Tournment Ends

I know Nehra will be called up but it will be a sad day in Indian cricket. His fielding is not what worries me. His bowling will be taken apart.

Actually, I worry more about his bowling in the shorter format and so far, he has done well there. Bowling in tests is far more easier because batsmen take far lesser risks and he can keep his economy rate low and also maybe pick crucial wickets. Only thing will be his fitness, but so far he has kept himself fit inspite of playing all these ODI's.

We need not mind Nehra in test matches. His bowling has been good ever since he came back. Its his fielding that has been the huge worry, but it wont look bad in test matches since over a period of 5 days, fielding doesnt show up as much.

Zaheer, Nehra and Ishant will be our pace battery. Munaf will be backup. Will be a surprise if Tyagi is selected.

Nehra is a mediocre test match bowler at best. We would be better of picking Sreesanth as the third seamer along with Sharma and Zak.

The Indian squad has been announced.
India squad: MS Dhoni (capt/wk), Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Rahul Dravid, Sachin Tendulkar, VVS Laxman, Yuvraj Singh, M Vijay, S Badrinath, Harbhajan Singh, Zaheer Khan, Ishant Sharma, Sreesanth, Pragyan Ojha, Amit Mishra.

Quite an interesting selection.Sreesanth comes back after a long time and Zaheer returns too.Ojha,Badrinath and Vijay are drafted in as reserve players.Im quite happy with the selection of Sree.The pace battery looks quite impressive though Ishant is retained.

Quite an interesting selection.Sreesanth comes back after a long time and Zaheer returns too.Ojha,Badrinath and Vijay are drafted in as reserve players.Im quite happy with the selection of Sree.The pace battery looks quite impressive though Ishant is retained.

We can`t judge Ishant by his ODI performances. His default length suits test cricket better and I feel he should do fine as long as the wickets are`nt dead pancakes as they`ve been in India recently. I`d love the wickets to have a tinge of green on it every game. Mumbai will surely be a sporting wicket. I`m not sure about Ahmedabad but Kanpur could be either a dustbowl or a dead track like in 2004/5 when Andrew Hall scored a boing 163.

Now everyone will say there's a Tamil Nadu bias :facepalm. I'm very happy to see them selected but not looking forward to seeing the ridiculous posts from the North Indians hereafter...

Bring on the dustbowls! So much more entertaining! Who cares if gives an unfair advantage to the home team. Every country does it when playing at home. If you're a good side then you should be able to adapt.

Now everyone will say there's a Tamil Nadu bias :facepalm. I'm very happy to see them selected but not looking forward to seeing the ridiculous posts from the North Indians hereafter...

Bring on the dustbowls! So much more entertaining! Who cares if gives an unfair advantage to the home team. Every country does it when playing at home. If you're a good side then you should be able to adapt.
I agree with this point but not during this series.It will just be like gifting it to the Lankans.Bhajji isnt in top form,Mishra seems to be in form although matching their Srilankan counterparts will be quite a job.

Dust balls for all foreign teams. Make them wait 100 years before they can win here again.

Very good team, very very very good team. I am very happy with all the selections. Especially sweet sounding is the non-inclusion of Nehra and Munaf and the inclusion of Sreesanth and Badrinath. The selectors have got it perfectly right. Now Dhoni will most often play two spinners atleast. Ishant has good backup in Sreesanth and so we can drop Ishant and play Sree with Zak. Neither Badri nor Vijay have a chance of playing in the first XI but if some injury or other happens (which is so likely these days), Badri will get his chance and it will be a big thing for him.

Let people say that there's a South bias. During the previous selector tenures, there was always a prevailing anti-South wave and good players used to miss out. Now they are getting their chances (I still believe that the selectors are picking good players, not because they come from South). I think we will win this series pretty well.

VERY VERY happy with this new squad. Sri Lanka has no chance :D Hopefully Sreesanth will carry on from Tests to ODI's. :banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2 They are saving Nehra just for ODI's too, which is brilliant.

Nov 11-13: 3-day Match at Ahmedabad Vs Board President's XI.

Nov 16-20: 1st Test against India at Ahmedabad.

Nov 24-28: 2nd Test against India at Kanpur.

Dec 2-6: 3rd Test against India in Mumbai.

Dec 9: 1st Twenty20 at Mohali (D/N)

Dec 12 : 2nd Twenty20 Match in Nagpur (D/N).

Dec 15: 1st ODI against India at Rajkot.

Dec 18: 2nd ODI against India at Vizag (D/N).

Dec 21: 3rd ODI Match against India at Cuttack (D/N)

Dec 24: 4th ODI against India in Kolkata.

Dec 27: 5th ODI against India in Delhi (D/N).

after that they both come to Bangladesh for Tri series in Jan?

The selection of Sreesanth is terrible, considering he cannot even take domestic wickets in the Plate League.

Dec 9: 1st Twenty20 at Mohali (D/N)

Dec 27: 5th ODI against India in Delhi (D/N).

Day night in December ? Has BCCI gone mad. Dew in grounds Is just Like Light Rain. Team Batting Second Will be in huge........... problem.

Also around 27 December it is toooooooo cold

He's gonna rock Sri Lanka :D

He is not taking wickets in the Plate League and took barely any wickets for Warwickshire. Whether he rocks Sri Lanka or not, he has not proved himself as a viable long term option. There are very few bowlers, if any, who have succeeded in the long term, at Test level, without a good FC record.

Users who are viewing this thread