Tutsi's A.I. Patches

Tustsi I have tried both versions of your patches and here are my reviews:

Version A - I tried out this patch first because I wanted to try out the new batting.I started a 50 over match between New South Wales(me) and South Africa.I won the toss and chose to bat.From the first ball onwards,it was a nightmare.I was hardly able to connect with the ball and it was an accomplishment to just defend.Everything was either going past the bat or was taking the edge.I struggled and toiled to make 197 for 9 in 50 overs.I got out mostly bowled and lbw.One thing I noticed was that a overpitched leg stump ball was just unplayable.I got out lbw to balls like that.And yorkers are impossible to defend.I think I managed to defend only 2 or 3 yorkers.My top scorer was S.Waugh with 63 runs and even he got most of his runs through edges.Now for the bowling: In the first five overs,I got absolutely creamed.62 for 0 in the first 5 overs with Lee and McGrath bowling!! Almost everyball was being slogged.In an attempt to slow down the pace,I brought on Katich and Clarke.To my surprise,the cpu started playing more defensively.Gibbs mistimed a leg glance and was caught by Katich at short mid-wicket.79 for 1 after 10 overs.Kallis was the new batsman so I decided to bring on McGrath to get him out cheap.And to my pleasant surprise,both batsman were not slogging anymore.I guess they were programmed to slog in the first five years.They were now playing sensibly and even the occasional slog was safe and well-placed.The score was 129 for 1 after 20 overs.I began to panic and hence I lost my concentration and bowled a few wide balls which were dispatched for 4.I finally got Smith caught at first slip to bracken.But S.A reached the target with a score of 198 for 3 in 35 overs.Overall I felt the pacing of the cpu was very good.If only the batting was easier,It would have been a great match.Your patch makes the game and batting very realistic.With more practice my batting is sure to improve.Your patch will be great in test matches as you would have plenty of time to settle down.

Version B-I tried out this patch hoping that batting would be easier.I started a match between Australia(me) and Sri Lanka.I chose to bowl first.This time,I knew what to expect from the first five overs and I bowled a good line and length to restrict them to just 45 of the first 5 overs.Attapatu was playing cautiously while Jayasuriya was trying to slog me.He reached his 50 of 39 balls while Attapatu was still on 11. I brought on Lehmann and put a short mid-wicket hoping Jayasuriya would get out like Gibbs in the previous match.It worked and I got him out for 62.The score was 96 for 1.Sri Lanka batted the full 50 overs and posted a total 0f 289.Now for the batting:I lost Gilchrist in the third over trying to slog.It was 19 for 1.Hayden and Ponting made a good partnership until Hayden got out at Square Leg trying to slog sweep Murali.It was 102 for 2 from 22 overs.I needed to accelerate to win the match.But I lost Lehmann early bowled at 110 for 3.Martyn and Ponting made another good partner ship until Ponting fell to Vass-LBW to the unplayable overpitched leg stump ball.He was out for 70.The score was 213 for 4 of 37 overs.I promoted Symonds up the order to slog a few.He did his job but then was caught at long on.Score was 252 for 5 from 45 overs.Clarke came in and hit a few fours before Martyn fell to Vaas bowled on 72.Score was 272 for 6 in 48 overs.I slogged every ball but in the end I fell 3 runs short.Overall,especially since the batting was easier,I enjoyed this patch more.The match was a thriller and I enjoyed it a lot.

Overall tutsi,both your patches are great but I like B more because of the easier batting.The best part is the CPU's excellent pacing.Fantastic patch tutsi. :clap :drinks :) :D

just had a quick test of the batting, everything seems to be in order. has the front foot straight drive been tweaked as it rarely goes straight anymore?

Erm thats a confirmation the front and back foot straight drives dont really work, instead of going straight they go off at an angle and NEVER beat the man at mid off, no matter how well you connect with it in a test match. Not tried odi's yet can you edit this stroke please tutsi? cheers :)

hi guys....and thnx a lot for those fantastic reviews.

plz do keep on posting ur comments and stories, as they are very intresting to read and bring out the in-depth features of the patch.

**i just don't understand cricket 2004, i have never ever experienced EDGES and BATPAD in odi. while some of you have definately got some edges in odi.

the_gas - yes i have tweaked the straight drives coz i felt that they were acting like the get-off shots coz in the earlier patches they always went straight ensuring a boundary everytime while was not realistic. now i have tweaked it so that normally it will go to mid-off, but sometimes it will change its direction and will either go between the wickets and mid-off OR between the mid-off and the fielder standing next to him.

The_gas said:
Erm thats a confirmation the front and back foot straight drives dont really work, instead of going straight they go off at an angle and NEVER beat the man at mid off, no matter how well you connect with it in a test match. Not tried odi's yet can you edit this stroke please tutsi? cheers :)

Hi Gas. I am using the patch in a test, and while I agree the drives rarely if ever go srtaight anymore, I am consistently beating the fielders at mid on/off with well timed strokes

tutsipoppy2 said:
hi guys....and thnx a lot for those fantastic reviews.

plz do keep on posting ur comments and stories, as they are very intresting to read and bring out the in-depth features of the patch.

**i just don't understand cricket 2004, i have never ever experienced EDGES and BATPAD in odi. while some of you have definately got some edges in odi.

the_gas - yes i have tweaked the straight drives coz i felt that they were acting like the get-off shots coz in the earlier patches they always went straight ensuring a boundary everytime while was not realistic. now i have tweaked it so that normally it will go to mid-off, but sometimes it will change its direction and will either go between the wickets and mid-off OR between the mid-off and the fielder standing next to him.

Tutsi. Overall I love 7.1 B. A couple of questions based on limited testing.

1. Have you also tweaked the front foot coverdrive? I find that now it will pop up more frequently and is harder to time. I like the change as that shot was way to easy to hit before.

2. Are Yorkers harder to defend in 7.1 B. I was doing OK against them in 7.0 with a straight drive, but am having more trouble with them in this patch.

More later after further testing...

wow what can I say about this patch
I am using 7.1.a with sams no cursor cricket exe
Finally I found something which is hard enough for me
especially batting, its so hard to score....just great

After playing more than 200+ 50 over matches without loosing this the first time when I thought I might lose this one...I started India (me) vs. South Africa its was a normal pitch and I won the toss and elected to bat...I played first two overs carefully defending and taking singles...but thats just not my style so started playing my natural game which is smashing :) and my wicket started falling I tried cover drive but I was caught, then came overpitched leg stump ball which took one more wicket, followed by a yorker another wicket falls, then I ran myself out, yet another batsman departs, man I bated consistently (i.e. getting out at constituent rate) so I was 38/8 and finally figured out what was going on I started seriously but I was defiantly too late but I still managed to score 68 run with only 2 edges in entire game (which did not carry) and two stupid run outs (my fault) ....anyway it was time to bowl, defending only 68 runs was a scary thought but it wasn't the first time so it was ok....my first over was smashed for 9 runs but second over was turning point when I got 3 wickets, and after that I dominated the rest of the match agarkar was simply great 6/14 and pathan was 4/20 SA all out for 38
next game is Ind vs. Aus hard wicket India 140/4 at the end of 25 overs (finally I am playing this seriously) this is the slowest I have ever played, I am so glad that its hard to score run :)
I simulated few games in between and the score looks pretty real

so here it is:

Batting :- finally something which defines hard...a great job done...shots have very extended range which is good and its hard to slog and that unplayable yorkers, overpitched leg stump ball, and few other balls makes life very difficult, a great patch

Bowling :- I am not the right person to say anything about it cause I generally simulate bowling so find some challenging total (cause whenever I bowl I get my opponents out between 40-60 runs on an average :( don't worry thats just me)

Overall its a great patch which take this game to a whole another level so enjoy :)
thanks tutsi for a great great patch

griffon23 said:
Tutsi. Overall I love 7.1 B. A couple of questions based on limited testing.

1. Have you also tweaked the front foot coverdrive? I find that now it will pop up more frequently and is harder to time. I like the change as that shot was way to easy to hit before.

2. Are Yorkers harder to defend in 7.1 B. I was doing OK against them in 7.0 with a straight drive, but am having more trouble with them in this patch.

More later after further testing...

1. ya i have twekaed it to make it more difficult, but with practise and with more matches u'll get use to it.

2. well...in HARD mode yes, they are a little bit difficult, not too much, so no real problem.

Ok i will keep trying the straight drives and see how i get on, im am liking the extra variation in shots. 40 overs in to a test match so far so i havent tried bowling yet.

After further testing, I have found some serious problems. I am Aus playing India on a NORMAL pitch in Melbourne. I batted to a realistic 406. At this point I was loving the patch. Then India comes up. In 10 minutes, they are 17/5 and 16 of those 17 runs are missed edges by my fielders that went to the boundary. This is on HARD difficulty. Its easier than ever to dismiss them.

Can anything be done to make the bowling hard in this game!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo the bowling sucks in tutsi patch even my friend tried the new tutsi patch he was bowling and the score is 3 runs for 3 wickets if u try to bowl yorker they get bowled either LBW and batiing is quite far realistic batiing is no problem wat abt the bowling the bowling shuld be solve

The bowling in 7.1 is very very bad. I just bowled India out for 30 runs in 18 overs on hard difficulty. Of all the patches Ive played by Tutsi thus far, this is the easiest bowling I have ever seen. The odd thing is that the CPU wouldn't even play shots in this patch. It would either block or try to get out of the way. When it blocked, it got edges and when it tried to evade, LBW. Five of each in my most recent game.

Its a shame, because the batting is spot on.

Same think the problem is also with me the bowling is the worst part i've seen in this patch the cpu gets out in yorker they don't even select shots or anything

Yeah. That was the strangest thing. I intentionally tried to feed it some easy deliveries, and it still wouldnt try a shot. Something is way off in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread