Tournment Ends

great innings, loved his cover drives. Solid player, what are his chances of becoming a regular in the India squad?
Really depends on how India performs as a team, ironically enough. If India starts losing a few at home, we'll be looking at people to scapegoat and get Vijay in.

I wouldn't be surprised seeing Vijay inducted into the middle order (maybe 1-down) when one of the "Terrific 3" retire. At the same time, he's probably going to see a lot of tour time, now, in case an injury happens. Dravid is unlikely to open again. :)

A guy like Badrinath who has been a run machine in domestic cricket has not been able to break into the Indian batting lineup due to the presence of so many big shot batsmen. Atleast Vijay got a chance to play 2 tests because he has been an opener and Gambhir had to miss 2 tests. Wish Badrinath also gets a chance like Vijay and puts up his case.

saisrini80 added 3 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Yeah, he will look good at No 3 because he looks to be technically solid, cool and composed.

Sehwag is getting himself ready for another double hundred (or triple maybe!:D). INCREDIBLE!

Cricinfo commentary says he is in pain. Please don`t let this end this way! Also, we need Sehwag is the last person I`d want to get injured.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

I hope he somehow manages to survive till tea and get some treatment during the break because if we have Viru in thre for the bulk of the last session, we`d be very close to wiping off this deficit.

Sehwag in some pain here... Come on Viru, get through to tea! We need your show for the final session. Dravid is opening up now too.

I am now eagerly waiting for India's next series outside the subcontinent. I am confident that we have a very strong batting lineup with enough backup to weather any wicket (we have Badri/Vijay as backup for Yuvraj in case he fails which he can).

Edit: Dravid treating Murali to disdain here! What a comprehensive end to the session where India have consistently placed their foot over SL's face. Thankfully, Sehwag survives the pain and goes into tea for some good treatment. Hope he comes out and continues the blast show!

Last edited:
How has the crowd been like today? I can really see it being a big crowd tomorrow and on the weekends if India continue to be dominant.

I don't think India really have a batting worry or will have in the future - the next generation looks pretty good.

Our worries are in the fast bowling department. So much potential when most of these young speedsters burst onto the international scene, but the consistency is never there.

How has the crowd been like today? I can really see it being a big crowd tomorrow and on the weekends if India continue to be dominant.

Quite good for a weekday crowd. If Sehwag and Dravid bat out the final session today (which I pray they do), then expect a big crowd tomorrow especially since Sachin will be expected to come out at sometime tomorrow to have a bat (its his hometown).

I don't think India really have a batting worry or will have in the future - the next generation looks pretty good.

Our worries are in the fast bowling department. So much potential when most of these young speedsters burst onto the international scene, but the consistency is never there.

Its always the case in cricket. Batsmen are easier to replace. We`ve been seeing that with Carribean cricket. Eventhough they had Lara during the 90s and 2000s, they never could recover from the the void created after Ambrose and Walsh left.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Quite good for a weekday crowd. If Sehwag and Dravid bat out the final session today (which I pray they do), then expect a big crowd tomorrow especially since Sachin will be expected to come out at sometime tomorrow to have a bat (its his hometown).

What does it take for a board to schedule games to start on Thursday/Friday? Friday, Saturday and Sunday would ideally see the biggest crowds in any venue (other than the holidays).

The crowd now has really swelled up. Lots of people are coming into the stadium after word about Sehwag's brilliant knock has spread. There was one stand full of people.

Sehwag starts off Session 3 with a bang. Will he continue with the merrymaking in this session too? If it happens, it will almost end all chances of SL winning the match. If Sehwag survives till the end, we will take the lead tonight itself which would be great considering that SL batted today in the morning and had a score of 393.

You see the crowd?:cool: don't forget it's Test Cricket match and today also a working day. Still a huge turnout. That's the passion and love for the game in India.

on topic, team playing well also a bad shot selection by M Vijay, deserved a ton :clap

Sehwag you legend :banana2

I bow down to this guy. He is a gun player in test match cricket. Can`t think of anyone else who is as destructive in test cricket as this guy. Also, I might add that he is the most destructive batsman against spin bowling in world cricket right now.

You see the crowd?:cool: don't forget it's Test Cricket match and today also a working day. Still a huge turnout. That's the passion and love for the game in India.

on topic, team playing well also a bad shot selection by M Vijay, deserved a ton :clap

Sehwag you legend :banana2

Thats OK considering the way he batted today... He was amazing!

Sehwag hits Welegedera for a SIX!! He is batting like a man possessed! The crowd is completely behind him now

:banana2

Can`t say that about venues like Ahmedabad. You`d rarely see crowds there for test cricket. It only takes a bit of common sense and proper scheduling to keep test cricket to traditional venues and it`ll get you crowds more often than not.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 51 Seconds later...

Thats OK considering the way he batted today... He was amazing!

Sehwag hits Welegedera for a SIX!! He is batting like a man possessed! The crowd is completely behind him now

I know how it feels to be part of a huge Mumbai crowd. Its quite unlike any sporting arena in the world when the Mumbai crowd starts chanting. Absolutely amazing feeling. I was in the North Stand during the India-Aus ODI in 2007 and the chanting still rings in my ears.

aditya123 added 2 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

Wow, what an innings so far from Sehwag.

We have kind of gotten used to this from Sehwag. What more, he can do this to any attack on any pitch. I don`t think he`d have batted any differently to the way he has today had this been the SA or Australian attack on a WACA/MCG/GABBA wicket.

aditya123 added 1 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

For the second consecutive game in a row, we are close to scoring 300 runs in the first 50 overs of our test match innings!

Dravid also looking very good here.... Far more positive and he has kept the scoreboard ticking instead of trying to just defend and be in there.

Hope Sehwag is careful while playing spinners. He is treating them with so much scant respect possible. But he could get out in that process.

Sehwag is one batsman who makes Ashes 2009 and Cricket 07 look far more realistic with respect to test match scoring rates than they actually are.

Users who are viewing this thread