Tutsi's A.I. Patches

griffon23 said:
Tutsi, you've got to do something about the amount of edges the cpu gives up in 7.0. In the last two days I have bowled India out for 150, once on a normal pitch and once on a wet pitch. Out of every ten wickets, on average nine are slip edge catches. All you have to do is play an aggresive field and the cpu is done.
Otherwise the patch is great.

Thanks.

hi well the number of edges have been reduced in 7.1

but the amount of edges also depends upton the type of pitch and also upon as to against which team ur playing. a weaker team will give more edges.

ashwinkm said:
I guess some of these are the result of tutsi's patch- if so - great job, makes things more realistic.

Please try to prevent the batsman from coming down the track for stupid shots and running the ball to third man when theres a slip in position

well ya ofcourse these results were the efect of my patch coz all this is related to the AI. and this was the main feature of my 7.0 patch. so i think it worked.

and ya i have amde an effort to make sure batsman do not come down too often. but as some of the advance shots are missing in the cfg editor, ADVANCED COVER DRIVE, this can't be 100% successfull.

but i'll try my level best to do whatever is possible.

Tutsi,

I have been playing with your ver 7.0 patch and doing some EXTENSIVE testing. As a result I have come up with some tweaks to make the patch more realistic. I thought i would share the info cos i don't really have to expertise to release a patch.

I must stress that these tweaks are mainly for one day matches.

Ok I'll just jum straight in.

<task #1> -> Too easy to get wickets:

I included these new values using the Config editor

CpuRandom 2.5
CpuDifficulty 3.555555

I didn't reduce the Edge values cos thats would affect when i batted too and i didn't want that. Using these values the CPU is both harder to dismiss and bats better doen the order. So the CPU has a better chance to bat out the 50 overs and make better use of first 15 overs (without throwing away too many early wickets)

<Task #2> -> CPU settling/Aggression.
I always found the CPU scored too slow. So first thing i did was make the batsmen settle quicker , therefore playing more shots early in the innings. You may think the CPU would be throwing away more wickets, but this is NOT the case, due the my ammendments to the CPU difficulty (see task #1 above). So i edited this value.

CpuBallsFaced 7.5

<Task #3> -> CPU Pacing

I changed this way to extensively to really go into detail about. The Pacing works by splitting the innings into 7 parts (0,1,2,3,4,5,6). The default pacing has the CPU slog for stages 0 & 1 then bat moderately until 5 & 6 when it slogs again. I notice that CPU is too aggrsseive too early and looses to many wickets to allow it to bat out its overs.
I changed the Pacing so that the CPU bats less aggressively in stages 0 & 5. Thios lead to larger totals in the long run as the CPU vatted more overs.
In stages 3 & 4 I almost toally removed the CPU hitting "6's, cos thats the "building stage" of the inning (pushing 1's and 2's with occaisional 4's) to allow for the final slog in the final overs (stage 6 mainly).
I took the stages to be roughly as follows:

Stage Overs
0 1->7
1 8->14
2 15->21
3 22->28
4 29->35
5 36->42
6 43->50

<Task #4> -> Stroke editing
I noticed that the doesn't seem to be much variation in shot selection/direction. As a result the CPU fails to manoeveur the ball (graham thorpe style), and keep the scoreboard "ticking-over". Then I noticed thats almost every shot has at least 2 versions of hit. So what i did was split the shots into two. This is probly best explained using an example:

cover drive attack - made this an AGGRESSIVE shot for hitting 4's in areas 80-90, 60-70, 45-55. Higher risk shot (IE more chance of edging)
cover drive defensive - made this a MODERATE shot for "working" the ball around in areas 30-40, 75-85, 100-110. Lower risk shot (IE less chance of edge than the aggressive version)

This meant thats more aggressive batsmen "chose" the aggressive shot and looked to hit more boundaries, wheras, less agressive players chose the moderate shot and scored more singles.

I had this idea for other shots too (like square drive, straight drive, ondrive)

The affect this had on CPU pacing was ENORMOUS, as the CPU did not always have to play aerial shots to score runs.

I think this could be done really well with "six hit shots", making one ("moderate")a "chip" over the infield for 1-2 runs, and making the other AGGRESSIVE - a 4, 6 or out shot.

Ok thats about it for now, cosi got to have my lunch, but i'd be really interested in what people (in particular TUTSI) think .

I think the most innovative section is TASK #4, and could really move the game on a level.

(Tutsi , i hope you don't mind me posting this, I was not trying to hijack your thread)

hi...well ur observations and thinking is great i must say.

but after the release of my 7.1 patch, the things u have mentioned in TASK#1, TASK#2, TASK#3 would already have been fixed/implemented.

now i can say that the patch is 95% complete and the things u have talked about in ur TASK# 1,2,3 have already been implemented and tested.

as regards ur TASK#4, i though of an idea which was just a bit similar to urs but that didn't worked out quite nicely coz the aggressive batsman played only a certain number of shots which were made AGGRESSIVE, and same thing goes for moderate and defensive batsman whose shots were made moderate and defensive, the result was that the game got boring as only some particular shots were played by a batsman and it was a bit easy to contain him by bowling him on such a line and length for which he had no shots.

i tested this 2 days back,i.e,MONDAY, but i implemented a part of this,i.e, i have made some shot from AGGRESSIVE to MODERATE, MODERATE to AGGRESSIVE, DEFENSIVE to MODERATE, ETC which has improved CPU pacing and stroke selection.

!!! MY 650th POST !!!

hi all...i would like to know one thing.....

whats the stroke file for which the batsman plays a forward defensive shot in which he kind of closes the face of the bat, it seems as if he is trying to defend/deflect the ball to the leg side.

Forward def 1

Mode Normal KeyFrame 2

I believe thats the one. Its the one with bat and pad "tight" together..

I actually made this a "run to 3rd man" shot for 1-day matches..And it actually looks ok..

nope....this is not the one i'm talking about,

in the stroke i'm talking about, the bat and pad NOT tight together, the batsman closes the face of the bat.

The hard level is quite tough.Im playing Ind vs Aus on a dusty pitch in Chennai and am scoring very slowly.110/3 after nearly 46 overs. It is much harder to hit 4's down the ground of spinners and almost impossible to hook .Only with Sachin did I manage to actually get bat to ball with a hook shot and both were mi****! Even the singles are harder to score since the ball goes to the fielder- whereas in the medium level I was able to work the ball around a little more. Hopefully Tutsi will have the latest patch out by the time I start bowling to Australia and it will be really challenging!

Tutsi,

As we know that field editor has been released so you should incorporate new field settings to make this game more enjoyable and realistic.

Ya man thats an good idea Tutsi when u realease the latest patch also u shuld make field setiing so the game will be more awesome

Why can't you do that according to your likings.Its very simple.

Users who are viewing this thread