Tournment Ends

I don't think Badri will get a chance in test cricket untill any one of Dravid, Laxman & tendulkar retires. However i think the Bangladesh series is a good chance to to test our Bench strength.

Dhoni wont take Badri in T20. This would be the team Dhoni might select for the T20's

V Sehwag
G Gambhir
MS Dhoni
Y Singh
S Raina
R Sharma
Y Pathan
A Dinda
P Ojha
S Sreesanth
A Nehra

I would actually go with Ashwin for Yusuf Pathan, and Sudeep Tyagi for Ashish Nehra.

saisrini80 added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

I don't think Badri will get a chance in test cricket untill any one of Dravid, Laxman & tendulkar retires. However i think the Bangladesh series is a good chance to to test our Bench strength.

You think they would not play either of Dravid, Tendulkar or Laxman for the Bangladesh series? IMPOSSIBLE! These three will use every opportunity to play as many tests that are available before they retire. So they will play. Yuvraj will want to play because he will want to cement his place in the test side and what better opposition than Bangladedsh to do it (he can maybe score a few centuries). Dhoni will definitely play. Gambhir will want to comeback since he will not want to give too much leeway to M Vijay who did so well against SL. Sehwag is the one guy who can take rest but I doubt that he will.

T20 matches are always interesting. This cloud go either way ..so SL hv to forget wht happend in Test Matches

I think SL will win the T20's. India's T20 form has been going downhill after the T20 World Cup and the subsequent matches.

My playing XI for the 1st T20

India

1.V Sehwag

2.G Gambhir

3.S Raina

4.Y Singh

5.MS Dhoni (C) (?)

6.R Sharma

7.Y Pathan

8.A Dinda

9.P Ojha

10.S Sreesanth

11.A Nehra

Sri Lanka

1.Tillakaratne Dilshan (?)

2.Sanath Jayasuriya

3.Mahela Jayawardene

4.Kumar Sangakkara (C)

5.Chamara Kapugedera

6.Angelo Mathews

7.Thilan Thushara

8.Nuwan Kulasekara

9.Ajantha Mendis

10.Lasith Malinga

11.Chanaka Welegedara

With return of Malinga, SL fast bowling looks more strong..he can really bowl fast, and has good slow delivery, also has ability to bowl almost every ball as yorker...

Last edited:
With return of Malinga, SL fast bowling looks more strong..he can really bowl fast, and has good slow delivery, also has ability to bowl almost every ball as yorker...

Agreed Malinga's comeback will give SL some hope:D

Well the match is just about to get underway. India have won the toss and elected to field first.
Good to see Ashok Dinda will be making his debut, he seems like a pretty good pace bowler from what I've heard and I hope he goes well. SL will be boosted with the return of Malinga, he is a very dangerous bowler in twenty/20's and is a capable match winner with the ball.

jayasuriya dropped by Yuvraj. It's going to be expensive. 3 fours in nehra's over.

Amiya added 1 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...

5 fours in the over. WTF !

Users who are viewing this thread