Tutsi's A.I. Patches

Argh- Hard level is quite tough!! India are now struggling at 216/7 of 80 overs. It is very hard to get boundaries. I find it very difficult to play hook shots, straight drives,on drives. Lehman is very difficult to play because he is so accurate.

Anyone have suggestions on how to play the above shots? I keep getting hit on the body when I try playing the hook and the straight drive seems to be mistimed. Is it just a question of changing my timing.

I tell u what you shuld have a perfect timing jus concetrate on the batting and if u feel like that u can hit the ball then atleast u shuld have patience in test match so then u can hit for boundaries anyshots like hook and etc. Anyway a new versions of tutsi patch is releasing tonite or mayb tomm so y don't u wait

I am playing quite patiently, but am scoring about 2.5 runs per over which is probably ok for a real test.Most of the runs are as singles . I did manage to sweep a few balls for fours though. Hard requires you to be really really patient though!!!!!!!!!1

Hi guys....as i promised here is the patch.

Tutsi's A.I Patch Version 7.1 A/B

Q. So is this an update to ur 7.0 patch? Do i need 7.0 pre-installed to install this one?

A. Yes, this is an update version of my 7.0 patch. NO, you don't need any of the previous patches to install this one.

Q. How do i install this patch on my GOB file?

A. Download the latest version of Cfg Editor(which came around 1-2 months back). Download my patch's .ZIP file and extract the CFG to C:\ or whereever you want. OPen the cfg editor and click on IMPORT PATCH which is on the top right cornor of the editor. Select CFG file and click on OK when a message saying that "The patch has been applied successfully" appers.

Q. Now the big one.....What is there in this update which was not there in the 7.0 patch?

A. Yea....that is a big one, well to start of bany of the bugs which were there in the 7.0 have been fixed. Although my 7.0 had very little problem in it, but the main problem was that cpu were not scoring enough, well this time cpu will give a fight. The cpu pacing in both TEST and ODI has been fixed so that they score realistic totals. Almost all the shots have been tweaked and and the range of direction for all the strokes has been increased so you can enjoy the ball going to different directions all the time. A new tech. of Difficult has been implemented or the HUMAN which will be discussed in the next question. Well i have been posting in this thread telling you about the updates which have been implemented to the patch so can or if u have read the earlier posts u'll be knowing what else has been changed so there is no point pasting it again over here.

Q. Now what are these A and B patches which are available for downlaod?

A. As i told ya, a new tech. of difficult has been implemented in this 7.1 patch. Because of this u won't be able to defend the yorkers with much success rate, specially those over pitched yorkers. This tech. will also make batting harder as you have stard in the correct position to play a particular shot, or else there is high chance of you missing the ball or mistiming it. This will make batting very realistic. But many of you were not ready for this kind of an update as you were finding the current difficult setting OK. So 2 version of this patch have been released.

Version A - This is the patch version in which the NEW difficulty tech. has been implemented.

Version B - This is the patch version in which the OLD difficuty tech. has been retained.

Q. So is there any other change in the A and B versions other than the difficulty tech.?

A. NO, everything else is the same in both the patches.

Well i wrote this FAQ so that every Q related to the patch gets answered so that those who want to use my patch don't have to ask again and again on the forums. Hope this helps them.

For any other questions and most importantly for any comments regarding the patch plz plz plz post it in this thread.

!!! NJOY !!!

Plz Download The Re-released Version Of This Patch From Page NO. 52

Last edited:
Great Tutsi I will try it and post a review of it soon.

7.1 A ODI bowling rundown
Bowling is a mixed affair. On the one hand, it was good to see a longer contest, on the other, I found the AI still isn't putting up much of a fight.

The pitch was dusty so I was expecting the quicks to have little effect.

in the third over, mcgrath gets first blood, sehwag lofting a square drive straight to point and ganguly awkwardly pushing at a ball that ends up
going comfortably to third slip.
yuvraj singh is the next to go, trying to belt gillespie over the covers, but caught on the dive at cover point.
kaif narrowly survives his first ball, edging through the gully to third man.
india are 3/20 after 6 overs
laxman gives a high edge to mcgrath but like kaif is safe as the ball makes it to third man. he doesnt hang around much longer however, lofting a back-foot cover drive, again to cover point
india are 4/27 after 8 overs
india stabilise somewhat at 4/43 after 10 overs as kasprowicz comes on replacing mcgrath
it doesnt take kasper long to strike, dravid tries to drive a good one just wide of off and gilchrist takes it
india are 5/50 after 12 overs
another catch at cover point, this one a pretty good shot but the fielder gets it, karthik out for a duck
young cameron white on now for a crack at the lower order
india are 6/54 after 15 overs
things have stabilised a lot, kaif operating smoothly and agarkar is holding it
together at the other end, but australia have them under control
india are 6/65 after 20 overs
kasprowicz strikes again! drops the pace, just outside off and straightening, kaif tries to launch it straight but is clean bowled
mcgrath comes back into the attack replacing kasprowicz
white is continually beating the batsmen but to no effect, finally, he shortens his length and gets harbhajan singh bat-pad (actually, was quite funny to watch, the fielder didn't catch this till he was already on the ground)
india 8/71 after 25 overs
india 8/78 after 30 overs
mcgrath finishes his overs with 2/40, white soon after with 1/11
andy symonds is the new bowler followed by simon katich at the other end
agarkar charges symonds on a shorter one and is stumped!
india 9/93 after 35 overs
katich replaced by gillespie
india 9/112 after 40 overs
symonds replaced by clarke
finally! pathan lofts gillespie to backward point, though i wonder if cover point
wouldnt have got to it if he wasnt there.
india all out after 43 overs for 115

If you have a look at the Manhattan, India lost the first six wickets in the first 15 overs but held the tail for about 28 overs. This is stupid.

I was happy though that there were plenty of chances that didnt go to hand, as in reality. With the better pacing, the final four wickets were very thrilling to take. Definitely a step in the right direction. I've also tried out Gold639's changes to 7.0 beta, but that was all out for 82 after 37 overs on a hard pitch. The trouble is, the top order doesn't ever look like hanging around after the first few overs.

I know this is already a hideously long post but a few things i noted; there were a stack of catches in the cover point region, I don't know if its just accidental or what but I thought it was suspicious. The other thing is that something weird is happening to the spinners. The computer was trying to pull and cut and drive them, but about 90% of the time the ball just dropped straight to the ground. This makes them much more defensive and perhaps it was just because they were bowling to tailenders, but on a dusty pitch white bowled his full 10 overs against the last four for 1/11.

Thanks for reading, I think I'll leave a batting review to someone who can bat decently :)

Attachments

• aus v ind man1.jpg
    aus v ind man1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 107
  • aus v ind scorecard1.jpg
    aus v ind scorecard1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for the patch Tutsi! First impressions
I resumed my match on hard and Ind were all out for 238 in the first innings(I tried patch 7.1 b but it was too hard with tail enders-so I finished my first innings with 7.0 beta and then installed 7.1a) With 7.1 a on hard level (dusty pitch)I started bowling to the aussies. The very first ball Langer edged Pathan to first slip who proceeded to drop it!! I got another edge in the same over but it went through the slips. Hayden edge Balaji to 2nd slip of his first over with a terrific delivery , full pitched and swinging away. In came Ponting and Balaji got the edge once again but it fell safe. Another edge of Pathan in the next over and that was it- That was truly it- NO MORE EDGES!! Langer and Ponting then started hitting the bowlers around 4/over . Then Balaji and Pathan kept it tight and the run rate slowed down. The batsmen played their shots very carefully , and would only hit bad balls. The spinners came on but there were ABSOLUTELY NO edges (but both batsmen were already full confidence by then)The runs slowed down and both batsmen attempted to come down the track a few times but it usually brought them runs. Ponting tried to sweep Harbhajan and was plumb lbw. Langer then took over and played some good shots.Kumble bowled around the wicket and Langer came down the track and missed and was stumped. Lehman and Martyn are now at the crease.Aus 83/3 of 33 overs

1. The CPU definitely paces the innings much better
2.Very realistic aggression- even at full confidence they dont play risky shots , but any bad balls will be put away.
3.Definitely tougher to get the CPU out.Although there were a few edges with the new ball ,(which happens in real cricket too) once the batsman got it, there were NO edges.
4.Still tough to get edges with spinners, but I have only bowled 20 overs so far with the spinners and Langer was well set so I didnt expect edges.
5.Funnily enough I felt that the CPU sometimes played its shots a fraction later than usual?

All in enough this has been a rather different start by the CPU than other patches ..exciting stuff !!!Great work Tutsi!

Good stuff man i like ur rview that this bpatch is like real life i.m gonna try it man can't wait but i have to finish my homework then i can play

Kumble strikes!! Martyn tried sweeping a googly and was lbw. Lehman came in and promptly dispatched a short ball to the boundary. Kumble then bowled one that was short and missing the left handers leg stump.Lehman pulled it , but it took the top edge and was caught at fine leg by Laxman.Aus now 110/5 with Gilchrist and Katich at the crease.Kumble has taken 3 wickets! The game is awesome - here I am sitting and playing this at 11:30 at night in New Jersey when I should be working on a presentation for tomorrow!!!

angryangy said:
. I've also tried out Gold639's changes to 7.0 beta, but that was all out for 82 after 37 overs on a hard pitch.

You surely must have forgotten some changes,as its impossible to get the cpu out for that low score.I think you forgot to replace the pacing files with ravi's pacing files.

But anyway,now with this patch,you want the cpu to be more aggressive,right? So all you have to do is keep tweaking the CPUBALLSFACED,CPUTACTICSDEFEND and CPUBATTINGMATCHTYPE until you find the perfect solution.btw tutsi expect a review of both your patches from me soon.

Users who are viewing this thread