Tutsi's A.I. Patches

sallu said:
Tutsi bro!!!!.. you gotta do some thign about the yorkers i can barely play yorkers when ever i tried to play yorker i always get bowled
any solution????

easily soved by taking a middle stump guard so that u can block ou th off stump yorkers, ideally u want ure toe touching middle stump. for the balls pitched towards your legs, do a leg glance, and fo the legstump yorkers, wait abit and then press charge and the opposite direction to where you are faceing. ie for a left handed batsmen pres charge and right.

this works for me :cheer

I have question regarding the patch. Since the players attributes are taken into account , will their weaknesses aid in our strategy? For eg - if i go through each players strengths and weaknesses in the player data and it says that say ponting is weak against spin but expert against the short ball- is there a higher probablity of getting ponting out with a spinner , or keeping him quiet or is it the same for all players?

thats what my patch aims at doing....taking ur example....

There is a high chance of getting Ponting out or keep him quite with a spinner while he may cream ur fast/med-fast bowlers.

I reached the ICC final with the patch 7.0. Ind vs Aus on a hard top.Aussies opted to bat.I thought that it would be tough against the best team like aus on a nice pitch.Surprisingly I bowled them out for 118!!! I got gilchrist in the first ball- i kept a fielder at point since I know gilchrist loves to cut and he hit the very first ball straigth to point.Ponting got out in a similar fashion.After that the aussies kept their run rate at 6.5 po but kept losing wickets at regular intervals.Balaji bowled hayden with a slower delivery and yorked lehman.Tendulkar got martyn lbw attempting a sweep.
This is where cric 2004 has a big bug .Aus where 100/8 and in dire straits with 30 overs to go , but gillespie and mcgrath were still trying to hit harbhajan in the air?!
Pity the CPU cant pace its innings.The last few wickets werent really satisfying as the aussies committed suicide. It was too easy.I thought maybe I would find it difficult to bat, but after a quite 3 overs which conceded 8 runs , tendulkar slammed lee for 4 boundaries in one over (all in the off side) and then I have been going at 8 runs per over.Again the CPU bowls too many wides.Any suggestions to fix this?

I crushed australia by finishing the match in less than 15 overs. I dont understand why i found it so easy , it was easier to bat against them than even nz or sa?Any suggestions tutsi? Either I am getting used to the patch or I just got lucky.BTW , I did make one change from before though, I am using sams patch to preserve the lineup and using cursor.exe which I didnt use in the previous matches.Would that make a difference?

ashwinkm said:
I crushed australia by finishing the match in less than 15 overs. I dont understand why i found it so easy , it was easier to bat against them than even nz or sa?Any suggestions tutsi? Either I am getting used to the patch or I just got lucky.BTW , I did make one change from before though, I am using sams patch to preserve the lineup and using cursor.exe which I didnt use in the previous matches.Would that make a difference?

well i would say you got lucky....the problem with cricket 2004 is that no matter how much i edit the pacing files and all.....it doesn't applies to australia....they are always aggressive no matter what the situation is. maye the future games will have this fixed.

and yes....using CURSOR.EXE kills my patch. its is quite obvious that with the cursor.exe, batting is a peice of cake.

i recommend playing the game WITHOUT the cursor.exe and play a couple of more games against australia to see if they play differently and set a big score.

i used the cursor.exe because i wanted to save the line up which would change each time.So I used sams patch and cursor.exe .Is there a way to save the lineup without using sams patch.

i thik he means the fix where the cursor shows, rather than sams exe which fixes the lineup bug. or have i just read things wrong?

well u don't have to use cursor.exe with sams's patch to preserve the line-up.

cursor.exe is for those who find it difficult to play the game without the bowling marker.

Ok i am sick of bowling the CPU out for 50-100 runs. So in a drastic last resort to makr this patch work when bowling i did the following:

I raised the CpuDifficulty from 0.600000 to 1.5555555.
I raised the CpuRandom from 1.3 to 5.0.
I lowered the CpuTacticsDefend from 3.0 to 0.8.

And it made no difference what so ever.

Tutsi, how can i make the CPU make runs using your patch?

<My problems>

- too many early wickets, ALWAYS have CPU 5 wickets down aftter 10 overs.

- CPU batsmen block or leave everything. Run rates RARELY rises about 2rpo.

- CPU over scoring shots. I have yet to see a straight drive or on-drive.

- CPU just blocks the spinners, no shots at all.

- Bounce on normal pitches is TOO LOW, back foot shots and not possible cos the ball is too low. Especially bad when medium pacers are bowling.

- When batting AS left-hander, everything is bowled way down the leg side, i have to take a guard way outside leg stump to reach the ball.

- CPU generally bowls too wide.

ok thats jusy of fthe top of my head. Lots of others if i think hard.

I really mean this as construcvtive criticsm, cos i REALLY LIKE the idea behind this patch. Just needs some work.

All observations were made over 8 county matches (no one day games)

Hope this helps

It so happens that I am one of the folks who happens to find it difficult to play without the cursor!! Is there any other way to avoid the lineup bug but continuing to play with the cursor?

I actually started a test match yesterday against england on a green top with overcast skies and am struggling (this is without sams exe). I have lost 4 wickets for 20 runs (4 skip catches and one inswinging lbw) .I realize you have to be very careful playing square of the wicket on the offside early on, unlike in the one days. I am probably going to restart the match and play more carefully. Great patch though- I will let you know how it works in test matches.

i agree with eddie about the low bounce of the normal pitch, theres needs to be more bounce.

what i find hard is the difficulty of hard mode on one dayers, is there anything i can tweak to make it a tad easier, all my bowls go for four or six

well....all ur comments...positive as well as negative are always welcomed.

plz don't feel shy or anything like that while posting......say whatever u want to in clear manner.

this was obviously a BETA version of the patch...which i also mentioned when i released it that i have only tested this patch 80% and the rest 20% is an unexplored area.

plz give me the list of problems ur facing. (plz mention whether its a ODI or TEST, 10,20,45,50 over match and which difficult level)

Thank You

tutsipoppy2 said:
well i would say you got lucky....the problem with cricket 2004 is that no matter how much i edit the pacing files and all.....it doesn't applies to australia....they are always aggressive no matter what the situation is. maye the future games will have this fixed.

and yes....using CURSOR.EXE kills my patch. its is quite obvious that with the cursor.exe, batting is a peice of cake.

i recommend playing the game WITHOUT the cursor.exe and play a couple of more games against australia to see if they play differently and set a big score.
well Tutsi I am one of those poor fellas who need the cursor to be present. but I didnt find batting in ODI (Hard Level against Pak as India on a Dusty pitch in Lahore) or in First Class(Hard Level Yorkshire Vs. Northants on a greentop in Leeds) a peice of cake. It takes skill... a lot of it and dangerous innovation in ODI to achieve a competetive run rate because the CPU batsmen are also going to blast their way(if I bowl)... so just dont underestimate ur patch.

Against Pak India scored over 300 but no batsman crossed more than 60... in fact only one reached there donno who. To gain confidence early I found that at least the Indians play the advanced coverdrive and advanced sqaure drive well... this is what I meant by dangerous innovation coz its tough not to get out quickly if you keep trying those shots! Also I think your patch will become more effective when we have downloadble and easily implementable field editor(for CPU placings).

Users who are viewing this thread