Tutsi's A.I Patch Version 4.0 : Complete Edition

It seems the ball seems to die a little to early on normal or hard wickets. Almost everytime I play the late cut the ball crashes right into the stumps. Yes the straight drive is missing and the edges are still hard to come by.

Hi Tutsi I applied your patch (not 12 parts of patches but single download) Its good specially batsman tries to cut or late cut inner edge and bowled thats too good. One thing is not realistic is straight drive its not working well even the style is not proper. It is wristy drive instead of punch or tendulkar style that has to be improve. Please try to rectify this problem.Otherwise patch is very good.
Well done dude I love it Hats off to you

thx guys for the great review.

and thnx for the suggestions. i will improve the straight drive so that it is always not a wristy drive but also a punched one.

thnx a lot guys.

Hi Tutsi downloaded in single go thank you for your time&effort
played patch for an hour this morning everything brill once
again thanks for your time&effort

just played a test against New Zealand and 3 batsmen played on in the first innings and 2 in the second, all after playing cut shots, all very good idea but maybe happening a bit too frequently.

just played a lot more, playing a series against bagladesh and the outfield seems too slow on a dusty pitch and plus the batting seems too hard, even if you play yourself in, u play big shots, u struggle to time them right. Bowling seems a lot better, but maybe the accuracy cursor just set a tad big?

i produced four edges to keeper off zaheer khan's bowling on a grassy pitch vs New Zealand in Port of Spain.

I bowled the ball in the exact same spot, full well outside off stump, and the batsman tried to chase it with a cut shot only to get the edge back to dravid. The batsmen were all right handers too.

I demolished New Zealand 81 AO.

CPU shot selection isn't bad, sometimes they seem to be too aggressive, trying to hit six after edging the ball and stuff.

Outfield seems fast on Wet and Grassy pitches. Should be slowed down a bit i think.

In response to the front foot shot query. In the original game and the 3.1 patch you never really played the wristy shot and always played the punchy one. I have however hit a few puncy front foot drives and it seems as though this may depend on where the ball is pitched. The ones I have hit off a length or just short of a length and timed well have been punchy fours those that have been fuller in length have tended to be wristy.

This may just be coincidence. I'll be doing further testing tonight.

You should have it when you installed the game first off in the EA Sports directory Data file. If you have modified it already you will need to repair your installation using the reinstall key.

ONE DAY REVIEW

Ok I've given the patch a bashing on one day mode here's my review.

Level Hard

BATTING

Sweep shot improved
You can't blast everything - best powerful shot via advancing - realistic for one dayers
Takes a while to play yourself in - have mistimed and cut a few back on to the stumps early in innings doesn;t happen so much when confidence is up
Players are clearly different Flintoff can blast away Vuaghan will just get caught
Difficult to get going though a lot of the bread and butter shots are harder to play (pushing through gaps etc.)
You need to build batsmen confidence by timing shots well even if they go to hand
Actually feel gutted when someone gets out because you have that nervy feeling of will they edge it and the challenge of playing them in whilst keeping the scoreboard ticking over

BOWLING

Oh my god!!! Not a happy bunny. Played Pakistan and Hameed got 48 runs - all edges that passed through the wicket keeper or first slip. However, when I nick one it always goes to glove!!!!Finally got him out when he snicked the unlucky 13th one to the keeper. It's so frustrating.

CALLING SAM WE NEED YOUR FIELD EDITOR PATCH.

Is anyone else having this problem. It generally happens when you pitch an off cutter just short of a length about 6/7 inches outside off stump.

RUN OUTS

Have only had one bogus run out all day due to the mid on fielder being in between boundary and close up. If you have them tight or right out it doesn't seem to happen. Also had a joyous genuine run out with the CPU turning for two and the third umpire being called in after a good pick up, turn and throw

FRONT FOOT DRIVE

I am convinced by my earlier post th epunchy drive tends to come more frequently with length pitched balls and wristy with fuller deliveries.

I am going back to play some more will post any new findings...

Yeah those edges seem to be frustating, however while you are batting you should try and make use of back-foot strokes more often. The chances of inducing an edge in that case is less. Also try and score as many runs as possible off the Medium pacers (like Oram and Harris). I had Flintoff hit Harris for 26 runs in one over.
I must admit though its easier to bat now than it was before with the default Hard mode. In the previous mode, even back foot defensive shots induced an edge, and almost every second ball seemed to end up in a catching position.

i think batting is harder, shots arent powerful enough.

I think shots need to be made slightly more powerful so they beat the inner circle fielders but die before they hit the rope, unless t he shot is very well timed, just like in real cricket

Users who are viewing this thread