Tri Series (India, Sri Lanka and New Zealand) - Compaq Cup in Sri Lanka 2009

Who will win Compaq Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farveez_00

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Should be a great series, Sri Lanka are in terrific form at the moment but both New Zealand and India are capable of anything on their day.

It is a quite short tri-series, I would have rather just seen a 5 match ODI series against NZ..

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Why is that? India has beaten the hell out of both sides when they last met and that too in their own den.

Probably because Sehwag isn't playing. There's no Zaheer Khan either.

irottev

School Cricketer
All 3 sides have a chance. I wouldn't read much into test form. We've come to know over the years that when it comes to NZ we perform well in the one day stuff but terrible in tests. Plus we have a totally different squad - especially the bowling attack - Bond, Mills, Butler, Vettori

Sri Lanka have been mediocre in recent ODIs but they have a few players which can win them games.

India seem depleted if they're missing Zaheer and Sehwag but they'll still be very dangerous.

International Coach
All 3 sides have a chance. I wouldn't read much into test form. We've come to know over the years that when it comes to NZ we perform well in the one day stuff but terrible in tests. Plus we have a totally different squad - especially the bowling attack - Bond, Mills, Butler, Vettori

Sri Lanka have been mediocre in recent ODIs but they have a few players which can win them games.

India seem depleted if they're missing Zaheer and Sehwag but they'll still be very dangerous.

India will be missing zak more than sehwag as the batting is still pretty strong with tendulkar coming in,i hope ishant does well.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have a strange feeling that it will be SL. We will do well in the league games and thump both sides, but since this is a tri-nation tournament, the pressure of a final could invariably get onto us. SL handles the final moments better, and might end up winners.

But I hope I am proved wrong. Sachin should open with Gambhir. Sachin needs some time out there to get his flow rolling before the Champs trophy starts. Same with Dravid

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
We don't miss any player. Indian bowling has always been crap. Even with Zaheer in side.

Sachin
Gambhir
Dravid
Yuvraj
Raina
MS Dhoni
Yousuf Pathan
Bhajji
Parveen Kumar
RP Singh/Nehra
Ishant

We can win 1 match at least. It will be good practice before Champions Trophy.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Bond playing? India will get owned by Bond. It's confirmed. I still remember the India-New Zealand-Zimbabwe tri series where Bond took 6 wicket to give India a shameful defeat.

xvalerianx

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
India playing 3 matches in just 4 days is going to be very hectic. The schedule should have been better managed.

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
Bond playing? India will get owned by Bond. It's confirmed. I still remember the India-New Zealand-Zimbabwe tri series where Bond took 6 wicket to give India a shameful defeat.

that was 2002 !!! :eek:

and bond is nowhere near his best atm !!

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
India playing 3 matches in just 4 days is going to be very hectic. The schedule should have been better managed.

Three. So are India just guaranteed a spot in the final now are they?

Howsie added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

that was 2002 !!! :eek:

and bond is nowhere near his best atm !!

He's fit so we'll just have to wait and see then.

Jeetoo

School Cricketer
Will be good to see Bondy playing for the Black Caps again!

I think all 3 teams have a good chance of winning the series, Sri Lanka are in top form at the moment and will be considered as favourites to win but NZ and India are both capable of anything on their day.. should be an interesting tri-series.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
I haven't seen him play of late, but is Bond as quick as he was before and does he still get them sharp inswingers going?

irottev

School Cricketer
We'll have to wait and see ;) I think pace-wise he'll be 135-140ish mainly maybe getting to low-mid 140s max. The tracks over there aren't really pacey so he's kind of said in interview he'll be bowling a little within himself.

I just hope he still swings it. That's when he's most deadly. I've never seen anyone swing the white ball as much as he has at times.

Hopefully that test chase of 400ish can give us momentum going into the series. Oram got a bit of a bat which is good.

Users who are viewing this thread