Top End Series

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Top End Series starts early next month. It'll help us guys down under who haven't had cricket in a while.
Also will be good to see some of the young talent out there.

Draw

draw2sq.jpg

Squads

Australia A

Cullen Bailey (SA), Travis Birt (Tas), Mark Cosgrove (SA) Daniel Cullen (SA), Brett Dorey (WA), Brad Haddin (c) (NSW), Ben Hilfenhaus (Tas), Brad Hodge (vc) (Vic), James Hopes (Qld), Phil Jaques (NSW), Mitchell Johnson (Qld), Chris Rogers (WA), Shaun Tait (SA), Shane Watson (Qld)

India A

Venugopal Rao (capt), Parthiv Patel (wk), Gautam Gambhir, Shikhar Dhawan, Robin Uthappa, Rohit Sharma, S Badrinath, Reetinder Sodhi, Tejinder Pal Singh, Piyush Chawla, Cheteshwar Pujara, RP Singh, Shib Shanker Paul, Ravindra Jadeja, Siddharth Trivedi.

Pakistan A

Misbah-ul-Haq (capt), Bazid Khan (vice-capt), Hasan Raza, Mohammad Hafeez, Rafatullah Mohmand, Shahid Yousuf, Mansoor Amjad, Abdur Rahman, Mohammad Salman, Mohammad Khalil, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Irshad, Wasim Khan, Akhtar Ayub; Reserves: Samiullah Khan, Shahzad Malik and Tahir Khan.

New Zealand

Team 1 Peter Fulton (capt), James Marshall (vice-capt), Graham Aldridge, Brendon Diamanti, Mark Gillespie, Jamie How, Michael Mason, Nathan McCullum, Peter McGlashan, Warren McSkimming, Jesse Ryder, Ross Taylor, Lou Vincent
Coach Bob Carter, Manager Richard Hadlee

Team 2 Craig McMillan (capt), Matthew Bell (vice-capt), Hamish Bennett, Gareth Hopkins, Bruce Martin, Chris Martin, Kyle Mills, Rob Nicol, Mark Orchard, Michael Papps, Jeetan Patel, Mathew Sinclair, Richard Sherlock
Coach Mark O'Donnell, Manager Dayle Hadlee

Links:

NZ A in Aus
India A in Aus
Pakistan A in Aus
Top End Series

Well, I going to go to every First Class Match. Luckily, I its in the school holidays.

Doesn't look like it unless foxsports gets it for you guys. Sky Sports over here may show the NZ A matches though.

It's a pity, plenty of good quality players and no doubt it will be competitive, but the bulk of the population live 3-4 thousand kilometres away.

I knew Pakistan A would go to Australia, but not facing two other teams also. And I see the World Cup U-19 heroes Anwar Ali and Jamshed Ahmed aren't selected. But Akhtar Ayub, who also played there is selected.

And personally I would have seen Bazid Khan and Mohammad Hafeez going with on the tour to England. They're really in form recently.

The other teams have pretty big names too.

aussie1st said:
Doesn't look like it unless foxsports gets it for you guys. Sky Sports over here may show the NZ A matches though.

And I assume that there will be no broadcast for this series here in India. It would have been fun to watch us win, or play! :)

I can't wait to see how our guys go. Should be a good tournament

Yep, should be great, although I'm still oblivious to the fact that Bollinger is absent from the Australian (A....) squad- it would've been a great experience to play those of different cultures and subsequently varying brands of cricket, but his talent often seems to go unnoticed. It also would've been awesome had Nine won the rights, but you can't have everything! :p

Watch out A sides our openers are killing it in England. Cosgrove is the new Gilly and Jaques a bit slower than Gilly. What an opening pair those two would make. Hope they don't open with Rogers. Birt is also in good form. But our problem is the bowling, no good making runs if your bowlers can't defend it.

I agree on Bollinger should have given him a try and see what he can do with a more experienced attack.

Queensland have named their 11 to play the A teams.

Queensland XI: Ryan Broad, Ben Cutting, Daniel Doran, Chris Hartley, Shane Jurgensen, Michael Kasprowicz, Brendan Nash, Ashley Noffke, Clinton Perren, Nathan Reardon, Nathan Rimmington, Lachlan Stevens, Grant Sullivan

Looks to be a lot of new guys, haven't heard of a lot of them. It'll be interesting seeing how Doran goes against International players.

Also NT team

NT Chief Minister's XI: Rhett Bowden, Darren Truemer, Dwaine Richards, Tom Scollay, Ashley Williams, Steven Regan, Kym Lawrence, Sam Mitchell, Trent Kelly, Todd Pemble, Ryan James, Adam Dilley, Dean Tipping, Ajay Kurmi, Simon Lavers, Martin Brown

aussie1st said:
Watch out A sides our openers are killing it in England. Cosgrove is the new Gilly and Jaques a bit slower than Gilly. What an opening pair those two would make. Hope they don't open with Rogers. Birt is also in good form. But our problem is the bowling, no good making runs if your bowlers can't defend it.

I agree on Bollinger should have given him a try and see what he can do with a more experienced attack.
I dont think our bowlers are a real problem.

He have Dorey, who has been great in the domestic comp,

Tait who averages just above 20

Watson who is a decent ODI bowler

Hopes had a terrific season with the ball.

Our bowling has no where near the firepower of the batting, however it is still strong enough to defend totals IMO.

I don't know, not very convincing when our backups couldn't even defend 400+
Dorey is fine in the longer form but don't know about the shorter form.
Tait no question on him, hes an absolute star. Hopes not really going to take a large amount of wickets.

Dorey has an economy rate of less than 4 in ODD. Not too shabby.

Users who are viewing this thread