2nd XI. More complicated in Aus due to age limit on futures league I assume?

Everyone on this forum is probably gonna buy it regardless of what kinda impressions it made at the event. Cricket fans have starved for a proper cricketing game for a long time, don't think they can take it anymore...

----------

There will probably an be an on/off switch for the comet

I read there wasn't, but if there was a call for it they may add it in a patch. I think it would be a good option to have.

Users who are viewing this thread