Tutsi's A.I. Patches

just played Aus V India.

resricted AUS to 152-9 off 50 overs..

have to say it was hard to do that..but the CPU just can't play spin..

my 2 pace bowlers went for about 55 runs each in their 10..

so u can imagine how tight the spinner bowled.

Would like to see the CPU bat as agressive in county one-day matches

A follow up on tutsis patch. Ind vs aus test. Ind had a great day on the field today. First I managed to get the aussies from 200-5 to 233 all out , with some fine fast bowling. I kept plugging away at the"Mcgrath" line outside off stump praying for a mistake and finally katich nicked one to the keeper and I nearly brought the neighbors in.(you have to remember I had bowling 30-40 overs non stop without success)Once Katich fell, the tailenders were easy to get out, most of them nicked to the slips or the keeper. India came in after a disastrous first innings.This time I knew I would not attempt any swishes outside off stump. The openers were cautious and chopra hit 50 off 145 balls.Sehwag hit 46 off 97 balls before being bowled after attempting to play across the line. Dravid was lbw by a warne flipper(foolish on my part, I read the flipper but didnt move to adjust to the line of the ball).Sachin and ganguly are now playing.India are 145/3 of 50 overs.
good things about the patch:
1. It was definitely easier to get the tailenders to give edges than the top batsman, especially with my frontline bowlers.
2. Batting did seem tougher for the cpu as well as me on a green pitch
3.Equal rewards for both teams on the same pitch.Would have been a pity if Gillie had come out and hit a 100 of 30 balls.
4.Makes gameplay more realistic.- no 6rpo in tests.players play to their stats and attributes.
5.After a disastrous 54 in the first innings , I quickly realized my mistake and did not swish outside off stump and my patience was rewarded with runs(although it was slow ).It really pays to stay in for a while to get your eye in .
6.Although I had no favoritism, I noticed that Sehwag who is the better batsman and more aggressive was scoring faster and easily(more fours, more runs going through vacant areas) which I guess was one of the points of the patch.
Phew - thats enough analysis for today!!

Eddie have you tried Ravi latest one day patch as there cpu plays very well and usually post realistic totals.

I think this patch is excellent in tests, really good! Love batting and love bowling! Not 100% sure about the one dayers yet, am gonna play a 50 over match and post so results and screenshots in this thread. Ill be using hard mode. I dont like the way that the fast bowlers get murderd for bowling good deliverys, but i need to test it in a 50 over match to be sure im correct. Im starting now so il be back later with screenshots and results. :)

Hero : I always use Ravi's ODI and TEST patches. They are the best IMHO. I was just testing tis one as i REALLY like the idea behind it.

I think the main problem with this patch is, that it seems to work quite well with International Matches, but, county matches are quite poor as the CPU is too weak.

Well, to some extent i take back what i said above. I bowled them out for 120 odd.
I made early breakthroughs with the seamers, gough and harmison. a few wickets were out to square cut catches. The cpu were just about right with aggression. By mixing up my pace alot of there shots were going straight to my fielders. I can never bowl 6 line and length balls and i usually got hit for one four, and sometimes two in an over. But despite my seamers being expensive they did keep taking wickets. Enough nicks, just about right, most went to hand, a couple flew for four. When s.africa were 7 down i brought on the spinners to try them out and slow the scoring rate down. Bowled tight and finished them off with giles and vaughan. Despite bowling them out for a low total i really enjoyed the game.

The underlying problem is that if the cpu loses wickets early, it needs to go defensive and block out for a while, so at least they bat for longeras they will still aquire runs. And we all know this cant be done. So i dont see what can be done really.

I am enjoying this patch though :hpraise

ebdf686a.jpg

2c7dc1d0.jpg

ad15b300.jpg

hmm.....so there are some mixed reaction for the patch.

maybe the new 7.1 beta will make a difference.

**except eddie who is getting teams all out for really cheap scores. is there anybody else who finds some sort of problems in the ODI which can be fixed.

well i have to say that why computer is so aggresive in 20 overs match and why there isn't any edge bowling with spinner i can't get any bat ped catch up till now and can't get any edge by bowling with fast in other pitches except green

Tutsi, i don't bowl the CPU out cheaply in ODI's, just restrict them to "manageable" totals..usually 150-180.

Thats of 45-50 overs, which is at leasta defendable total.

My main issue is with the Test Matches and 4-day games. Where the CPU rarely exceed 100-120 runs, and in my experience at only 1-2 rpo.

I'd just like to see the run rate at 3rpo and totals of 200-250. I think this could be solved my making batsmen who are fully set, harder to remove and convert those scores into 50's and 100's.

BTW. Tutsi, i have edited most the default fields, so that they include :

- 3rd man
- backward square leg
- cover
- 2nd slip
- 1st gulley
- point
- straighter deeper mid-off

then depending on the agression of the field setting i use the spare fielders as either, 3rd slip, 2nd gulley OR deep xtra cover and mid wicket.

I did this cos i found i scored too many runs in those areas (especially BK sq leg & 3rd man). Gave me far too many cheap boundaries.

I haven't done a patch, but i could post fields as a txt document if anyone is interested. Fields edited include:

Open (odi) fields 1-5 (fast & med)
Agressive (test) 1-3 (fast & med)
Attack (test) 1-3 (fast & med)
Normal (test) 1 (fast & med)

Well very important issue is that there is hardly any edge while bowling with a spin bowler even on a pitch which is helpful for spinners
you must make the spinners more effective on the pitches which helps them by providing uneven spin and bounce

well...i've tried a lot...and have set the same values for the spinner which i set for the fast bowlers so that edges could occur. but spinner don't seem to generate edges.

faraz haider - i don't know why ur not getting edges. coz i have lpayed with this patch on all types of wickets and it has generated edges on all of them.

Tutsi I have posted some of my experiences regarding your patch and I think that apart from just a few kinks here and there(most of them I am still to find) its overall better than anything we have played with before...

Eddie seems to be a great bowler... those Northants hit 279 on the second day at Leeds against yorks(me) at 5-6 rpo... and i did find it hard to get those fellas out after they had gained their confidence...poor yorks are struggling at 126/3 and the moment a spinner comes on my team is doomed...

Users who are viewing this thread