To what degree were you impressed by what you saw in the play session?

To what degree were you impressed by what you saw in the play session?

• Very impressed

Votes: 50 23.5%
  • Impressed

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Somewhat impressed

Votes: 42 19.7%
  • On the fence

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • Not impressed

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Martyn

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im really impressed and can't wait till i get my hands on it, I can live with the few bugs i saw, i say release game now patch it later. :)

Not quite, it's surely not gonna live up to the hype. The animations weren't so impressive, bugs seemed to be all around even though it's difficult to judge from videos but in the scoop shot video, ball obviously never made proper contact with the bat and in one of the fielding footage, fielder's movements were so lame as if he's retar* or something... Throwing is exactly the same as it was in previous cricket games, regardless of where the fielder's head is, he'll throw right at the wicket, wouldn't take time to adjust his position or anything. Ball's physics looked awful when it'd bounce on the grass... I guess there's a lot of work to be done before the release, it doesn't seem to be fully ready by a long shot.

Are you aware that the videos you watched are from an old build of the game?

it doesn't seem to be fully ready by a long shot.

That is because, as explained (especially in the second post of this thread/poll) the video captured at the game play event shown so far is of a old build of the game.

I really think this thread is bad timed as some of the responses, as it seems, are going to be based off people's thoughts of the 'wrong' footage.

No offence MattW.. you were not to know and can't be blamed.

I hope the older build is different from the build shipped.
If you look at the scoop shot video look carefully when the bowler is releasing the ball. Then in the general gameplay one where the fielder misses the ball just look at the throwing. The career mode was something I really liked. Otherwise it was great. Can't wait for the game if the older build is different from the build shipped.

I have watched some of the videos but not all of them. I am still excited about the game. I really like the look of career mode.

I did notice a couple of bugs like that edge and players running into each other. It is a bit disappointing that it was not the final version. Ross stated earlier in the year that it will be the final version. So that is a bit disappointing.

Different things are important to different people. Some people want to see a real life bowling action while others want to see players looking like the ones in the real world. To me the most important thing is gameplay and the AI. I don't want to be able to score at 20 runs an over in Test cricket and the AI must not be exploitable. So if you keep hitting in one place the AI must place a fielder there.

From what I saw I am quite happy keeping in mind that this is Big Ant's first cricket game. Even if there are a few bugs, I have gotten the idea that there will be improvements from Big Ant's side even after release. I am definitely going to get this game and I do hope Big Ant continues to make cricket games in future.

There is nothing quite like playing Test cricket for the whole weekend.... Cant wait.

Footwork wasn't an issue in the videos released by bigant because they have better practice of using the LS, so weird footwork in playsession videos goes to the lack of practice.

That is because, as explained (especially in the second post of this thread/poll) the video captured at the game play event shown so far is of a old build of the game.

I really think this thread is bad timed as some of the responses, as it seems, are going to be based off people's thoughts of the 'wrong' footage.

No offence MattW.. you were not to know and can't be blamed.

I am glad to hear that. Still keeping my hopes high!.

Game looks solid. Hardcore mode without comet please :D

Same here ...will definetly buy it...

Everyone on this forum is probably gonna buy it regardless of what kinda impressions it made at the event. Cricket fans have starved for a proper cricketing game for a long time, don't think they can take it anymore...

----------

Game looks solid. Hardcore mode without comet please :D

There will probably an be an on/off switch for the comet

quite impressive, whatever I get to see from these videos, btw thanks for posting the whole lot of videos captured. Would had been fantastic if commentary team had few more voices in it but that's 3rd important thing in cricket game for me..so for game play its 8/10, for graphics its 8/10, for mode its 9/10, for drs/third umpire its 8/10 and for commentary its 6/10. Overall its impressive thanks Ross thanks Planetcricket thanks Big Ant !
time for preorder ???

Users who are viewing this thread