Tutsi's A.I. Patches

play the game in Hard mode it is much more challenging
Tutsi cant wait for new patch.This patch is the best
patch and if the new one is going to be better
bring it on ,keep up the good work

well since this is only my second test with his patch i played on medium.From now on I will play it on hard. I didnt find batting easy on medium though- i scored 452 at a rate of 3.6 per over.Completely abandoned any shots outside offstump to fast bowlers when the slip cordon was in and I was batting with low confidence. I would work all the balls to the leg side and score a lot of singles. I fear that hard mode will make bowling more challenging but batting too hard!!!

452 isn't a bad score.especially at 3.6 rpo.On hard,i usually make around 420 at 2.9 rpo.I have not played the patch on medium so maybe medium is especially easy.

My next test match will be on hard level. Now one problem that I have not noticed , but other seem to have pointed out is that the CPU scores too fast . Perhaps that is in hard level? In medium level the CPU scores around 3 rpo average and sometimes even less. Do they score faster on hard level?
Are you guys finding it more difficult to dismiss them on hard too?

I must say one thing though. Test matches are fascinating , especially with the patch .They are really engrossing and are much more challenging and demand way more patience. They also demand more time, which is a problem when you have other things to do !!!

If you want the cpu to play less aggressively go back a few pages and look at the modifications I mentioned.Or you can wait for the next patch,where Tutsi said he would decrease the aggression.

Hey tutsi ur patch is just great
but last night l was playing as lndia in a one day ( l am on a Aus long tour )
l was all out for just 222 on a normal wicket ( thanks to ur patch )
that was very good bowling but can u do something about cpu playing some sensible shots cause l got cpu all out for just 24 runs and all those 24 runs came from edges except two good shots and it all happened in just 3.4 overs
can u please do something about it....

Genius,tutsi is working on that in his upcoming patch.However,if you are too impatient,look at my modifications in previous pages.

ya.....i'm working on it and hope that i will satisfy you with the new pacing of CPU.

but as always i can't be perfect so if u find the pacing a little slow or fast u can ofcourse edit the pacing to ur own liking.

Tutsi, you've got to do something about the amount of edges the cpu gives up in 7.0. In the last two days I have bowled India out for 150, once on a normal pitch and once on a wet pitch. Out of every ten wickets, on average nine are slip edge catches. All you have to do is play an aggresive field and the cpu is done.
Otherwise the patch is great.

Thanks.

Innings defeat for australia (ha fancy that in real life..)
India 452 all out - aussies 187 and 149 (2.6rpo and 3rpo)
1. The CPU does not score fast as you can see. It just blocks away for a while and then suddenly loses its patience and comes down the track.I think this is realistic enough if run scoring is difficult, sometimes the batsman have to take chances.However I wish they would avoid coming down the track to a spinner and getting stumped again and again!

2. The tail enders are usually too easy to get out. They give far too many edges if you bowl outside offstump.While it should be easier to get them out, maybe we can just decrease the edges a little bit.

3. I found this very interesting- If the batsman is aggressive by nature,then once they get full confidence they start hitting out as shane warne did, whereas damien martyn was at full confidence yet played very very slowly.In the previous match he was nearly 90 but still was playing patiently. The other very interesting thing that I noticed was that the batsman seem to get used to a bowler

For eg.- in the second innings, I was getting more wickets with harbhajan and zaheer.When warne and gillespie came on, they struggled and a lot of edges went through, a few catches were grassed.Then all of a sudden warne started lofting both Zaheer and Harbhajan for fours!! A similar incident happened early on as I mentioned before. Zaheer got two wickets and the aussies were struggling.But after his 7-th or 8th over it was almost like they went after him to hit him out of the attack
When I bring a new bowler on , they play slowly!!

I guess some of these are the result of tutsi's patch- if so - great job, makes things more realistic.

Please try to prevent the batsman from coming down the track for stupid shots and running the ball to third man when theres a slip in position

griffon23 said:
Tutsi, you've got to do something about the amount of edges the cpu gives up in 7.0. In the last two days I have bowled India out for 150, once on a normal pitch and once on a wet pitch. Out of every ten wickets, on average nine are slip edge catches. All you have to do is play an aggresive field and the cpu is done.
Otherwise the patch is great.

Thanks.

You can do that yourself.Just the decrease the values of all the terms that have "Edge" in them.

Well just decrease them a little bit.I think default value is 3.0 so make it around 2.3 and try.If you still find more edges,keep reducing the values untill you find the perfect one.

tutsi make those advance shots just a little bit tough(not too much pls)...so that there is motivation to play some other kinds of shots too...nowadays i find my batters jumping down the pitch to every fast/swing bowler and then getting bogged down against spinners as i don't know how to use those advance shots effectively against them...(shouldnt it be vice versa):)

Users who are viewing this thread