Tournment Ends

We would have won that series, if it wasn't for the mine-pitch. Can't wait for them to come here.

India scored 350 odd in the first innings of that game and SA were cruising around at about 150/1 in their first innings before they collapsed to 260 odd. It was`nt as bad a pitch that everyone made it look like. Noone complained when 17 wickets fell on a Day 1 wicket at Lords in 2005 or when SA were bowled out for 84 against India on a green Jo`burg track in 2006.

Why is it that when a wicket assists seamers, noone complains but when it assists spinners in the subcontinent everyone complains about it being a minefield. Both are different kinds of challenges and cricket would be boring without them. I`d take matches like those to the dull draws which we saw in the Carribean last year.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

a series vs pakistan or SA is the need of the hour !

or the best solution - take a 2-3 month break !!

SA are touring India for 3 tests and 5 ODIs in February 2010.

Also, I believe India-Sri Lanka tests will be good this time around if the wickets are sporting and not dead dodos.

When do we tour foreign teams?

We`ve toured SA,England, Australia and NZ in the past couple of years. So, I don`t think we`ll be touring those sides in the enar future.

things I am looking forward to in this series.

Jayawardene passing 9,000 runs and hopefully getting a ton on indian soil. that would only leave him to get one in south africa to have the full set of tons against every nation away. he's brilliant when on song against spin.

Murali bowling to tendulkar - the last time we'll see the two most prolific practicers in either discipline face off against each other in the best format of the game.

Ishant and Mendis in tests. two promising bowlers that have looked liked they've hated every minute of this long limited over cricket spell.

Sehwag and Dilshan. the beginning of every innings has fireworks guaranteed.

^No Sri Lanka winning their 1st test match ever in India?

:p

I seriously hope Dravid makes it to the test squad.

i didn't even know they'd failed to do that. :doh

(I have sri lanka as my team but they're really just my favourite team i, kind of, impartially support)

OH, I am waiting to see Laxman play again for our test team. Long time since I saw him play. He has been scoring runs in bucketfuls for his county, Lancashire.

Ooo, been a while since our last Test, would reckon we could win the series with...

1. Gautam Gambhir
2. Virender Sehwag
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Sachin Tendulkar
5. VVS Laxman
6. Yuvraj Singh
7. MS Dhoni (capt & wk)
8. Harbhajan Singh
9. Amit Mishra
10. Zaheer Khan
11. Ishant Sharma

Hope Ishant's poor ODI form does not signal a downturn in Test form. However, if it is shown after two Tests that he is bowling poorly, then I would look to draft in Munaf Patel.

Ishant is back in ODI's too (in the first three ODI's against Australia). He should continue to be one of our premier bowlers in the tests. Zaheer coming back would be a lot helpful for us because our bowling will again look menacing and Ishant will be able to get into his groove for the tests.

A test match!?! A test SERIES?!! Wow, it's been a while.

Damn, it's against Sri Lanka, again. Are there not enough sides going around world cricket anymore?

I hope the pitches in this are better than the recent test ones prepared in India. Will also be interesting to see if Mendis can resurrect his career against his favourite bunnies. :rtfl

I think Jadeja will make in Test 11 also. :laugh

Please, please, please no Nehra.

We need not mind Nehra in test matches. His bowling has been good ever since he came back. Its his fielding that has been the huge worry, but it wont look bad in test matches since over a period of 5 days, fielding doesnt show up as much.

Zaheer, Nehra and Ishant will be our pace battery. Munaf will be backup. Will be a surprise if Tyagi is selected.

I know Nehra will be called up but it will be a sad day in Indian cricket. His fielding is not what worries me. His bowling will be taken apart.

Users who are viewing this thread