Tutsi's A.I. Patches

Played two one day games of ten overs. First on hard, england (me) vs west idies and secnd on medium. On hard i got thrashed, virtually anything i bowled was despatched for 4 or 6. I brought on a spinner and manage to slow the run rate down, mainly by pitching it back of a length with maximum spin rating. I did improve slightly when anderson came into the attack but anything fast was literally flying of the bat for the cpu. They finished there batting, having scored 115. I was all out for 45. A mixture of getting used to the new patch and the pressure of having to get so many runs meant i was going for everything. I found the big 6 hit/charge shots easier to play than the others. A normal cover drive was extreamly hard to time unless it was a left hander. Managed a few nice drives down the ground, but couldnt time a square cut. Despite seeing great variation in where the ball went when the cpu was square cutting.

Medium i only bowled the first over where i had them 8-2. They were still aggressive, but good balls were not flying around for fours this time. Auto saw them up to 89 all out, which i chased down with a few balls to spare. I have to say the timing of shots is very difficult, but with more practice on my part i think this will be great fun. The defensive blocks seems more efficient. Only one slipped under my defences and that was cos i left my batsmen where the cpu put them to start with. The straight charge can no longer realiably be used as a unbeatable defensive shot, the three times i tried it, the batsmen missed and i was clean bowled. n the bowling front, it could just be me, but there seems to be more swing, and more noticebly seam, perhaps i need more testing on this as i onyl bowled a few overs with the patch.

Overall Verdict: Worth the wait, this has rekindled my interest in the game. Its one thats going to take practice from me but i think it will be worth it

Gas :)

Ok Tutsi is it harder to bat or hard or do the cpu just bowl better deliverys thus making it harder????

After more testing this time on medium in a test match, i am enjoying the patch. Its hard to time the simple shots when you have no confidence. But once it rises its much easier. Still finding the front foot cover drive hard to play, it has to be pitched so full or it just goes in the air to short cover. The big shots are flatter, and with a top batsmen they look awesome. As i said before you need to cover your offstump, and your batsmen will be able to defend any yorkers with a front foot shot, charging down the pitch usually means you miss the ball. I need to test the bowling more thoroughly, but i am loving this patch so far! :):):)

I tried this patch and I really liked it.As I played a ten over match between Pak and Ind and India scored 114.I find it very hard to contain the batsman.However with some good bowling you can restrict them.In response I scored above 90.The patch sounds very nice and I really noticed that on same ball ,Tendulkar was playing nicely but on the other hand other or new batsmant was not able to connect it perfectly.It is the beauty of this patch.Will have more testing.

The batsmen are merciless with this patch. They very rarely block the ball and go nuts from the very first over. I was playing against Australia and they hit a six and 4 fours from the first over when bowling as South Africa. Yikes!

yeah on hard, in odi's thee batsmen are ruthless your lucky with one dot ball per over! havent trie hard on test match yet though

I have been using the patch on hard in a County Season, bowling in a 4 day match as Middlesex against Glamorgan i have found the pacing to be fine. If i bowl a shocker of a ball it gets despatched to the boundary, however the batters treat good balls with respect.

My main wish from this patch/game is that it gives a realistic representation of cricket, i'm not interested in arcade style slogging.

But so far, so good although i haven't batted with it yet.

The_gas said:
Ok Tutsi is it harder to bat or hard or do the cpu just bowl better deliverys thus making it harder????

Well its the mizture of all the above....

1. Batting is generally hard in this patch.

2. Ur new batsman take time to settle down and gain confidence, hence making it hard for them to time the ball from the word GO.

3. The bowling also has been tweaked in such a way that the bowler knows the weakness of a particular batsman,ie,his weak shots, and hence bowls that particular delivery. (Not 100% tested but many times its the same case.)

Well Tutsi, I little bit tested your patch as I played only four overs with it. First I would like to say you that I am playing ICC Champion Trophy(Knock out in EA Cricket 2004). I(india), New Zealand and SA are in same group. I started playing this series using your previous patch i,e, version 6.0. First match is between India v/ NZ. NZ won the toss and selected to bat. Pitch is damp, chances of rain too. They started well with 21 for no loss in 3 overs, but loss Fleming in 4th over while trying to slog, he was bowled by Agarkar( Slog in 4th over??? Funny isnt it?. The second wicket went on 107, when Vincent tried to slog again, but ended in a catch on mid on. No need of playing that shot but he had. Them come Mc Milan to accompany Astle who is on good nick. He made his 50 in good time. Now the third wicket went of on 163 in 32 overs which was run out(Mc Millan). Now spinners comes on attack from both end. And they succeeded in picking up all the wickets in very short time. NZ were all out on 204 with 7-8 overs were remaining. Once they were 163 for 3 and their last 7 wen on adding just 41 runs.But they were trying some silly shots hence they lost their wickets. I dont know why they did?. But they were all out. Now yesterday I downloaded your patch v 7.0 and applied it. Now its my turn to bat iwth version 7.0. Openers :S. Tendulkar and V. Sehwag. First over went on easily as I scored 6 runs(without any boundarywith S.Bond bowling). Second over by Tuffy. He got bowled Sehwag. As it was yorker, and as in your previous patch, to play the yorker you have to come forward and make a straight drive( Advance shot with straight direction), that was the only way to defend yorekr in your previous patch. But this time it failed, I tried to defedn an off stump yorker with the same above shot, and the conclusion, first wicket fell on six. Now Ganguly and Tendulkar are playiing and they added 14 more runs in 3 overs with two boundaries and both edged by Tendulkar towards slip, and for surprise NZ has no slip fielders in slip in first 10 overs with new ball and new batsmen. I dont know why? But they havent. So the score is 20/1 in 4 overs. India require still 185 in 46 overs with 9 wickets in hand with the damp pitch which in this match is supporting the spinners well as they took NZ wickets. As this is not story forum so I am not writing in more details. But I want to ask you that, with your new patch still spinners get the help with damp pitch? And with this patch the tactics of defending yorker has changed? How far this patch is different from your last patch? Still the CPU batsman are aggressive as I noticed in your previous patch.Still they will play the silly shots and hence give their wicket way? Thats solve.

manojkumar_ms said:
1. But I want to ask you that, with your new patch still spinners get the help with damp pitch?

2. And with this patch the tactics of defending yorker has changed?

3. How far this patch is different from your last patch?

4. Still the CPU batsman are aggressive as I noticed in your previous patch.Still they will play the silly shots and hence give their wicket way?

hi....well before i answer the questions above, the onlt thing i recommend is that dion't CONTINUE a previous match with my new ver. 7.0 patch coz its very very different from any of the patches released before by any one.

1. NO they don't, in this patch the spinners have been made less powerfull and the pitch will play a big role in the success of a spinner.

2. YES, they have changes, you no longer can or have to defend a yorker with advanced straight drive shot. Play the normal defensive shot, but yea the off-stump yorker may give u problems sometimes, but ur stance can solve that.

3. Well i don't think i need to explain, i mean its too complicated or i may say too long to explain, but in brief i would say that a new tech. of strokes, batting,etc has been implemented.

4. Thats one of the main points in this patch, u'll see a lot of difference as to how the batsman approach the game in this patch.

Thank You.

Hey Tutsi

I tried your patch on a tour to South Africa as England I am currently playing and used it in a test match v SA.

I found it really good and although I found it a change to get used to I agree that the batting techinque is different and definatly adds to the game play.
I was also pleased to see that I was getting quite a few edges with the tailenders and even more pleased the CPU didnt move one of the slips so I could get fours from these!

From your post above I agree with what you say about the use of spinners not being as sucessful as in previous versions in getting wickets.

Ste

Just play a one-day match using your ver 7.0 patch.

On a normal pitch, sunny coditions.

I was bowled out for 68 off 32 overs !

EVERY dimissal ( and i mean every!) was bowled by an off stump yorker!

Using sams exe where the bowling cursor is "tweaked", you have to take a leg-stump guard. So if the "off-stump yorker" is bowled u get out EVERY time, especially since the advance shoit is useless now.

The only way to prevent this is by taking guard on Middle/leg, and then u just get out LBW and bowled by leg-stump yorkers.

Also its impossible to get the ball of the square, and six-hit shots are a waste of time cos they ALWAYS go straight to mid-off and mid-on.

I know when u get set its "supposed" to be easier to time the ball. But i had several batsmen face 30-50 balls and not get more than 2 small red bars of the confidence meter.

You need to make it easier for batsmen to settle, otherwise as far as one-day games are concerned, this patch is rediculous.

The last issue is with boundaries. In the 32 over i faced, i hit 3 fours only! (and one of them was a mis-field)

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has played a one-day game with this patch as to :

1. what sort of scores you've been making.
2. how you managed to score at more than 2rpo.
3. how did u overcome the "off-stump yorker" problem.

I can see this being a good Test Match patch, if only the yorker problem is solved.

bowling with a swing bowler or spinner.i bowled a bouncer using spinner with minimum bounce and minimum speed and u know what happened the cpu attempted a pull-shot against me but eventually the ball took a second bounce at the toe of the batsmen and the batsmen was not lbw but he was cleaned bowled.(a no-ball was not called because second bounce was inside the crease and just at the toe of off-stump).
comment:-if the normal pitch is such that in overcast conditions then what can i imagine about the wet and damp pitches.

lighted remedy:-shall i increse the hardness of the pitch to solve this?

2. The CPU is very very aggressive in batting even in test matches as soon as his confidence meter is half-filled it starts playing power shots although he times them very well but still in test matches its not acceptable (patience is a virtue in test match).

3.if cpu plays a shot very late or very early then he must edge it specially if hes not in the line of bowl.this doesnt happen.i saw a bowl played by cpu pitched a t good length in middle stump and moving away from a right-hander the bowl hit the edge-area of the bat but it wasnt a edge it was very late shot selection from cpu.

4. the back foot Cover drive is redicolous.if we play it early or very early or very very late the ball misses the bat and there is no contact of the ball and bat provided that u have timed it 100% or just a little late correctly.i checked the config editor because of this and u know what i found was 0/0bytes allocated for (back cover) shot and it has become 0 only after installing ur v7.

5.last but not the least when batted as tendulkar in a test match as well as in 1one day game i faced a little diffculty in the begining but when i was fully settled and my confidence level was full i knowingly played all miss-timed shots to get a edge but the fact of the matter is that i never got any edge even i tried my level best by playing miss-timed shots.

but 1 thing iam happy is that u have first time made the square cutt very attractive as i can hit six over thirdman now just like sachin and sehwag.

Eddie said:
Just play a one-day match using your ver 7.0 patch.

On a normal pitch, sunny coditions.

I was bowled out for 68 off 32 overs !

EVERY dimissal ( and i mean every!) was bowled by an off stump yorker!

Using sams exe where the bowling cursor is "tweaked", you have to take a leg-stump guard. So if the "off-stump yorker" is bowled u get out EVERY time, especially since the advance shoit is useless now.

The only way to prevent this is by taking guard on Middle/leg, and then u just get out LBW and bowled by leg-stump yorkers.

Also its impossible to get the ball of the square, and six-hit shots are a waste of time cos they ALWAYS go straight to mid-off and mid-on.

I know when u get set its "supposed" to be easier to time the ball. But i had several batsmen face 30-50 balls and not get more than 2 small red bars of the confidence meter.

You need to make it easier for batsmen to settle, otherwise as far as one-day games are concerned, this patch is rediculous.

The last issue is with boundaries. In the 32 over i faced, i hit 3 fours only! (and one of them was a mis-field)

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has played a one-day game with this patch as to :

1. what sort of scores you've been making.
2. how you managed to score at more than 2rpo.
3. how did u overcome the "off-stump yorker" problem.

I can see this being a good Test Match patch, if only the yorker problem is solved.

well firstly i'll recommend you to play the game at normal level. this patch is way too different than any of the patches released by anyone before. so playing on normal will introduce you to the patch in a very nice way and then as u get use to it, u can move to hard level.

the things about YORKER....well it surely has been improved as regards to my earlier patch ver. 6.0. but the yea the only YORKER u should look for is an off-stump yorker. but can play it with a front-foot straight drive shot(if timed properly...or rather a bit early). but even if u get bowled well it adds to the realism as many batsman do get out at a good off-stump yorker in real life cricket.

well facing the balls doesn't gets ur confidence meter up. u have to work for it and score 1s and 2s atleast and by not missing too many balls. only the cpu's confidence meter goes up if he ONLY plays or rather even leave the balls.

you can only score boundaries if ur confidence is up.

so try these and i'm sure they will help.

to those who think its impossible to score 4's and lots of runs with this patch you should check my story below! the second game against kent is using tutsi 7.0 on hard.

click

Users who are viewing this thread