To what degree were you impressed by what you saw in the play session?

To what degree were you impressed by what you saw in the play session?

• Very impressed

Votes: 50 23.5%
  • Impressed

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Somewhat impressed

Votes: 42 19.7%
  • On the fence

Votes: 27 12.7%
  • Not impressed

Votes: 12 5.6%
  • Martyn

Votes: 6 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cricketrulz

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great sports games don't just pop out of a hat in just one fine day. Capturing a real life sport into an interactive simulation is one heck of a difficult task. A game like cricket which is so complex and diverse is almost impossible to replicate in a VG. DB 14 is simply amazing. I will say that again A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. :cheers
Ross deserves all the credit he is getting.
DB 14 has a few bugs....which can & will be fixed. Name a game that doesn't. Even Fifa 14 have some. So no need to panic. Even if the final product have a few bugs its still miles ahead of any Cricket VG we have ever seen.
Good Luck Ross.

blunt_boy92

International Cricketer
well the quality this game carries is clearly not personified in those low quality videos i hope Big ant soon put up some HQ previews to judge though to me i judged the quality alot in the spin preview video :thumbs

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The batsman stance needs to be tweaked, he should look down and tap bat more often while facing.

D

Dutch

What I love about the video above is that the guys playing are seriously talking about whether the batsmen hit the ball or not....all the rest was all in place so they were talking about being immersed in the game. Speaks a thousand pictures.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Exactly. It's something I said in the other thread, the reactions from everyone at the session is so genuine "did he hit that?" "oooh... close" and you can't fake those sorts of reactions. Sounded like they were watching a GAME happening... that's the kinda stuff I take away as a massive positive.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What I love about the video above is that the guys playing are seriously talking about whether the batsmen hit the ball or not....all the rest was all in place so they were talking about being immersed in the game. Speaks a thousand pictures.

yeah. it was a great video actually. it's unfortunate i'll usually be playing this alone so won't get that sort of "banter" experience.

LEFF

Club Captain
I am so impressed with the bowling actions in DBC14... As a leg spinner myself, thank the good lord the actions represents a TRUE Leggy Woooohooo!!!

One thing I had really hoped for is a few different actions like in RPC 2005 I.e Imran Khan had a slingy action (much like Malinga) and Brett Lee had more over arm type action.

Whilst it wasn't the best game... That aspect provided 'enough' difference to keep me playing... I'm not saying it will impact my love for DBC14 as I'm sold on it even before playing it... But that is one thing that really stood out for me :)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
I am so impressed with the bowling actions in DBC14... As a leg spinner myself, thank the good lord the actions represents a TRUE Leggy Woooohooo!!!

One thing I had really hoped for is a few different actions like in RPC 2005 I.e Imran Khan had a slingy action (much like Malinga) and Brett Lee had more over arm type action.

Whilst it wasn't the best game... That aspect provided 'enough' difference to keep me playing... I'm not saying it will impact my love for DBC14 as I'm sold on it even before playing it... But that is one thing that really stood out for me :)

I really like the leg spinners action, too. It reminds me a bit of Warne's actions, similar to RPIC05. I see what you mean about the actions from that game. It was probably one of the best aspects of it. It was a fun game to play. I still play it occasionally but that game for me is best played against a mate.

LEFF

Club Captain
I really like the leg spinners action, too. It reminds me a bit of Warne's actions, similar to RPIC05. I see what you mean about the actions from that game. It was probably one of the best aspects of it. It was a fun game to play. I still play it occasionally but that game for me is best played against a mate.

Agreed! You know I owned SWC 99 (as 99% of us on here did) .. It just felt solid regardless of the fact as a pace bowler you didn't have too much to play with... Edges flew to the keeper and slips etc etc... Batsmanship shots seemed quite strong...

I think that's why I am just busting at the seems to get my hand on DBC title.. It just looks solid.. That is the foundations to a terrific game.

angad

Chairman of Consent

+1

Also is it me or was that caught behind decision upheld due to inconclusive evidence being available to overturn the decision :p

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yea 99 game had solid gameplay, but I also liked the unofficial AC09 patched gameplay one for PC. But they are 2 different sides altogether which is enjoyable to play even today.

Looking at various play session reviews, looks like we would be kept challenged to master in hard pro mode. I have parked my plans for not to go to anywhere near hard mode until 1) I memorize the controls 2) win some matches in medium mode 3) master the career mode in easy :D

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
+1

Also is it me or was that caught behind decision upheld due to inconclusive evidence being available to overturn the decision :p

Actually there was a clear edge there. The ball deviates quite a bit, evident in the hotspot replay. Its quite brilliant actually.

angad

Chairman of Consent
Actually there was a clear edge there. The ball deviates quite a bit, evident in the hotspot replay. Its quite brilliant actually.

Yeh it was to the naked eye, but we needed a side-on view as well that would have shown the spot on the bat :)!!

Btw...did everyone notice the ball rotation meter reading in that same video :clap

Its been ages since we have been craving for such realistic edges. Seeing an edge hit the thighpad and then pop up in the air like that was SUPERB (and frankly something that I never thought I would see in a cricket game anytime soon)!!!!!

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Yeh it was to the naked eye, but we needed a side-on view as well that would have shown the spot on the bat :)!!

Btw...did everyone notice the ball rotation meter reading in that same video :clap

Its been ages since we have been craving for such realistic edges. Seeing an edge hit the thighpad and then pop up in the air like that was SUPERB (and frankly something that I never thought I would see in a cricket game anytime soon)!!!!!

Yes we needed a side view for that....:yes

I loved the RPM meter but the revs were very less...So sharp turn will be difficult to make it happen as it depends on the rotation of LAS...:)

But I thought for the edged shot he should have played a Watson shot....Get on the the back foot and hook it on the leg side...Awesome shot...:)

Users who are viewing this thread