Tutsi's A.I. Patches

aman said:
bowling with a swing bowler or spinner.i bowled a bouncer using spinner with minimum bounce and minimum speed and u know what happened the cpu attempted a pull-shot against me but eventually the ball took a second bounce at the toe of the batsmen and the batsmen was not lbw but he was cleaned bowled.(a no-ball was not called because second bounce was inside the crease and just at the toe of off-stump).
comment:-if the normal pitch is such that in overcast conditions then what can i imagine about the wet and damp pitches.

lighted remedy:-shall i increse the hardness of the pitch to solve this?

2. The CPU is very very aggressive in batting even in test matches as soon as his confidence meter is half-filled it starts playing power shots although he times them very well but still in test matches its not acceptable (patience is a virtue in test match).

3.if cpu plays a shot very late or very early then he must edge it specially if hes not in the line of bowl.this doesnt happen.i saw a bowl played by cpu pitched a t good length in middle stump and moving away from a right-hander the bowl hit the edge-area of the bat but it wasnt a edge it was very late shot selection from cpu.

4. the back foot Cover drive is redicolous.if we play it early or very early or very very late the ball misses the bat and there is no contact of the ball and bat provided that u have timed it 100% or just a little late correctly.i checked the config editor because of this and u know what i found was 0/0bytes allocated for (back cover) shot and it has become 0 only after installing ur v7.

5.last but not the least when batted as tendulkar in a test match as well as in 1one day game i faced a little diffculty in the begining but when i was fully settled and my confidence level was full i knowingly played all miss-timed shots to get a edge but the fact of the matter is that i never got any edge even i tried my level best by playing miss-timed shots.

but 1 thing iam happy is that u have first time made the square cutt very attractive as i can hit six over thirdman now just like sachin and sehwag.

1. well the point about the double bounce, well its a bug and nothing or none can fix it unless there is an official patch for it. increasing the hardness won't help.

2. the thing about batsman getting too aggressive in test matches, well it all depends as to what team u have taken and what team cpu has. it also depends upon individual batsman, some are aggressive even in test matches (SEHWAG) and some are calm and like a wall (RAHUL DRAVID).

3. well it is not necessary that batsman should always edge it if he times is too late or too early, EA has not given us too much to work with when it comes to strokes and all. and also i can edit the strokes in such a way that if CPU or HUMAN time is too late or too early then it goes to the slip area, but the problem with this will be that HUMAN players will find the batting way too hard and coz the same strokes files are used for both CPU and HUMAN.

4. well i don't know what u wanna say, ur saying that "there is no contact if u time is very very late or very very early"........which i thinks is very realistic. and the thing about cfg editor, well there must be incorrect offset given for the backfoot cover in ur list.txt.

5. well i don't know what ur trying to do over here.

*thnx for the square cut compliment.

yaar tutsi i meant that i batted as tendulkar and i never edged any stroke to the slip even i had miss timed all the strokes.

well....that is because SACHIN is like a god in Indian as well as International cricket. and like in real life, it will take a magic ball in cricket 2004 to dismiss Sachin. This is also a big feature of my patch, all the players will play according to their caliber,average,standards.

it will also depend upon agaist which team ur playing and what type of match, TEST or ODI.

Im finding it really hard to adjust to not seeing the marker untill after the ball is bowled, any tips guys???

I tried the version 7.0 patch.I played ind vs nz in england on a green top.I bowled out nz for 90.Zaheer khan took 7 wickets.For some reason ,I am now getting a lot of edges to the slip fieldiers and wicket keeper which I never used too before.India scored 90 /2 with ganguly scoring 40 incl. 2 sixes.Interestingly I didnt notice a great difference when batting ... I scored around 5 runs/over but didnt struggle too much .
But there is a huge difference in bowling though as I have never had 8 batsman caught behind in the slips on a green top with any other patches.
With the new patches you said batsman play to their strengths. So will ganguly be weak against the short ball and great on the offside- I didnt notice a big difference.Maybe I need to play more.Pity sachin was out first ball though .. I played a short ball on the back foot and was caught lbw as the ball kept lower than I expected!!

A follow up for tutsis patch.I am playing the next match ind vs sa on a damp pitch and it is extremely realistic! I got carted all over the place by the openers and sa scored almost 10 rpo for the first 5-6 overs.I couldnt get ANY edges and zaheer khan was murdered !(see previous match!)Obviously , the pitch and the quality of the batsman makes a difference.SA are now 160/5 and scoring around 5.6 an over.I have been able to restrict the boundaries but wickets arent easy to come by. On a damp pitch I think India will have difficult chasing what looks like a huge total on the cards.
The patch is great for bowling so far.Lets see how the batting part is

well Tutsi u have made c2k4 quite real... this is a great patch!!!

Playing a county match as Yorkshire Vs Northamptonshire, I got them all out for 143 in the first innings at Headingley on a green top and that was mainly due to belligerent batting of a fellow in the lower order... but in return the Yorks (me) were all out for 123... This is one patch in which CPU's good bowling gets itself some good results... This was at Hard level...

In a separate profile when playing as India against Bangladesh at Medium Level, Sachin and Sehwag got off to a flyer...102 off 9 overs...when Sachin fell and then Sehwag went onto make 138 and India to 353... But was too bored to bowl to the Banglas so autoed it and got them all out for 248...

Hail Tutsi

S_Harmison - Here is ur cursor.exe.

and thnx guys for these great reviews.....keep them comming in coz every match has a different story all together. these reviews will help in a making my patych a bit more popular.

thank you guys.

Ok, this is my bowling review..

After 6 inning of bowling at the CPU .

I chose Durham

1st match V gloucestershire

Gloucester made 140 & 123

2nd Match V Lancs

Lancs made 94 & 77

3rd match V Leicester

Leicester made 47 & 23 !!!!!!!!!

All pitches were "normal", and in EVERY case 7-8 dismisals were CAUGHT slip or keeper.

Too many edges. Most edges are from :

- front foot def
- cover drive
- straight drive

In the last 3 innings, the "top 6" batsmen were out in under 10 overs!

Batsmen block way too much, in 1st match Ian Harvey made 13 from 97 balls! They block balls they should score off, like half volleys. When they do connect the ball goes straight to the fielder (however i did solve this by editing the DirectionArea in the config editor).

I find the edges puzzling, in all those matches i NEVER edged a ball NOT once.

Oh, i forgot to say that batting seems ok, ( although i never edge the ball). Only seem to get out LBW and bowled.

my run rates are usually a bit high (on medium) but thats cos of the daft fields the CPU bowls to. But thats being fixed in the another thread about field editing .

batting with ur patch was tougher so i changed the mxbatsman position adjust value in config editor from 0.050000 to 0.150000 ;) . now i dont have any problems in facing the off-stumps yorkers :D .
and also i decresed the batsmenidealsize to 1.0 to make timing harder.
now i am VERY COMFORTABLE :onpc

A follow up on tutsis patch.I finished the ind vs sa match.Sa made 235 and I won with 13 overs to spare! It was more difficult to hit boundaries.Sachin hit 7 4s and scored 88 of 124 balls. The entire indian innings had only 12 boundaries.I scored at 6-6.5 rpo by taking a lot of singles , by tapping the ball near the stumps and running.The cpu didnt bring in a close in fielder to save the quick singles.Also the CPU bowled nearly 48 extras for SA incl 36 wides, which is waaay too much.
Over all the patch is really nice though.Batting is definitely not as easy, but more realistic in that you have to change the game to the pitch.I rarely played anything of the back foot as on a damp pitch the ball would have kept very very low.
SA didnt bring on any spinners as well and that made the job easier as spinners would have been tough on a damp pitch.
The patch is great , cos if you really put your head down you can score runs

yorkers man!!!

Tutsi bro!!!!.. you gotta do some thign about the yorkers i can barely play yorkers when ever i tried to play yorker i always get bowled
any solution????

Users who are viewing this thread