Tutsi's A.I. Patch v6.0

donjuay said:
I beg to differ. Set both the min and max to 20, and watch the CPU bowl to fine leg and gully.

Hopefully, unless its Devon Malcolm bowling they won't bowling anywhere near gully!!!!!

That is seriously poor bowling....Not what I'd expect from 'professionals'.

I think the point here...and this point has been laboured is to see about stopping the CPU bowling metronomically at the same length/line most of the time. Even McGrath strays off his length.

I think, by doing what you suggest you merely are reducing the skill of the bowler, so would that reduce the chance of them getting you out (not self inflicted of course...?!) I think it would.... In C2004, I seem to remember the lesser nations bowlers would bowl all over the place, and I think this is what you have replicated here?

Bowling is difficult to AI I reckon, most bowlers take around an over or so to warm up and get into a consistent rhythm hence initially producing the odd 'loosener' and then after a lengthy spell may well become wayward....witha bit of consistent 'Boycott corridor of uncertainty' in the middle.

Also, some bowlers just bowl cr@p through their spell and get taken off. Gillespie - Old Trafford 2005 Eng 2nd Inngs.

BomberAUS said:

Touche....!

Hey, just a question about the patch. Does it do anything about the problem of misfields and overthrows in the game?

Banger_attack said:
Hey, just a question about the patch. Does it do anything about the problem of misfields and overthrows in the game?

No it doesn't.

It edits the AI to make the gameplay better.

I think i have answered it again n again......A.I. patches cannot fix the miss-field, overthrow and the bug where the cpu always bowls on stumps.

Overall,this patch is looking good.I l like the power of shot and miss hit direction etc.I hope you will further improve it in future.

Just a quick question

Tutsi,

Thanks for the great patch. I have just a few questions I would like to raise.

I am playing with the v2.0 patch and I am having the following problems / experiences:

• Defensive strokes not working correctly - batsman does not play the correct shot to the correct line and length of ball. I found even in the nets when playing a defensive shot to a good line and length delivery, in line with the wicket, that the player most of the time plays incorrectly ie: goes back when should come forward and vice versa.
  • Scores to high - Played last night and England scored 358 in a 50 over game on a hard pitch against South africa. (Easy level) Seems a bit unrealistic?

Anybody else having the same problems.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Garth.

tutsi

good patch, however i have 1 problem. when the cpu attempts a cut shot it almost never connects. i can bowl short outside off and the computer will score almost no runs.

any suggestions?

fastest century comin up

Dis Is Da Answer To My Critics Who Didnt Believed Me That I Scored A Century In 22 Balls With M.s Dhoni

See Fer Urself

I Scored Without Da A.i Patch

Attachments

• HHG.bmp
    87.9 KB · Views: 101
Pretty good, started using it this morning and Southern Australia were 99/2. I got them all out for 111. Colling wood bowled out 5 and Flintoff 3. All of those 8 were bowled or got out by LBW

A slow quite short ball, it barely bounces and the computer plays a back foot shot while the ball stays low and smashes the stumps

rock_cool2003 said:
Dis Is Da Answer To My Critics Who Didnt Believed Me That I Scored A Century In 22 Balls With M.s Dhoni

See Fer Urself

I Scored Without Da A.i Patch

No big deal if you did it without the AI patch.

I'd like to see you do it with the AI patch.

Users who are viewing this thread